Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Påsans amazing LOTR RTD compendium.

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Påsans amazing LOTR RTD compendium.

Man, I'd wish to be added to the waiting list!

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Mhaedros
    I am filled with victory-feeling even though the Black Uruks are still in the fight. I throw away all doubt, take my Dwarven Axe and charge the Uruks, hoping to kill some fast. My goal is the big one shouting orders.

Gondorean army roll: [2+2 for momentum and fleeing enemies] Orc leader rallying roll: [5-1 for terror]

As the Gondorean army surge forwards and cut down hundreds of fleeing orcs with impunity, many of the panic stricken orcs eventually realized they where surrounded, and well helped by the screams and threats of their leader, gathered around their warlord for a stubborn last stand.

Abandoning your feeble attempt at ranged combat, you decide to rather get in thick and heavy and finish this debacle. You launched a vicious charge into the rallying orcs, hoping to strike down their leader [5]. You find your way through the mass of scurrying orcs and a few of the Gondorean troops that have been following you since you slew the troll sees the initiative and charges in after you.

Your ferocious charge catches one of the Uruks unawares [To hit: 2+1 for good charge. To wound: 2+2 for axe, -1 for bad hit] you manage to only use your momentum to hit your axe pole into his head, sending the orc reeling backwards, momentarily stunned.

Initative roll:
    You: 4

Uruk: 4-1 for being stunned.

You follow the Uruk backwards into the mob of orcs and as you finally plunges your axe into him [To hit: 6, to wound: 6+2 for axe, +1 for good hit] you tear him easily apart with your weapon.

Your violent charge and subsequent struggle with the Uruk had now led you straight through the Uruk guard, bringing you stumbling into a small open space right in front of the Uruk Warlord. He was a great orc, man sized and dressed in what looked like some sort of black plate armour of great strength, he also carried a great two handed sword much unlike those crocked swords that orcs usually carry.

Initiative roll:
    You: 6.

Uruk Leader: 3:

Not one to be intimidated by your well-armed foe, you quickly leap on him before the big Uruk had a chance to react, your axe flew through the air [To hit: 4. To wound: 2+2 for axe, - 1 for enemy quality armour] however you only managed to scratch your enemy as your blow was largely deflected by the Uruks black plate armour. The enemy was finally given chance to react [1] with an evil grin on his face the orc moved aggressively towards you and raised its large weapon to strike you with great malice, however the orc suddenly stopped dead, its vile glee was replaced by a expression akin to wondrous surprise, as he realized an elven arrow was suddenly sticking out between his eyes.

The great Uruk fell over, dead. His bodyguards were either dead or dispersed and over the sound of the dying battle you could hear a melodious elven voice: "Fifty five!" it said in triumph.

You are in the city square, the battle is almost concluded with only pockets of resistance left as the orc leader was slain by an unexpected arrow. There is plenty of gondorean soldiers about running down the Orcs, but you can also spot the odd rider clad in earthly brown and green with long swords, spears or bow. You also see an odd pair of a gleaming swan knight and a northerner with a large axe fighting together. There are black-feathered arrows still coming from the three story building to your left, several orcs have fled in there seeking an refuge.

Stats
    Health:Perfect
    Inventory: Great Dwarven war Axe (+2 to damage, two handed)
    Skills: Smithing, Thievery.
    Relations: Allied with Gondorian defenders of Pelagir.

Kameraden
    After equipping the light knightly retainer armor set, I explain my plan of action to Imrahil. With the experience I have, I suggest that I'm given a band of light armored&fast moving knights in order to assassinate the enemy commander.

I also request that a messenger is to be send to Gandalf, asking that the prisoner must not be sent free until I have returned. Either with my own feet or on a shield.

As you finish armoring and arming yourself with your retainer gear, sword and light lance, Imrahil calls for a meeting of all the knights for a briefing of the forthcoming raid. You use the occasion swiftly before the briefing to explain your plan to Imrahil who nods silently before commencing the briefing.

The briefing begin:

"The newly appointed knight, have suggested we let him go after the enemy commander himself"

A nervous chuckle erupts in the audience.

"The enemy commander is the arch Nazgul, the one people call Which King. I am afraid that no man will be able to slay him, or so it is said among the legends surrounding this most evil of our adversaries"

Imrahil took a quick pause, you noticed several of the surrounding knights listed intensely, a tint of fear on their otherwise noble faces.

"I will not waste good men or horses pursuing such a goal, particularly not when reports indicate that there is none other than him amount the flying terrors that have been causing so much pain and fear for our valiant defenders"

At this the surrounding men look visibly relieved. Apparently the mere thought of facing the enemy which the prince spoke of brought unease and doubt even onto the most hardened and valiant of the defenders of the city.

"However, there are groups of other commanders on the battlefield, the Hararim Khan and the Easterling Warlord are both on the field, or so our scouts report from their banners"

At this, the Prince pulled forth a large map and mounted it on the wall, visible for all, it indicated in great detail the Pelenor plain and the incoming armies.

"As you can see, the main and most numerous forces are the Orcs of Mordor and their foul allies, the wargs and the trolls and other vile beasts. It is at these I will strike before the night falls, and should the valar look favorably upon us we will use the enemy's very fire to burn their siege equipment before they can be brought to bear on our beautiful city."

Imrahil thereby pointed at the Snake symbol on the map

"Those are the Haradrim, human dessert people in service to the dark hand, they are known for their swift horses and their lumbering war beasts we call Mûmakil. There have been reports of internal strife in their camp, but such have yet to be confirmed, the second raiding party will assault their possessions and do what damage they can, hopefully riling up the terrible beasts could buy us valuable time as they are fighting their own monsters"

Imrahil pointed towards the brown square to the north of the city

"Those are the Easterlings of Rhun, in all of our enemies forces, they are the most disciplined, and harbors the strongest hate for the west. In fighting style they are known to prefer light regiments supported by their warrior elite, the heavy loke-rim regiments. We are sending a third raid there, but it wil likely be little they can do apart from slowing down the easterlings"

Finally, the prince turned directly to you.

"I do like your plan, however. It is daring, yes almost foolhardy, yet we will have to take risks if we want to win this day. I will give you thirty light riders, and you can assault the leaders of which ever camp you prefer after the heavier horse have broken their lines and created confusion enough for you to win through."

With that the three hundred or so raiding knights broke up, and begun to prepare for their assault. You find a few infantrymen and ask them to go secure the prisoner until you return.

You are just finishing preparing for your attack. You have been granted thirty riders to strike at either of the three leaders leading the armies on the ground, the Orc General, the Easterling Khan or the Haradrim Serprent lord.

Current Stats:
    Inventory: Blue Glowing Necklace Quality Light armour [-2 to hits] Fast Horse, Light Lance [+1 to hit, +1 to wound on charge only -1 to hit in close melee]
    Skills: Smells like an animal.
    Relations: Bregbrog, follower. Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, Knights of Gondor, Thirty light retrainer cavalry.

Last edited by Påsan; November 13, 2012 at 05:49 PM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I move towards the house filled with orcs, looting bodies in the way. What I'm really searching for is a crossbow or shortbow. Once I come up to the house I'll cut down the door with my axe, unless someone else's already opened it.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Vaðarholmr's Avatar Archivum Scriptorium
    Content Emeritus

The girl makes me uncomfortable, and I quickly run after the rangers, up the stairs, holding my axe at the ready.

I close the front door so that the orcs don't disturb us as I walk past it.

Okay, I won't do that.
    {I cook weird stuff}-{Patronised by the fearsome Chloe}
    „[...] því að með lögum skal land vort byggja en eigi með ólögum eyða.“
    (The Frosta-thing law, 1260)

Is acher in gaíth innocht,
    fu-fuasna fairggae findfolt:
    ní ágor réimm mora minn
    dond láechraid lainn ua Lothlind.

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

Boro is disgusted by how unhelpful the big oaf are, but then, he sees familiar things: hobbits! Thin and hairless things, but hobbit folk nonetheless. He goes over to speak with them, carrying a less grumpy than usual expression.

Boro goes to talk with the children to ask if they know where to get weed.

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

"Well, I guess I'll be going then" I say to the old man.
    "Creeps the hell out of me, all this magic stuff, I'll take a walk around the city and try and clear my head."

I take up what few possessions I have and leave Gandalf. I stroll down the street and try to figure out what I'm doing here. "Maybe I should get a look see from the top of the walls, I'd like to see what this "light and dark crossroads" crap was about" I try to keep to myself, and walk towards the wall in order to get a better look around.

Kameraden's Avatar Campidoctor

I mount the horse given to me and take a good look at the men in my command. Even after the speech I feel confident of my skills, just another battle among others.

"Men of the West, it's time to go. If it's our part in the story to fall now, why don't we take few bastards with us? If we get the Haradrim Serpent lord, we shall weaken the enemy's southern front and ease the distress facing us."

I head behind the cavalry charge towards Haradrim in the south in order to kill the Haradrim leader.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

We attack the orcs and try to push them against a wall to get them trapped in a corner. I check the door if none of those weird things followed us.

Citizen

Inkie Pie

You are in your shop. You have killed two thieving robbers, and the last is knocked out. Numbering three soldier-clad bodies on the floor. There is much blood, but the red interior hides it somewhat.
    Serp was in awe. "Holy " he muttered to himself breathlessly. "That was AWESOME."

But then the adrenaline started to wear out and he realized that he was standing in his shop, covered in blood with three bodies at his feet, one of them still breathing, and another with a mashed head. How would he explain this to people? He could end up thrown in jail! The did he know about the stone-age laws of this place?? He'd go to prison, and based on what limited experience he had had of this world so far, he was not keen on playing "who dropped the soap?" in the local pisshole, even if it was just a dream.

In a panic, he decided that the place must be abandoned. He didn't want to sell -ty jewels anyhow. He took the unconscious thief's helmet off, pulled his head up by a tuft of his hair, and then slashed at his neck with his scimitar.

[If successful] He then dropped the remains, grabbed a cloth and quickly started wiping off the blood and bits of skull on his armour and face. Seizing a large knapsack, he placed the jewels with the best apparent size-value ratio and stuffed them inside, also filling his wallet and pockets with more of them in addition to some gold coins, before leaving the place. Once again in the middle of the street, he whistled innocuously and started to wander aimlessly away from the store.

For some reason he felt an intense desire to kill some more people.

[Robber waking up roll, need 4: 4]

The Robber on the floor slowly got back to consciousnesses, "ugh.. Mom, are yew there? me 'ead 'urts mom.." he stammered as you slowly removed his helmet. He hardly registered that you raised your sword "Wait..you ain't me mom" he said before you slashed at him [To hit 3 + 2 for stunned. To wound: 5+1 for weapon]

The robbers head was still rolling comically around on the floor as you finished putting all of the jewelry, diamonds, gold coins and ancient crowns from Numenor you could find into a large potato sack. you then threw the sack over your shoulder and went for a stroll down the nearby street not inconspicuously at all.

Strolling up towards the second circle you get passed by a small army of people on horses wearing much stuff. they seemed dead serious and not to be trifled with. You could see a bunch of kids arguing in a back alley and also once you got up on the second circle you overheard a few soldiers apprehending another soldier for whatever reason.

You could also see a few young ladies carrying a man on a stretcher, the man was clad in a black gold-rimmed cloak and wore armor slightly more elaborate than the other Soldiers you had seen about. He eyed you suspiciously however.

Finally you could hear a marching patrol approaching, a hard commanding voice shouting out "All soldiers on duty NOW, NO EXCEPTIONS"

You are in Minas Trith with a potato sack full of valuables.

Stats
    Inventory: Blue Glowing Necklace Heavy Gondorean Plate Armour (-1 to damage against you) Large Scimitar [+1 to damage] , Gondorean-style tower shield [-1 to hits against you] three experimental and highly unstable grenades [Damage: Environmental]
    Skills: Lying, Charm
    Relations: Owns a jewelry shop.

Mhaedros
    I move towards the house filled with orcs, looting bodies in the way. What I'm really searching for is a crossbow or shortbow. Once I come up to the house I'll cut down the door with my axe, unless someone else's already opened it.

[Looting roll: 3]*

You find only a rudimentary Orc bow and arrows [Ranged: -1 to hit] and not much else. You don't have any kind of armour on but neither could you find any suits of armour that would suit your frame among the fallen Humans or the Orcs, however the fine plate armour of the fallen Orc general seems to be about your size with some adjustments, however it would require time and some smiting accessories, neither which you have available at the moment.

You do however notice that the house with the Orc archers do look much like a smithy or forge, and since it will have to be cleared anyway you decide to assault it.

As you moved towards the big three story forge you notice that there was a large amount of Orcs fleeing towards the door, hoping to find refuge, but there apparently was something pressing the other way resulting in a bottleneck at the door. You also noticed a elf riding around shooting arrows from his horse, and a Dwarf on the other side of the square chasing Orcs.

[Archer spotting roll: 4]

One archer had apparently noticed you, as an arrow soon found its way towards you from the building above [To hit: 3-1 for bad weapon] however it missed you as you reached the orcs at the door which where struggling to get into the forge. [To hit: 4. To wound: 5+2 for weapon] You slashed apart the first orc closest to you, and by chance killed the next orc too, giving you a chance to see what was going on by the door.

There where what looked like human civilian females trying to force their way out of the door opening, you noticed that a few of them where horribly disfigured as if they had been mutilated or injured and then put back together. You also noticed that the orcs closest to them was not fighting, but was fighting other orcs! They seemed to have a blue tint in their eyes, as did the humans. Right next to you, you saw a human fall over an orc, while the latter having its whole sword pierced through the stomach of the female it affected her little as she bit the orc in the neck. The orc relaxed and closed its eyes, and when they opened they had a tint of blue. Dropping its weapons, both the orc and the female (still with the sword in her stomach) headed straight for you, arms outstretched "Braaaaaaaaiaiins" the orc said.

You are in a fight right outside the forge, something odd is going on.

Stats
    Inventory: Great Dwarven war Axe (+2 to damage, two handed) Orc Bow and Arrow. [-1 to hit due to poor quality]
    Skills: Smithing, Thievery.
    Relations: Allied with Gondorian defenders of Pelagir.

Vatterholm
    [B]The girl makes me uncomfortable, and I quickly run after the rangers, up the stairs, holding my axe at the ready.[B]

"Feeeeeeed" the girl screamed, before stumbling towards you, followed by several others. Her right leg seemed to be fused on to the knee the wrong way, impairing her movement. Deciding to get away from the grotesque sight you ran into the door the human rangers had previously entered.

"Close the door" someone said, on the other side, as you rushed towards it [Close door roll 4: 6] However you heard a click and the door was firmly closed. As you fanatically tried to rip the door open you felt something approach from your back

Initiative roll:
    You: 5

Girl: 2-1 slowness.

You turned around and heroically hit at the girl with your axe [To hit: 4. To wound: 1] you slashed downwards at the females, however as she lounged herself at you, you missed. The girl attacked you, and it almost seemed like she wanted to kiss you, was it not for her wild screams.

[To bite: 5. To turn: 5-1 for shield]

She bit down in your neck, you felt her teeth penetrating your flesh with superhuman strength and you fell backwards toward the door. The wound was not all that severe, but there was something else flowing from her mouth into your veins, a mist suddenly started to obscure your vision and senses as you dived into a deep pool of nothingness...

You awoke some minutes later after what seemed an eternity. You had been dreaming about oceans and ships and felt somewhat surprised that it was just a dream and not reality. it had felt more real than this, lying on a stone floor all numb. You were craving.. something. And it led you to stumble to your feet as you really wanted.. something. The room was full with walking creatures, they were all trying to get out the door. You did not want them, they were like you. Uninteresting. But you noticed that suddenly one of the shambling things dragged a small blackish creature into the room. You saw its glow, you wanted it. You wanted to eat it. But as other shamblers attacked it you lost interest as it became like you. Uninteresting.

There seems to be more.. Interesting substances outside the door, you could feel their glow. You should go there and eat their glow. Or perhaps try to force the door behind you open?

You are a walking undead. You are in a room with ten or so other undead, most of which are trying to force themselves outside. Being an undead you will loose a health point each turn you do not feed. However biting and turning other creatures will restore you to full health. Being an undead you can only communicate with zombie-esque moans like "Braaaains" and "Feeed" and "oHaaaaoooahhh" and most creatures will be hostile to you once they figure out you are a undead. Also, again, being an undead you get -1 for hitting other creatures with weapons, because you're slow but a +1 to wound due to supernatural strength. You can also attempt to bite which have no modifiers but turns the target should you manage to would them [3 or 4]

Yes, there is a cure, however you will have to find it, as you don't posses one of the "cures" at the moment.

Stats
    Inventory: Seax [Iron knife, -1 to hit when not close to target] Roundshield [Wooden shield -1 to hits against you, (bad condition)] Dwarven throwing axe [+2 damage thrown, normal melee damage]
    Skills: Alcohol Tolerance
    Relations: All Undead.

Lyra
    Boro is disgusted by how unhelpful the big oaf are, but then, he sees familiar things: hobbits! Thin and hairless things, but hobbit folk nonetheless. He goes over to speak with them, carrying a less grumpy than usual expression.

Boro goes to talk with the children to ask if they know where to get weed.

~Lyra

The kids eye you suspiciously as you walk over to them, full of distrust they seem almost hostile to someone as small as them.

However stubborn as you are, you try to explain to the "Hobbits" what you want.

"Yes" one of the kids respond to your inquiry, "I do know where your precious weed are"

He was now eyeing you from feet to toe, taking your measures, then he said with a wolfish grin "I am Beregil, If you want to know where your weed are, you'll have to fight me for it"

You are in conversation with some kids, they have some kind of information (or so they say) but they are apparently not giving it up without a fight. What will you do now?

Current Stats:
    Health:bad
    Inventory:Dwarven Shortsword [+1 to damage] Rugged Chainmail [-1 to hits against you] blowing instrument to call eagle, Blue Glowing Necklace
    Skills: Hobbit dexterity.
    Relations: Eagle friend.

Nosjack
    "Well, I guess I'll be going then" I say to the old man.
    "Creeps the hell out of me, all this magic stuff, I'll take a walk around the city and try and clear my head."

I take up what few possessions I have and leave Gandalf. I stroll down the street and try to figure out what I'm doing here. "Maybe I should get a look see from the top of the walls, I'd like to see what this "light and dark crossroads" crap was about" I try to keep to myself, and walk towards the wall in order to get a better look around.

You walk along the streets until you find a stair leading up to a nearby battlement. Entering you walk up and the whole of the situation is revealed to you. You are in what seems like the second level of a great white city. There are soldiers everywhere on the battlements, arming bows or crewing giant catapults. You could also see a great flat plain in front of the city, which had huge armies moving over it. You could see flames erupting in trenches that was being built, and enormous elephants carrying war-towers striding over the plains. The gates of the city were opening, and out rode close to a thousand riders in gleaming armors to meet this enemy. You realize you have never seen such a gathering of people, resources and aggression. It was simply the most epic thing you had ever seen.

"Halt, you there" someone behind you shouted.

Turning around, three armoured soldier-types were advancing at you. "We have been given orders to arrest and restrain you until further notice, foreigner. I am afraid you will have to come with us" One of the soldiers said.

You are on the battlements on the second level of the city Minas Tirith. The battlements continue to your left and right, and there is a tower to your left. However the stairs you ascended are blocked by three soldiers who are coming to arrest you for a unexplained reason, they are closing fast.

Stats
    Inventory: Blue Glowing Necklace Tommygun with 1 round. (Ranged, +2 to damage) Sword, Iphone4, Cigarettes, chain-mail (-1 to hits)
    Skills: Toughness
    Relations: None.

Kameraden
    I mount the horse given to me and take a good look at the men in my command. Even after the speech I feel confident of my skills, just another battle among others.
    "Men of the West, it's time to go. If it's our part in the story to fall now, why don't we take few bastards with us? If we get the Haradrim Serpent lord, we shall weaken the enemy's southern front and ease the distress facing us."

I head behind the cavalry charge towards Haradrim in the south in order to kill the Haradrim leader.

After inspecting the thirty or so light cavalry retainers you had been given, you are given command to move out by Imrahil. Who were readying his 300 or so knights. "We will be joined by some four hundreds of the city garrison cavalry" He announced to the mustering knights "This is the last chance we have to strike at the enemy before they close around us, make it count, men! Then he said other things and the company was ordered to move out in good spirits.

Being light cavalry on a mission, you were to follow in the rearguard of the ensuing cavalry charge and use the confusion to break deep into the enemy's encampment. As thus you followed to the right once the cavalry armies had left the gate, and followed the force heading towards the Haradrim armies by the harbor. The Officer leading this right flank was a Dol amroth knight named Alkinar and it was his banner you followed as you begun to gallop against the enemy, hoping the knights and the prince knew what they were doing...

Enemy preparation roll: 2.

The enemy was not prepared for a sally, and was in the middle of organizing their siege equipment.

Combat rolls:
    Right flank attack against Haradrim:

Gondorean cavalry roll: 1+1 due to surprise.
    Haradrim defensive roll: 5-1 for ill preparation and bad leadership.

Middle group attack against Mordor siege camp:

Gondorean Cavalry roll: 3+1 due to Imrahil + 1 due to surprise.
    Mordor defensive roll: 6

Left flank attack against Easterlings of Rhun

Gondorean Cavalry roll: 4 +1 due to surprise.
    Easterling defensive roll: 3+1 for discipline.

While the Gondorean Cavalry took the enemy by surprise, their defensive efforts were largely successful across the line. At the right flank the cavalry was met by a large number of fanatic infantry who, while suffering at the hands of the heavy knights, did not break and eventually the cavalry charge descended into a melee not favoring the severely outnumbered mounted troops. [Leader resolve: 6] However Alkinar was a old and stern knight and refused to give up.

At the middle flank things had gone little better, with similar results as the cavalry was not able to penetrate the half-finished trenches the Orcs had dug. What more a number of Trolls were causing further problems and they were not able to reach the Mordor siege catapults which had been the target. [Leader resolve roll: 6+1 for Imrahil] However the valiant prince of Dol Amroth characteristically refused anything but success as he led his men for another charge.

Surprisingly the left flank had done better than the other two, routing some clansmen they had managed to penetrate some distance into the Easterling camp, however the attack was being dogged down by ever increasing resistance, it still looked to be the most successful despite the Easterlings being the most stubborn enemy.

In the rear guard, you are in command. And while you are currently positioned at the right side of the battlefield near the Easterlings to survey the battle there is no clear opening for you to make your push. However the choice is yours, do you wish to strike as the situation looks now, or do you want to wait for the battle to develop further as the Cavalry go in for a second attack?

You are leading the rear guard of light cavalry in the Gondorean sally. Your orders are to find an opening to strike at one of the enemy's leaders, you can do it now or you can wait.

Current Stats:
    Inventory: Blue Glowing Necklace Quality Light armour [-2 to hits] Fast Horse, Light Lance [+1 to hit, +1 to wound on charge only -1 to hit in close melee]
    Skills: Smells like an animal.
    Relations: Bregbrog, follower. Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, Knights of Gondor, Thirty light retainer cavalry.

Lollsuck
    We attack the orcs and try to push them against a wall to get them trapped in a corner. I check the door if none of those weird things followed us.

As the rangers scuffles in and begin exchanging arrows with the orc archers, you decide to go back and lock the door. Just as you twist the lock, the door knob begin to turn fanatically, as if someone was ripping at the door with all their strength. The door does not seem to be of the most sturdy sort though.

It seems like all your remaining eight rangers made it into the door, and were now firing arrows at the orcs [3+1 for skill] killing two or three of the beasts while you were checking the door. however the enemy archers were responding in kind but [2-1 due to poor skill] had failed to make any kind of damage due to their poor weapons and the fact that the hallway prevented them from using their numbers to full effect.

However you decided that since they were mere orc archers you should attack, so you ordered your rangers to draw their swords and charge at the enemy to drive them against the wall, you in the front. [Charge roll: 6]

Your men and you launched a feral charge at the orcs, who were thrown back to the wall and door at the other side. You hit wildly with your sword [To hit: 4+1 due to good charge. To wound: 6+1 due to good charge] and you promptly killed the largest of the archer-orcs who might have been their leader. Continuing inward [To hit: 5 To wound: 1] You managed to hit a Orc, but your sword was caught in its rusty chain mail allowing it to drive its dagger at you: [3-1 for dagger] however the dagger had no hope at damaging your heavy armor and you counter-attacked [To hit: 4. To wound: 3]
    driving your sword into its leg, severely wounding it.

Ranger roll: 5+1 due to charge.
    Orc archer roll: 5

The enemy was still fighting, although they had lost roughly a third of their number to the human rangers, and only managing to wound a single ranger. Mostly due to the attention being focused on you which was in the front of the rangers.

Another orc came at you

Initiative roll:
    You: 6¨
    Orc: 4

However you easily trusted your longer sword at it [To hit: 3 To wound: 5-1 for bad hit] biting into its shoulder but not killing it. Another orc struck at you with its sword [To hit: 6 to wound 4-1 for armour + 1 for good hit] And this time it hit your neck guard with full force, [-1 Health] In anger managed to hit back [To hit 6. To wound: 6+1 for good hit] furiously slicking your sword through the orc, slicing it completely in half and also with your wild swing killing an orc to your right by cutting its windpipe.

Ranger roll: 1
    Orc archer roll: 3-1 for casualties.

More than two thirds of the Orcs now lay dead or wounded, at the cost of two rangers dead and one wounded. The rangers were beginning to feel the fatigue of fighting a numerical superior enemy, however your efforts of slaying three orcs and wounding two have evened the odds somehow.

The five last orcs and the two remaining snagas [resolve roll: 3-1 for casualties] decided to retreat back up to the upper floor through a stair behind them.

You have won the fight with the archer Orcs. Eighteen orcs lay dead at the cost of two rangers, one have had a gash in his knee but ensures you he can still fight, or at least fire a bow. The rest of the Orcs retreated upstairs. You are in the first floor, and there is a row of windows. through it you see that the Gondoreans have largely won the battle in the town square.

Current Stats:
    Health:Bad
    Inventory: Corsair Heavy Armour [-1 to damage against you] Sword, beautifully decorated eastern-looking longbow [+1 to hit] Blue Glowing Necklace
    Skills: Marksmanship
    Relations: Band of 6 Ithilien rangers.

Last edited by Påsan; November 20, 2012 at 08:32 AM.

I ed Pelargir up big time

Serpentio stopped. He looked down at his armour, then back up towards the direction from which the soldiers were coming. Then back down to himself again. Then it hit him like an electric shock. "!" he blurted, quickly rushing away into a nearby alley and around a corner, preventing him from being seen by the soldiers as they passed. No way in hell he was going to sign up to become a medieval jarhead.

[If successful]

He then crept out from the alleyway and continued up the street, deeper into the city. He wanted to buy a sash. Or some heraldry. If people thought he was nobility, he could do whatever damn well pleased him! Thoughts of living like a lord in a countryside manor with his own harem filled him with glee, and he didn't notice that he was practically skipping up the street. Or even better - what about a castle? He could have a dungeon.

I hide from the soldiers, then start to look for a tailor/cloth merchant.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

You are in a fight right outside the forge, something odd is going on.
    I fire my orcbow at the odd orc, after which I attack the female with my axe.

Vaðarholmr's Avatar Archivum Scriptorium
    Content Emeritus

I feel.. something behind the door, as it was something I needed. I hear something, something that sounds like something is hurt, only it eccos through my head. I want it.
    I lift my axe and slams it at the door, not using any finesse, only force.
    I try to shout "Open the door!" but I only manage to let out a devilish rawr.
    I continue to hit the door, only to confirm that it is a barrier.

I turn around and walk towards the other exit and the sweet smell of living blood
    Last edited by Vaðarholmr; November 23, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
    {I cook weird stuff}-{Patronised by the fearsome Chloe}
    „[...] því að með lögum skal land vort byggja en eigi með ólögum eyða.“
    (The Frosta-thing law, 1260)

Is acher in gaíth innocht,
    fu-fuasna fairggae findfolt:
    ní ágor réimm mora minn
    dond láechraid lainn ua Lothlind.

Kameraden's Avatar Campidoctor

I hold our charge for a moment, but I will attack after the next condorean charge no matter what against the Haradrim.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
    I feel.. something behind the door, as it was something I needed. I hear something, something that sounds like something is hurt, only it eccos through my head. I want it.
    I lift my axe and slams it at the door, not using any finesse, only force.
    I try to shout "Open the door!" but I only manage to let out a devilish rawr.
    I continue to hit the door.

(Question. Am I zombie like, or more like the undead in the real movie?)

You are a Zombie, you dont have anything to do with the Army of the Dead in the real story. However I would like you to clarify

The room you are in have two exits basically, one is closed and leads upstairs to the orc Archer platform, however you could try to break through with your zombie-strenght or find something creative to do. On the other end of the room it is an exit to the outside, however that doorway is wide open, howevfer at current writing time it is a bottleneck there, with your co-zombies attempting to get out, the surviving orcs trying to get in, and the gondoreans trying to kill the fleeing orcs.

Both you, Mhaedros and Lollsuck are involved in the current situation in some way or another.

Citizen

new turn tomorrow. Lyra and Lolly have yet to make their turn.

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

"Yer wns ta fat? YELL BE FATTIN ME! YOU TILLE KINKUMPOOT!!!!"

Boro kicks the 'hobbit' in the jewels.

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

I place my hand on my sword hilt, "Just a minute now! I've been hustled by enough goons from this city. Stay right where you are and tell me what you want, otherwise you'll have to come up here and taste some good 'ol Brooklyn hospitality!"

[if they back off]

I stand there grinning as they scamper away. As they turn the corner I decide to get out of this place. "This isn't my fight, and these people aren't that friendly." I quietly go into the streets, trying not to draw attention, and try to figure out how I can get out of the city."

[if they attack]

I draw my tommygun and place a nice piece of lead in the leading soldier's forehead, I then use my now useless weapon as a club and whack the goon right behind him. "To hell with you! I'm not taking any more from you people!" I draw my sword and lunge at the last soldier. I block his swing and give him a nice dent on the left side of his jaw.

I order my men to take anything in the room and use it to barricade the door, nothing can come through that door unless we can confirm they're allies. I take two men to chase the orcs up the stairs and finish them off.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

So in this new galaxy tomorrow means 72 hours?