Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Påsans amazing LOTR RTD compendium.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Påsans amazing LOTR RTD compendium.

We retreat to the city centre to regroup with the garisson, 2 rangers help their wounded brother while I cover the back. I shoot at the first corsair, aiming for his head.

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Wait, a "busty barmaid" slapped my and took away 1 from MY HEALTH?

I pull the health potion out of my pocket and decide to drink it. "Smells ing awful, but it's better than nothing..." Afterwards I go towards the walls in order to have a better look at the city's surroundings.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Serpentio strolled down the main road like a BOSS, sipping his potion. A smile on his face, he winked and grinned a sleazily toothy smile at nearby wenches. Dressed in his FREAKIN' BADASS armour, he felt like a legend. It didn't even matter that he had spent a stupendous amount to get a hold of it, by now he was practically high off the awesomeness. Man, this sure beat living like a lowlife in that squat...

I drink the potion before returning to the shop with my finds, looking to rack in some delicious profits!
    Last edited by Inkie; May 02, 2012 at 05:02 PM.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

AH finally, internetz!
    I have little time so:

I drink my health potion and run away fro the orks.

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

Poosan, where's the action?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Poosan, where's the action?!?!?!
    Somewhere other than here obviously.

Citizen

Maedros
    I decide to make my way to the city, as it seems it's the best place to be if I want to survive.
    [4]

You head towards the city, crossing the plain dead man's land and at the city wall you find an abandoned ladder and a few dead orcs. You manage to raise the ladder and climb up, where there was a heap of orcs lying about. There had evidently been a assult at the rampart but it had been defeated. Because you could not see any other bodies than mangled orcs.

From the rampart you get a good look at the environment. There was smoke and debris in the air but you could still spot the city centre where there was a massive fight going on between men and orcs. On there outside of the wall you could see the blue mist had now cowered the Mordor camp, but all the orcs in the camp were running fast towards the city. The Corsairs seems to have abandoned their camp entirely and was flocking down by the river
    . You are on the ramparts overlooking the besieged city. There is a fight in the city centre and massive movement on the outside.

Vatterholm
    As i am scared of being atacked from behind I make my way to the squard. Looking to grab a weapon (but not armor) or something usefull ( a wall to drop on them or something).
    You see a gleaming longsword lying at the edge of the battlefield not far from you, still clenched in the hand of a dead human. You sneak over there and grab it, but the dead man refused to let go! As you put more strength into wrestling with the dead man you don't spot the two Orcs running wildly at you before one of them flings himself at you from behind with a high-pitched warcry. [3-1*=2] the orc grabs at you but you manage to step aside in the very last moment and the orc goes cursing to the ground. You use the momentum to slash at the second orc which is caught unaware by your manoeuvring [1-1=0] however the slash is made off balance and the orc bashes you with its shield and you go smashing to the ground. The orc [6-2=4] jumps on top of you pinning you underneath your own shield and [4] cuts his axe into your shoulder [-1 to health] The other orc is back on his legs and moves towards you. You are on the edge of the fight in the city centre, you are fighting two orcs that attacked you and you are currently pinned to the ground with a axe in your shoulder.

Kameraden
    "Dol-Amroth you say? I've never visited the city yet I have passed through the realm on my way to Eriador, but I've heard of the Swan Knights. It would be an honor to join your ranks. I don't know about the tactics of the orcs but of the Haradrim I know almost too well, I wont be burden for you I swear."

As I take a glance towards the bar I notice a dim blue glow coming from a mans pocket, just as he's thrown into the street. I rapidly stand up, lope over the drunken on the floor and run to the door: "My prince, if you want to help me, help me catch that man!"

My heart is pounding, for this stranger might have answers.

Imrahil nodded to his knights, and with brutal efficiency and speed for such large men in armour they got up and advanced towards the door, you followed a bit behind unsure of what to do. At the door you could see the rather large and oddly-dressed man getting grabbed and pinned down by the knights. One of them punches him hard in the stomach. "Is this the man you wanted?" Imrahil asked. You are on the outside of "Queen Beruthiels Cat" and your allied Knights have captured the man you asked for.

Rarity

"It seems I have no other choice" Ennostiel replies.

I use my bow to attack the troll, hoping to evade the troll's attacks.

The cloaked man quickly shot another arrow at the Troll as it struggled to regain its footing, hitting it in the shoulder but not doing any visible damage. You aim your elven bow and fires [1] but your injuries disturb your aim and the shot flies wide. The troll have now regained its footing, and was stubbornly heading towards the two people launching sharp sticks at it. The cloaked man removed his hood and you could see he had dark hair, pale skin and grey eyes. For a moment he looked uncertain but then he spied something in the distance that gave him comfort, for he drew out a longsword and ran at the troll in a effort to keep it back and away from you. You are still wounded at the beach, the man is now engaged in hand to hand with the troll.

Lollsuck
    We retreat to the city centre to regroup with the garisson, 2 rangers help their wounded brother while I cover the back. I shoot at the first corsair, aiming for his head.

"We must go, quick" a ranger shouts, and two men aid the wounded ranger as you hurry towards the city. A noble elf as you are you cover the rear and shoot a flurry of arrows towards oncoming enemies. [2+1=3] hitting one on the groin and [4] puts him down for the count and [2+1=3] hitting another in his arm [5] severing his spear-hand. Those two casualties were enough to discourage any wild pursuit as the corsairs, ever careful about taking casualties unlike most of Sauron's creatures, realized someone in the band was deadly with a bow and skulked back to their camp.

The small band of rangers continued towards the city free of any further harassment. Suddenly, the vanguard ranger made a sign to cower, and everyone went to the ground just as, in the morning light coming around a corner of the city hundreds if not a thousands of orcs were screaming and running wildly right at you. Thy were running so fast and were covering such an area that made escape near impossible.

You decided to stay on the ground playing dead, a tactic that seldom works against orcs because of their habbit to tear and mutilate even the fallen. And this number of orcs running would surly step on some of you and alert the others that you were hiding. As the horde approached screams and howls could be heard, and then they were at you.

However you realized that these orcs were oblivious to your existence, these were not warchanting but cries of fear and utter terror. They were running in panic and stormed past your little band of rangers, several stepped on you but your plate armour saved you from harm. Then the horde was past and you could get a glimpse of what had scared the orcs as such.

There was a blue mist pursuing the orcs, but you realized this was no mist of the earth, but a harrowing sinister mist that recalled death. There were unclear shapes in there, and what looked like old banners and spears of a war-party and they were hunting the orcs. At the front of the mist stormed a band of riders, tall grey-cloaked humans on ragged horses were hunting the army in front of the mist. Astounded the band of rangers could only stay down as the riders swept past you and the blue mist followed, and then when it was past as well your band could just watch as the orcs were hunted down by riders or cast themselves madly into the anduin where no orc could swim.
    You are by the city walls. There was a mass rout by the Orcs and most of them have cast themselves into the river. The grey riders and the harrowing mist have ran past you and were now heading for the corsairs. There is still sounds of fighting fighting inside the city.

Nosjack

I pull the health potion out of my pocket and decide to drink it. "Smells ing awful, but it's better than nothing..." Afterwards I go towards the walls in order to have a better look at the city's surroundings.
    [1]

You tip off the lid of your health potion but then sudden movement erupted behind you, and you were suddenly grabbed from behind by two huge men in gleaming blue and white armours. In the sudden attack you slip your potion and it crashes to the ground and spills all over your feet. You try to struggle, but then a mailed fist hammers into your stomach [-1 health] blowing the wind out of you and leaving you helpless. You are pinned by two men in armours, there is more of them behind you.

Inkie Pie
    Serpentio strolled down the main road like a BOSS, sipping his potion. A smile on his face, he winked and grinned a sleazily toothy smile at nearby wenches. Dressed in his FREAKIN' BADASS armour, he felt like a legend. It didn't even matter that he had spent a stupendous amount to get a hold of it, by now he was practically high off the awesomeness. Man, this sure beat living like a lowlife in that squat...

I drink the potion before returning to the shop with my finds, looking to rack in some delicious profits!
    [5]

You delightfully sip the health potion that oddly enough seems to taste like your favourite whiskey, leaving you slightly intoxicated when you finished it [+3 health] You stumble on back to the store with the humongous golden lamp on the roof only to discover everything was where you left it. However there was a pompous-looking messenger waiting at your door and once you approached he unfolded a piece of paper and read "To the owner of Aladdin's Jewelry and the richest man in Minas Tirith, we would like to summon you to a meeting with the lord steward Denethor in the Citadel." He then handed you a list of passwords to all the seven gates and left. You are at your jewellery shop, you have been summoned to the Citadel to meet the lord of the city.

Lyra
    AH finally, internetz!
    I have little time so:

I drink my health potion and run away fro the orks.

~Lyra
    [6]

Before the big orc you were fighting could do or say anything, you turn on a heel and run away like only a hobbit can, leaving the battle and the fighting behind. You could however hear the orc shouting something into the air. You were running at a steady pace, but you felt increasingly uneasy and kept looking back for pursuers although there were none. Then suddenly there was a dark shadow, a animalistic roar and a pain in both your arms, then suddenly your feet lifted off the ground and you were flying! The evil flying shadow from the tower had grabbed you and were now carrying you violently to gods know where. You could do nothing to resist as its talon-like feet were holding both your upper arms in a iron grip [-1 health]

You had flown for quite a while and there was a ring of ominous black mountains to which the evil creature and its black hooded master was heading. Then suddenly there was another creature in the air, and the dark dragon-like creature that was carrying you went into a dive, but was intercepted and a fight broke out between flying giants. There was feathers mixed with leathery wings flapping and in the struggle the talons slipped your arms and you were falling down to the ground and certain death, only to have your bootstraps be grabbed at the last moment by the beak a giant eagle.

The eagle landed the sprawling and terrified hobbit on a green field in Ithilen, then it said "Calm down, little one. We were sent by the white wizard to look after hobbitkind, and thus have now be done. The black shadow will have to find a new mount and you are safe. Tell me, who are you and to where do you wish to be flown, for I am swift and can carry one such as you to the edge of the world if you so wish."
    You are on a green field in Ithilen, there is a giant eagle offering to fly you anywhere.

Rules
    When two players have actions regarding each other, two thinks have a influence. First the person that post the sooner get his action done first, and secondly the score is measured up against each other to determine who "wins" (In this example a [2] vs a [1].) The overall score still count towards the rest of the turn however.

Additionally I have updated the OP, so if you're uncertain of how your character is doing with health and equipment, check it out. If you have questions or if I'æve forgotten anything, let me know through wall message.
    Last edited by Påsan; May 10, 2012 at 08:43 AM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Yess, play time

I sneak towards the center of the city where I won't be alone. Well there I join the fight.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

"These guys don't look to friendly" I think to myself "It's no use fighting back"
    "What the hell do you guys want with me?"

I try to keep my weapons handy, although still concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post

Inkie Pie

You delightfully sip the health potion that oddly enough seems to taste like your favourite whiskey, leaving you slightly intoxicated when you finished it [+3 health] You stumble on back to the store with the humongous golden lamp on the roof only to discover everything was where you left it. However there was a pompous-looking messenger waiting at your door and once you approached he unfolded a piece of paper and read "To the owner of Aladdin's Jewelry and the richest man in Minas Tirith, we would like to summon you to a meeting with the lord steward Denethor in the Citadel." He then handed you a list of passwords to all the seven gates and left. You are at your jewellery shop, you have been summoned to the Citadel to meet the lord of the city.

Serpentio loved whiskey, and he had always been particularly gifted in the subtle art of self-indulgence. He was in a good mood, so he listened patiently to the weird little dweeb talking to him, instead of swatting him away as his instincts suggested him to. When he heard he was meeting the kingpin of this joint, he wasn't too surprised. "Damn right" he mused to himself without even a hint of irony: "About time I get what I deserve." He took some pouches of gold from the reserve just in case he saw anything else in town which suited his fancy, but while stepping out of the shop he hesitated, and got a bright idea. he walked back inside and grabbed a very nice - albeit still somewhat masculine - pendant, which he thought might come in handy as a polite gift to whoever he was going to meet. At that, he closed down the store and left, ensuring that the place was completely secure - he had known enough scum back in the real world to know how they would consider robbing a place.

I take a fair amount of gold and an expensive piece of jewellry with me, close down the store and head off towards the citadel.

Vaðarholmr's Avatar Archivum Scriptorium
    Content Emeritus

I try to stab out with my seax knife at the orc on top of me. Hoping to get him out of the way.
    (it would be weird if it was stuck as it is a knife, i have tested this)
    While i start to think of what happens when you die in Valhall.

I am not angry at all for being left out of the social group. I did not want to join anyway.
    {I cook weird stuff}-{Patronised by the fearsome Chloe}
    „[...] því að með lögum skal land vort byggja en eigi með ólögum eyða.“
    (The Frosta-thing law, 1260)

Is acher in gaíth innocht,
    fu-fuasna fairggae findfolt:
    ní ágor réimm mora minn
    dond láechraid lainn ua Lothlind.

Kameraden's Avatar Campidoctor

"That's the guy indeed, yet there's no need for such violence!" I say as I walk towards the detained person "You can let go of him, I only want to ask few questions."

"I saw you back there, at the bar. I know you are carrying a blue jewelry" I take my jewel from under my shirt, "What is this sorcery? What the hell is going on?"

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

I shoot another arrow and hide in a bush nearby.

Although curious about who the grey riders where we move towards the city centre to help our friends there.

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

Boro was relieved to be alive, and thus wanted to thank the Eagle inasmuch:
    "I than yi, fan big bird. Ada herd af yi afore, bi sum wizard anemed Landagaff an de craked one, Lilbo. But as amazin ta be ere, front a gret ral egle as yi! Y'ff gav em a gret blessin, yea, bit de nolly place anna bi is ere ma deew's gan, an sad in de grey city, or so thiy recon. Would ya bring me, fine bird, to des city?"

Boro asks te great avian to bring him to Minas Tirith.

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

Citizen

Sam.. Vimes.. ?
    Yess, play time

I sneak towards the center of the city where I won't be alone. Well there I join the fight.
    You sneak down from the ramparts of the city and continue down a empty street ending at the city centre, the fight was still raging with thousands of orcs pushing against the last of the defenders from two sides. The defenders seems to be holding barely for now but it is plain that this fight was not in their favour. In the space between you and the city centre you spot in the edge of the fight a few orcs that had broken out of the main push and were wrestling a wounded man that was lying underneath his shield, you also spot a few trolls that was wading though the mass of orcs towards the defenders. Since the two orcs was blocking the way between you and the fight you decide to help the wounded man, but you are spotted before you could get close and two more of the filthy orcs rush from the fight to help fight you off. One of them is a snaga archer and it launches an arrow your way before you could reach the orcs [2-1=1] however it flies too low and instead hits one of the orcs in the back [6], severing its spine and killing it outright. You charge the two orcs standing above the wounded man hoping to cut them apiece with your axe [1] but your attack was hindered as you stumble over the dead bodies on the ground and instead a orc thrusts his spear at you [1-1=0] which you grab and pulls it out of his hands, giving you a new opportunity to attack [5] your large dwarven axe flies through the air and [4+1=6] cuts the disarmed orc in half, you press on [1] but the orc beside him is ready for you and pushes you back with its shield. You are involved in a fight between three orcs and a snaga archer, they had a wounded man trapped and you have to fight your way through them to join up with the main battle for the city. (See Vatterholm for his part of the fight.)

Nosjack
    "These guys don't look to friendly" I think to myself "It's no use fighting back"
    "What the hell do you guys want with me?"

I try to keep my weapons handy, although still concealed.
    From behind you noticed a man approaching, you turned as much as the iron grip of the knights would allow and you saw a man clad in a dark robe with a hooded face, he was armed with a curved sword and looked fairly sinister. You noticed a few stains of blood and dirt on him. He spoke to the knights holding you captive:

"That's the guy indeed, yet there's no need for such violence! "

"You can let go of him, I only want to ask few questions."

The rough knights released your shoulders and arms and pushed you back, you were free. The dark hooded man continued:

"I saw you back there, at the bar. I know you are carrying a blue jewellery" He took a necklace out from under his cloak, it was identical to your own and shone in a bright blue light, you noticed your own was doing the same and your coat could not hide its shine.

"What is this sorcery? What the hell is going on?" the man asks you.

You are being questioned by a darkly robed man, he have a few allied knights.

Inkie Pie
    Serpentio loved whiskey, and he had always been particularly gifted in the subtle art of self-indulgence. He was in a good mood, so he listened patiently to the weird little dweeb talking to him, instead of swatting him away as his instincts suggested him to. When he heard he was meeting the kingpin of this joint, he wasn't too surprised. "Damn right" he mused to himself without even a hint of irony: "About time I get what I deserve." He took some pouches of gold from the reserve just in case he saw anything else in town which suited his fancy, but while stepping out of the shop he hesitated, and got a bright idea. he walked back inside and grabbed a very nice - albeit still somewhat masculine - pendant, which he thought might come in handy as a polite gift to whoever he was going to meet. At that, he closed down the store and left, ensuring that the place was completely secure - he had known enough scum back in the real world to know how they would consider robbing a place.

I take a fair amount of gold and an expensive piece of jewellry with me, close down the store and head off towards the citadel.

[2]

You get up towards the citadel, i was an awful long walk through many gates and each of them had a different set of guards and you had to show the password and explain what you were doing. But finally you are at the top of the city. There was a huge cliff that looked like the bow of a boat and on top of it was a fountain and a dead tree with pompous looking guards standing around it. Not to mention a fancy white palace and a huge tower. You entered the palace and was met with a dusty middle aged man on a desk writing something on a sheet of paper with a feather quill right inside the door. Except for him the marble black and white hall was as empty as the two thrones at the far edge.

The middle aged man looked at you with weary eyes under thick glasses before speaking in a raspy voice "I am the a representative of the steward of this city, the chamberlain of taxes and the treasury" He looked through a bunch of papers found under his desk before droning on "It have come to our attention that you are the new owner of Aladdin's Jewellery, and thus you owe the city no less than six hundred and sixty five pieces of gold for the transfer and a first tax of a further nine hundred and nine pieces. Additionally the Steward have insisted we charge a further half of any market surplus to raise gold for the defence of the city, which is everyone's common interest, thus you owe the city a total of three thousand nine hundred and fourteen pieces of gold to be paid as soon as you sign these papers. "

The man hands over a sheet of paper to you "If you cannot read, a mark will suffice"

You are in the white hall on top of Minas Tirith. There is a old man demanding money and there is nobody else around.

Vatterholm
    I try to stab out with my seax knife at the orc on top of me. Hoping to get him out of the way.
    (it would be weird if it was stuck as it is a knife, i have tested this)
    While i start to think of what happens when you die in Valhall.
    [4]
    You were trapped under your shield and the orc that had thrown itself on you was lying on top of it. It wrestled its axe free of your shoulder but in doing so it exposed its flank for a quick jab with your seax [6-1=5] biting into its side and [3] wounding the orc enough for you to wrestle it off you and get back on your feet. You realize that there now was more things around you, but a small female dwarf with a big axe had appeared and had slain two of the orcs, leaving only a snaga archer and the wounded orc that was attempting to regain its footing. The snaga was running out of reach, unwilling to face two enemies on its own. You are on the edge of the fight between the defenders of the city and thousands of orcs assaulting through two streets. The longsword you spotted earlier is still lying on the ground not too far away but there is still a wounded orc left out of your attackers.

Kameraden
    "That's the guy indeed, yet there's no need for such violence!" I say as I walk towards the detained person "You can let go of him, I only want to ask few questions."

"I saw you back there, at the bar. I know you are carrying a blue jewelry" I take my jewel from under my shirt, "What is this sorcery? What the hell is going on?"
    The knights released the man. Imrahil behind you looked confused but followed intently. The man got to his feet and while free he still looked tense, he was a large man and he was wearing some kind of cloak that was both a cloak and a jacket at the same time. What he had underneath there you did not know but the bright blue light out of his pockets betrayed that he had a necklace.

"What the hell do you guys want with me?" he shouted in anger.

You are questioning the man with the necklace with the knights standing ready beside you.

King Bumi
    I shoot another arrow and hide in a bush nearby.
    [2]

You try to fire another arrow at the monstrosity but a pain in your chest leaves you unable to pull the string, so you have to give it up. Being left helpless on the ground you decide to roll into a small ditch where you hoped some tall weed and grass would hide you from the raging monster. You therefore missed the fight where the troll mercilessly clobbered the man down and then bit his neck, killing him. The troll now begun to advance in your direction searching for you.. You are hiding from the troll in some tall grass, The troll have just killed your rescuer and was now searching for you

Lollsuck
    Although curious about who the grey riders where we move towards the city centre to help our friends there.
    [4]

As you and your band of rangers were moving along the city wall there was an eerie silence around you when you approached the main gate and could see the Mordor siege camp with all its equipments, catapults and fortifications completely abandoned. You saw the huge rift in the city wall and the Mordor army must all have ran into the city to escape the terrifying mist, the ones that did not manage to press in must have ran along the wall on the outside and had run right past your little band of rangers. The rift was guarded by about ten heavily armed but nervous looking orcs, they did not see you for the morning light crippled their vision and orcs hate to be out in the sun. You waved the rangers to sneak into bowshot range and you loosened an arrow on the big Uruk that was their leader and [6] hitting him square in the neck and [3+2=5] killing him instantly. The rest of the rangers loosened a volley at the orcs and four more fell by arrows before the orcs decided that fighting a hidden enemy in sunlight without a leader was not for them and they scrambled away to hide in the city.

Your rangers followed the trail of what must have been a gruesome battle through the streets of Pelagir, there was dead men, orcs and creatures everywhere but no visible enemy alive until you came to the large city centre where a massive battle raged.

The defenders were making a last stand in the middle of the centre and had made a line of spears, swords and shields that was holding the orcs back from now. There were less than a thousand defenders left fighting although their wounded were huddled behind the wall of men and were more numerous. The attackers numbered more than five times that number and they had large trolls and Uruks of Mordor fighting. You could see in the rear where you were standing there was a band of black uruks standing around a tall ferocious looking orc that must be the leader of the Mordor army. There was also a band of trolls that was wading towards the Gondoreans that would cause havoc if they manage brake the lines. There was a house in the rear of the Mordor army with a few orc archers that were launching arrows indiscriminately out over the battlefield, that house would make a nice firing platform if you could capture it and perhaps divert some pressure away from the human army. Lastly you spotted a dwarf and a northerner-looking human fighting a few orcs by the outskirts of the square
    You and your band of eight rangers are standing in the street in the rear of a Mordor army fighting humans, you have a few options to influence the fight.

Lyra
    Boro was relieved to be alive, and thus wanted to thank the Eagle inasmuch:
    "I than yi, fan big bird. Ada herd af yi afore, bi sum wizard anemed Landagaff an de craked one, Lilbo. But as amazin ta be ere, front a gret ral egle as yi! Y'ff gav em a gret blessin, yea, bit de nolly place anna bi is ere ma deew's gan, an sad in de grey city, or so thiy recon. Would ya bring me, fine bird, to des city?"

Boro asks te great avian to bring him to Minas Tirith.

~Lyra
    [5]

The great eagle let you mount him, and he took off as easy as you weighted nothing. You flew through the air and it was a dark morning with gloomy skies seemingly coming in from the evil black-looking mountains in the horizon to the east. The eagle took off from the green field and you saw that there was a great river, the eagle followed the river for a while until you came to a ruined city that was built on both sides of the river, however it looked torn and battle scarred and there was those small evil-looking black creatures everywhere, then it turned west and you saw a plain dotted with many farms, but the farms were all smoking burning and the crops were dying. There was a great wall in the middle of the plain and a gate with a fort like the one you had tried to defend. This one was guarded by men in odd garments and you could see the gates and much of the wall had been torn apart by a humongous Oliphaunt that was lying dead and broken on the ground inside of the gate.

The eagle now crossed over the wall and you saw huge armies of men and evil orcs marching over the farmlands towards the great white city in the distance. The Eagle finally landed behind a farm not far from the open gate of Minas Tirith.

"Here you are, the great city of men, little one. I was instructed by my lord to give any halflings I found this"
    The great eagle pulled out a small pouch it was carrying and lifted out a polished little blue rock with holes in it.

"It is a magical instrument, made by the dwarves of Erebor. If you ever have a need for assistance, play this and I will assist you as I can." Then the eagle took off.

You are not far from the gates of Minas Tirith, they are still open.
    Last edited by Påsan; May 12, 2012 at 05:12 PM.

Vaðarholmr's Avatar Archivum Scriptorium
    Content Emeritus

I say thank you to the dwarf and awaits its next move before moving. If it run after the orc, so will I. In the mean time i wish for my throwning axe..
    {I cook weird stuff}-{Patronised by the fearsome Chloe}
    „[...] því að með lögum skal land vort byggja en eigi með ólögum eyða.“
    (The Frosta-thing law, 1260)

Is acher in gaíth innocht,
    fu-fuasna fairggae findfolt:
    ní ágor réimm mora minn
    dond láechraid lainn ua Lothlind.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I hit the archer so he won't be able to shoot me, and then I run like hell towards a easily defended spot, peferably with near other soldiers
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

You get up towards the citadel, i was an awful long walk through many gates and each of them had a different set of guards and you had to show the password and explain what you were doing. But finally you are at the top of the city. There was a huge cliff that looked like the bow of a boat and on top of it was a fountain and a dead tree with pompous looking guards standing around it. Not to mention a fancy white palace and a huge tower. You entered the palace and was met with a dusty middle aged man on a desk writing something on a sheet of paper with a feather quill right inside the door. Except for him the marble black and white hall was as empty as the two thrones at the far edge.

The middle aged man looked at you with weary eyes under thick glasses before speaking in a raspy voice "I am the a representative of the steward of this city, the chamberlain of taxes and the treasury" He looked through a bunch of papers found under his desk before droning on "It have come to our attention that you are the new owner of Aladdin's Jewellery, and thus you owe the city no less than six hundred and sixty five pieces of gold for the transfer and a first tax of a further nine hundred and nine pieces. Additionally the Steward have insisted we charge a further half of any market surplus to raise gold for the defence of the city, which is everyone's common interest, thus you owe the city a total of three thousand nine hundred and fourteen pieces of gold to be paid as soon as you sign these papers. "

The man hands over a sheet of paper to you "If you cannot read, a mark will suffice"

You are in the white hall on top of Minas Tirith. There is a old man demanding money and there is nobody else around.
    Serpentio wasn't great at mathematics, but he felt a sharp sting when he heard the dusty nerd on the desk announcing his "debt". FOUR G's? What the ...

There had to be some way out of this. There was no chance Serps would let himself get had like some low level toe-rag.

[Use skill: Lying]

He took a few steps forward, before saying to the man "your tax on my surplus suggests that you know how much gold I possess, which is clearly, and unfortunately false: The previous owner of the store tricked me, and made off with practically all of the store's profits, which rightfully belonged to me. We had celebrated, and in doing so I purchased this here armour that you see me wearing, but then we went for drinks...The scum spiked my beverage, and when I returned to consciousness and made my way back to the store, he was long gone, with just about everything."

[Use skill: Charm]

He put on his best sincerity act, wearing the face of a righteous, dutiful man of honour (he used this one to score quite often in the real world) and approached the man further. "I understand that the defence of the city is of utmost importance, and as soon as I make some earnings I will be sure to start sending them to the citadel. There is nothing more important to me than service to the state. I hope you will understand the sincerity of my dedication through this humble offering..."

He carefully took the pendant from its pouch and, holding it as if it was the most precious, fragile object he had ever touched, he placed it on the man's desk.

"As you well know, Aladdin is always generous to his friends."

I fabricate a story in order to buy time, and offer a gift to the chamberlain.