Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Påsans amazing LOTR RTD compendium.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Påsans amazing LOTR RTD compendium.

I read all of them too, I like to read what's happening to all the lesser beings and that genius elf that just got pooped out by a giant octopus.

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Only only started reading after I noticed the giant octopus.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Vatterholm
    Realising i just failed at killing a dying orc, i stand up and look aroun from my elevated position on the wall instead.
    Looking at the city, then outside it.

[3]
    You observe that the city is under siege, there was fire going up several places in the city. There is a breach in the wall somewhere to the north of you and the fighting seems now to be going on in the streets rather than in the breach and battlements so the defenders were obviously hard pressed. Outside of the city where was a huge camp surrounding the city, from where you are standing it seems like the siegecamp are mostly consisting of the same creatures that your friends are fighting behind you.

During your little outlook the men behind you fought fiercely and the orcs could not withstand the two knights in their gleaming armours and long swords and the wild dane and his large axe spreading death as they advanced on the orc. The ladder was pushed down from the wall with a squealing orc still clinging on to it and the last of the orcs were cut down or thrown from the wall. The fight was over and the men was cheering and congratulating each other. You make out some of their conversation

"Its seldom to see mean of Rohan this far south, but we need stout men like you if we are to hold the city" the one knight told Madsen.
    "Come Madsen, there is fire in the city and we will have need of your axe!"

"I will join you shortly" Madsen responded, before turning towards you

"Snorre Eirikson, I always thought you a brave man and a good fighter, but now my eyes have been opened to the truth. I name you a coward and a weakling, and you should keep your distance from now on. You are not worthy of Valhalla, and a Orc spear through your throat is too good a fate for the likes of you. Do not follow us"
    The big Dane sent you one last evil look before he left with the two knights to join the fight in the streets.

You are alone on the rampart. There is several dead orcs lying about and there is a battle going on in the streets of the city.

Rarity
    I reach for the dead man's pocket, hoping the blue light has some sort of healing power.
    [1]

You were wounded, more than that you were severely wounded. However as you searched the dead man you found both a shield [-1 to hits against you] and a blue necklace that was identical to your own. They both gleamed a radiant blue now, so bright that in the dying day you were afraid of being seen. You attempted to tuck them both in the pocket of the slimy corsair outfit you were wearing but as the necklaces touched there was a explosion of blue fire with a supersonic boom! that knocked you right out. You awoke next to a rock that did not use to be there. Also something was making a sound akin to a donkey or something like that. You realized that the rock was actually the feet of a giant Troll and that it (like all trolls it really like treasure) was holding your combined necklace that now gleamed a vivid purple. It suddenly noticed that you were awake, so it tried to stomp your head [2-1=1] but you managed to roll aside with no harm. You are at the feet of a giant cave troll, it already tried to kill you. Your necklace was now combined with the one you found on the dead man and was now purple in color. However the troll have stolen it from you. Also you're very lucky you're not dead.

Kameraden
    "So you're Imrahil? Why don't we talk about this over that table, I treat you a beer. If you buy it."
    Now that I have located Imrahil and I'm a free man, it's time to ask some questions.
    [1]
    Fine, the Prince of Dol-Amroth said, and ordered a new round of pints in the tavern. However as you sat down you noticed that the drunkard had regained his mind and were again hitting at you with a flask while screaming "I loved her!" [1-1=0] however he slipped on a discarded banana and broke his neck on the chair he landed on. A maid hurriedly cleared the body away and nobody seemed to care all that much.

A stressed man came into the tavern and told the prince that two of the three wall-forts had fallen to the Mordor and Easterling armies. And that the enemy would be at the gates by tomorrow. The prince turned to you "what do you want to talk about he said in a annoyed tone. You are in a conversation with Imrahil in a Tavern.

Maedros
    I start hitting the orcs with my axe, hoping to find something of use.

You charge at the orcs and skillfully wield your axe so that both the orcs were taken aback by the huge dealer of death that swung through the air landing a blow [3] at the first orc's right leg [3+2=5] lobbing it straight off with no effort at all. The Orc went down screaming as you hit the axe at the second Orc [4] hitting its shoulder and [6+2=8] creating a rift in time and space that sent the orc screaming to another galaxy. The remaining orc squealed on the ground but you hit the orc [2] right next to its last leg. It tries to crawl away. You are in the outskirts of the siege camp. The Corsairs are still in confusion but that might not last long. You left one remaining orc who should not bother you any more as it is severely wounded. A loud boom was heard in the distance and there is a city not too far away.

[+2 to damage for having a good dwarven war-axe.]

Inkie Pie
    His back now crooked as a politician, Serp groaned through dry lips as he looked up at the imposing buildings rising high into the sky before him. He found it a lot more impressive than Manhattan, anyway. He had no chance out in the wilderness, with all the fighting going on, and he was thirsty as hell, so he hobbled into the city, looking first for a place where he could sell his crown. He didn't have any money and didn't think stealing a drink wouldn't be very wise in the state that he was in, let alone the place he was in.

I enter the city and look for a jeweller (or equivalent) where I can sell the Haradrim warlord's crown.
    [6]

You enter the city through the gate and were not stopped. And apparently "Aladdin's Jewelry" was the first store you noticed. Mainly due to its eastern-looking decor and bombastic style with what looked like a gigantic golden lamp on its roof. Inside you felt as you were in a odd b-film remake of the Chieftains tent you were in before, as the decorations was in the same style just.. cheaper. A a feminine voice wispered "Come marvel at the mysteries of the far east, where gold flows like rivers and there is jewels in the trees... special price only for you" There was a fat man sitting on a bunch of pillows by a small desk. You assume that must be the store owner who had spoken so you walked up to him and flung the turban-pillow at his ugly little desk.

At first the man seemed confused and outright angry, but then he brought forth a odd little glass and took a closer look at the diamant-ridden turban, then he froze and sent you a astound look. "This cannot be" He said in a heavily-accented voice. "This cannot be the crown of Herumor the Magnificent himself! This must be wrong but.. The age, the jewels, no this is the treasure of treasures itself! Tell me how did you come by it!?" You divert the man simply by demanding a price and he say "Oh.. Everything!" The fat little man dons a traveling coat. Grabs the elaborate turban and walks out of the store. Leaving you the proud owner of a jewelry store with much and more jewelry and diamonds, a small mountain worth of money and a giant gilded lamp on the roof.
    You are in your jewelry store in Minas Tirith.

Lollsuck
    I tell the rangers that I will go to Minas Tirith after the battle as I heard some news about an attack on the city. First these nasty pirates have to die though.

I orientate to see what's going on on the battlefield and where my little group of rangers is needed.
    [2]
    On your rather elevated position you could see that the city was under siege by two armies. One army was to the north of you and had obviously come from Mordor. They were assaulting the city and had already knocked a hole in the wall, so streams of Orcs were charging into the streets. You notice their siege equipment which was launching fire and death into the city was rather poorly defended as most of the orcs have taken into the city.

The other camp was the Corsair camp, and they was for some reason fighting each other, but the fight seems to be dying down and some corsairs were already advancing toward your position due to the three that had survived the patrol had warned them of your presence.

The City was covered in smoke and their wall was breached at one point. The single odd ladder you saw earlier had been pushed down, presumably by the defenders but there was plenty of ladders and siege towers near the Mordor assault. Lastly a huge boom could be heard from the river near the Corsair camp. Something huge and slimy had crawled up on the beach and was lying still for now.

It was getting late in the day, the sun was about to go down, and you seem to be able to spot a blue mist coming down from the highlands behind the Mordor camp.

You are on a high spot with the rangers. There is enemies moving your way.

Nosjack
    I start thinking in my head, "Damn, these people must be in quite the debacle to have to build such defenses. Either that, or they lack the stomach to face they're opponent the open.... Either way it's best not to get involved. I do much better on my own anyway.
    Might as well get a drink while I'm here, I'm sure I could trade my cigarets, or if need be, "ask" for a drink."

You find your way to the tavern "Queen Berúthiel's Cat" in the second level of the city. Its a dark atmosphere and weirdly silent. You watch as a dead man is dragged past you and out in the streets. The clientell is mosly male, and have quite a few soldiers. You notice particularly the band of heavily armed Knightly-typed that were sitting in the corner in deep conversation. You notice that your necklace once again have started to lighten up and glow blue as it becomes warmer. A busty barmaid comes up to you and offers you a drink because you're handsome. You are in the tavern "Queen Berúthiel's Cat" and a pretty barmaid have offered you a drink. Your necklace seems to glow every time it enters a bar however.

Lyra
    Boro saw the little skirmish unfloding. The noble-looking big folk in armour fell upon the dirtier big-folk. It was a chatoc sight indeed, but Boro was unphased, he did not care which big'un bonked the ther or why the hittin was a hitting. He wanted his weed.

"I! Der bi sum dery chaps a brekin a teg... sas fer welmokin. Ans daders antanas ider. Lakadem, as swors a shilds. Gona be a we bet af blad." But then the hobbit though for a bit, and used his senseful mind: "As der shanunns bi haldin de get, an i mite wans ga throo that, then tebber mi go a help dem, yea? As so, de dirty falk ans look lak de Landendulanling dat taks mi DEEW! THAS DOOG NOTTIN FRO! AS GET MA DEEW BACK!"

If all the men and orks had stopped fighting and looked to the treese, they might have see the flashing blue or heard the raging but minute voice speaking angrily about mysterious raddishes and Koots or Took and Shires... But they did not... what was a Hobbit in all this mess?

I charge down to kill some dirty big-folk, not the shiny ones. I wield my sword and my blue thing.

~Lyra
    [4]

You charge down from the treeline screaming in your unintelligible tongue. But nobody was noticing the small hobbit for the Gondorean assault took the Orcs completely by surprise as they got in among the ram-wielders and slaughtered most of the orcs there before reinforcements could be sent. The Gondoreans had formed a stout shield wall (For that is the best way to fight the wild orcs) and the Orc army threw themselves at them. The gate through the wall had opened now and the shield wall was being reinforced by stout men with sword and spear while the archers on the walls was raining down arrows. As the main Orc army charged the Gondorean shield wall, hoping to break through and end this in a massive slaughter, they did not notice the little man and his blue jewel that seemed to glow brighter as the Orcs grew closer until he was upon them.

He came upon the Orc armys back and [6+1=7] and wedged his dwarven-forged sword in the throat of a Orc [2+2=4] that was instantly sent to wherever Orcs go when their throats are torn apart, and the next one had no time to turn as the angry hobbit slashed at him [4+1=5] hitting straight through its filthy chainmail as it were not there and [6+1=7] drove the Orc mad with pain as its parrying slash went wild into the Orc beside him and taking him down as well, creating a great deal of confusion in the ranks. Then the commanding Orc, which was a Black Uruk from Mordor stepped out of the ranks and charged the little man that had taken down three Orks and caused such commotion [3-1=2] but his sword harmlessly hit your chainmail and you managed to counterattack [1] but your sword was nowhere near to hit as he danced away.
    You are in a small battle. There is a Gondorean shieldwall protecting the open gate and archers raining arrows down at the orcs. Which have been unsuccessful in breaking them and lost a great number of Orks in return. You have taken down a few orcs and thus caused confusion which have aided the Gondoreans, you are however involved in a duel with the Orc Chieftain, A black Uruk form Mordor. Killing him might end the battle.

[+1 to hit because you came upon the enemies back and they did not see you coming (assassination)]
    [+1 to damage because of Dwarven short sword]
    [-1 to damage against you because of chainmail]

Ze Rules From now on, if someone rolls a 6 to hit they get a +1 to their damage roll.

Trolls have a -1 to hit and a +1 to damage. Thus they usually notch you down 2 heath if they can land a hit.

Also I hope that people understand the difference between rolling a 1 while safe in a tavern and rolling a 1 in a monster's damn stomach. Environment plays a large part in how large the threats directed at you are.
    Last edited by Påsan; April 29, 2012 at 08:40 PM.

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

I politely thank the barmaid and accept the drink, while at the same time secretly placing the necklace in my pocket. I then ask the barmaid what the cause is for all the soldiers.

Keep in mind that while I know what's going on in middle earth, my character doesn't, so I'm trying to keep true to that.

Kameraden's Avatar Campidoctor

"Just what the hell is going on?" I reply with a same rude tone he used, "what is this blue necklace, who are you, and since when you can't fight back some half-minded orcs and sandpeople?"

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

OH COME ON! STUPID DICE!!!!

I wait for a passerby hoping that he will help me, seducing him if necessary. [Applies skill]

Vaðarholmr's Avatar Archivum Scriptorium
    Content Emeritus

"Well well" i think to myself. "I never realy liked Danes anyway."
    I start to walk down from the wall, heading towards what look like the city center. Hoping to find some proper equipment and be less vulnerable. Planning to run if i see any group of orcs bigger than 1.

I begin to think my skill is useless
    {I cook weird stuff}-{Patronised by the fearsome Chloe}
    „[...] því að með lögum skal land vort byggja en eigi með ólögum eyða.“
    (The Frosta-thing law, 1260)

Is acher in gaíth innocht,
    fu-fuasna fairggae findfolt:
    ní ágor réimm mora minn
    dond láechraid lainn ua Lothlind.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I run away from the camp before the corsairs realize I was there
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ✧Rarity✧ View Post
    OH COME ON! STUPID DICE!!!!

I wait for a passerby hoping that he will help me, seducing him if necessary. [Applies skill]
    You're trying to seduce a cave-troll?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

We open fire on the approaching corsairs, we will avoid melee. (skirmish mode on)

Citizen

I realized I've forgot all about giving you guys new skills to play with. So 6's from now on will perhaps give you a new skill, since nobody seems to be using the ones you got.

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

"Ya big al dirry, messly, tall ooff! Wans yi go back hom, ta do al sars af badises? FEAR DE STING AF A KOOT!!"

I charge the Tall oaf with my sword and blue thing again.

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    You're trying to seduce a cave-troll?
    Did I say it was a cave-troll?

I meant a human/elf who passes by luck

I close down the shop temporarily and take with me half of the money, looking first to buy some armour and a healing potion, then to store the rest in a bank.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Citizen

Sorry about no turn yesterday, bit I've been visiting a friend so my only TWC outlet have been my Iphone. She's asleap right now so I've stolen her laptop to do some propper writing

Nosjack
    I politely thank the barmaid and accept the drink, while at the same time secretly placing the necklace in my pocket. I then ask the barmaid what the cause is for all the soldiers.

Keep in mind that while I know what's going on in middle earth, my character doesn't, so I'm trying to keep true to that.
    [1]

"Ahh! You disgusting man!" The barmaid screams at you before she slaps you violently in the face [-1 health] The tavern suddenly became hostile towards you and the barkeeper who was a broad as a house and still wore his old Rangers of Ithilen cloak marched over, grabbed your shoulder and threw you out of the tavern "That's for insulting the womenfolk you damn scoundrel" he shouted at you and slammed the door in your face. You are on the second level of Minas Tirith. You are no longer welcome in the Tavern.

Kameraden
    "Just what the hell is going on?" I reply with a same rude tone he used, "what is this blue necklace, who are you, and since when you can't fight back some half-minded orcs and sandpeople?"
    [5]
    Imrahil was a bit taken aback with your apparent lack of knowledge of anything that went on around these parts, but he decided to be patient with you.

"This is the realm of Gondor" he started "We have been under attack from the dark lord in Mordor as long as anyone can remember, but now our strength have dwindled and the enemy have grown, and now he is finally ready for the final stroke, they are coming for us as we speak with untold numbers of evil and shadow"

At this point he had to pause, because someone had insulted one of the barmaids and was being thrown out of the tavern to great amusement for everyone.

Imrahil continued as nothing had happened "I am prince Imrahil of Dol-Amroth, Dol Amroth is one of the southern realms of Gondor, and we guard the sea and the south from raiders and pirates. Our own realms are under threat as well, but I have come to aid our lord in this final hour. For shall this city fall, then I can see no hope for the world of man. I lead the knights of Dol-Amroth, the Swan Knights, these men" He nodded to two of his companions "..Are some of the finest fighting men in Gondor and we will fight or we will die."

"I cannot know what this necklace means for you or me. But Mithrandir instructed me that it is a thing of great importance and that I should help you any way I could, hence I offer you a place among my knights until the fortcoming siege have ended. We will provide you with armour horse and weapons of the likes you have never seen and men will hold you in high regard as long as you are with us."

"The enemy does not only consist of simple orcs, the enemy have legions of men under his service, and beasts and fire and shadow. He have fear and hunger under his command and chief among them, despair. That will be our enemy and this is what we fight."

" Now unless there is any more questions, we are planning a raid against the Mordor enemy before they can close around the city, you can join or you can stay, it is up to you"

You are talking to Imrahil, he is inviting you to join a raid on the enemy.

Rarity

If a troll was ever able to smile with glee, you just saw it as it lifted its humongous foot above your head and was about to stomp down on you yet again. Almost certain this would be it, you never heard the soft snapping noise from the bowstring but you noticed that the troll suddenly had a arrow in the knee. It howled out with rage, the sudden pain making it loose balance and fall over on the muddy beach with a lout thumb. You managed to crawl away from the angry troll just as a cloaked man grabbed your arm and pulled you back from the raging monstrosity. The troll soon regained its footing however. "We cannot outrun it" the cloaked man stated as he put you down a short distance from the rising troll "We'll have to fight, can you shoot that bow?" You are temporarily saved from certain death by a cloaked stranger, but the troll is getting ready to pursue. You are severely wounded and attempting to outrun the troll will give a [-1] penalty.

Vatterholm
    "Well well" i think to myself. "I never realy liked Danes anyway."
    I start to walk down from the wall, heading towards what look like the city center. Hoping to find some proper equipment and be less vulnerable. Planning to run if i see any group of orcs bigger than 1.

I begin to think my skill is useless

[3]

You head on down to the city center, not running into anything dangerous on the way. But as you approach the square you noticed that the fight was not going well for the defenders. The large square was lined with little flags and there were a big flag in the middle. There were four streets leading into the square and what looked like a town hall or something behind it. You get the sensation that if the enemy was allowed to hold this square for too long the fight would be lost. The square was being assaulted from two of the streets by orcs, and the defenders were huddled around the centre flag fighting to the last man determined to sell their lives as expensive as possible. There are dead bodies everywhere, mostly orcs but there was also many men in chainmail and plate lying around. However there was orcs nearby and if you went into the square you might be attacked. You are on the edge of the square, the defenders on the square are not doing well and are being attacked from two sides by multiple orcs.

Maedros
    I run away from the camp before the corsairs realize I was there
    [5]
    You manage to sneak away from the camp without anyone noticing you, and got yourself on to relative safety in a ravine between the siege camp and the city. You was one dwarven axe richer and the Corsairs had taken massive casualties and was now left in total confusion! [Cheery Littlebottom has learned the ability Thievery] The environment was getting darker and gloomier as the day was getting old. The city was now vividly ablaze from the assaulting orcs and a blue mist had begun to creep in behind the Mordor camp. The Corsairs was scouring the area, and might find you if you are not careful and you could see a small purple light in the distance down by the river. You are in a small ravine hidden from unfriendly eyes between the city and the Corsairs.

Lollsuck
    We open fire on the approaching corsairs, we will avoid melee. (skirmish mode on)
    [3]

The corsairs were coming your way, but they knew the danger and were carrying large shields that made them hard to hit in the bad light. There was a archer among them that kept loosening shots from behind the shield-carriers and one of your ranger-friends was hit in the leg as you retreated. You shot a arrow at the archer when he tried to make another shot. [1+1=2] but the arrow was caught on the shield protecting the archer.

In the distance you can hear screams coming from the Mordor camp.

You are engaged in a skirmish with a band of corsairs. They are all armed with large shields and are steadily advancing towards you, driving you and your band or rangers towards the city.

Lyra
    "Ya big al dirry, messly, tall ooff! Wans yi go back hom, ta do al sars af badises? FEAR DE STING AF A KOOT!!"

I charge the Tall oaf with my sword and blue thing again.

~Lyra
    [2]

You were engaging the large orc when a terrifying scream split the sky. It was not the sound of battle or pain, which was all around by now, it was more like the sound of fear and terror incarnate creaping into your heart. There was a large shadow that had arrived to the battle, soaring on the evil clouds that had assembled during the day. The large orc grinned at you and seemed to grow in both confidence and strength. He used his superior reach to launch a swift attack at you [4-1=3] taking your off-hand by surprise and [5] cutting three fingers straight off [-1 health]. The pain made you drop the necklace to the ground, but the pain also made you lounge clumsily at the orc [1] again missing him completely as he easily dodged your predictable counter-attack. Another scream tore through your body and mind, some tension was released in the mob of orcs, for they were running and howling forward as the Gondorean shieldwall must have broken. You are still involved in a duel with the orc chieftain but you are now wounded. The battle might be lost on the arrival of the black screeching shadow in the air.

Inkie Pie
    I close down the shop temporarily and take with me half of the money, looking first to buy some armour and a healing potion, then to store the rest in a bank.
    [6]

You take your new found riches and go on a pleasant shopping trip. The blacksmiths were in full swing of making all kinds of weapons, repairs and armour and you manage to pick up a suit of heavy Gondorean plate armour [-1 to damage against you] and a Gondorean-style tower shield [-1 to hits against you] You head on down to the alchemists to get some health potion and you give them a large, green ruby as payment. Astounded the old alchemist also tries to give you three experimental and highly unstable grenades [Damage: Environmental] You stroll around the city and because of your incompetence in evaluating what things are actually worth (hence giving way too much) people like you [Skill learnt: Charm] There is no bank in the city however. You are done shopping in Minas Tirith.

Man I'm tierd and this laptop is . Gonna perhaps re-write this tomorrow. Its all badly written crap. You get the dices and the outline of the action though.
    Last edited by Påsan; May 02, 2012 at 04:30 PM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I decide to make my way to the city, as it seems it's the best place to be if I want to survive.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Vaðarholmr's Avatar Archivum Scriptorium
    Content Emeritus

As i am scared of being atacked from behind I make my way to the squard. Looking to grab a weapon (but not armor) or something usefull ( a wall to drop on them or something).
    {I cook weird stuff}-{Patronised by the fearsome Chloe}
    „[...] því að með lögum skal land vort byggja en eigi með ólögum eyða.“
    (The Frosta-thing law, 1260)

Is acher in gaíth innocht,
    fu-fuasna fairggae findfolt:
    ní ágor réimm mora minn
    dond láechraid lainn ua Lothlind.

"Dol-Amroth you say? I've never visited the city yet I have passed through the realm on my way to Eriador, but I've heard of the Swan Knights. It would be an honor to join your ranks. I don't know about the tactics of the orcs but of the Haradrim I know almost too well, I wont be burden for you I swear."

As I take a glance towards the bar I notice a dim blue glow coming from a mans pocket, just as he's thrown into the street. I rapidly stand up, lope over the drunken on the floor and run to the door: "My prince, if you want to help me, help me catch that man!"

My heart is pounding, for this stranger might have answers.

Delete, again. This thread makes double posts all the time.
    Last edited by Kameraden; May 02, 2012 at 03:02 AM.

"It seems I have no other choice" Ennostiel replies.

I use my bow to attack the troll, hoping to evade the troll's attacks.