Thread: [REQUEST] Artwork for story

Rex Anglorvm's Avatar Wrinkly Wordsmith

Default [REQUEST] Artwork for story

I hope this is the right place to post this.

A bit of a cheeky request here, but I'm in the process of writing a story (A tale of Rome, the link is below) based in the 2nd Punic war and I feel it needs just a little artwork to grab people's imagination.

What I'm after is just one classic black and white (hand drawn) image for each chapter, (there are 16 at the moment so its a big ask, I know) I'd be grateful for any volunteers, I would have a go myself, but I'm one of those people who can't draw a straight line

Thanks

RA

Default Re: [REQUEST] Artwork for story

Hi Rex Anglorvm (what a beautiful name !!!),

Just a little precision on your request ! I would be really happy to give it a try, but ,as you, i'm not this kind of guys who can draw anything he wants to... so i would like to know if you accept submission kind of different, like retouch, and other works that can be decline as 16 differents representations for each chapters.

Friendly,

Skyn0s
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Thanks Skyn0s,

Although I have an idea of sticking to a 'classic look' for the artwork, I'm more than happy to accept people's creative ideas that may be different from my own.

I'd be very grateful for any artwork that you wanted to contribute, you may want to read some of the story first to get a flavour of each chapter though

Thanks

RA

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Anglorvm View Post
    you may want to read some of the story first to get a flavour of each chapter though
    Thanks
    RA
    Of course my dear, of course !
    As the period of your story is one of my favourite, and as i'm a student on history, i will surely appreciate your work in its right value .

I will soon give you my point of view on it, and propose you some work. Don't hesitate to precise what you want, if you have an idea of a specific result.

Skyn0s
    Last edited by Skyn0s; April 11, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Thanks again for your offer of help.

I hope to be back online today and will pitch an idea for each chapter.

As I said though I'm grateful that someone has the skill to illustrate the story so I'm more than willing to listen if you have better ideas for each chapter.

Thanks

RA

Skyn0s,

I have some ideas for each chapter, although you may have better

Chapter 1 - Lucius as a boy meeting the legionary
    Chapter 2 - Marcianus inspecting his new recruits
    Chapter 3 - Lucius on the ground, plunging his blade into the giant Gaul
    Chapter 4 - Numerius telling Lucuis that he is is father in the study of the family villa
    Chapter 5 - Surgeon Apollonaris telling Andronicus to leave the room
    Chapter 6 - Marcianus being told by the optio that his new recruits have been chosen for him
    Chapter 7 - Manius killing the wife of senator Ovidius in the Gaulish village
    Chapter 8 - Marcianus telling Lucius, Quintus and Andronicus that they have been selected to carry out the executions
    Chapter 9 - Senator Ovidius being pampered in the 6th legions baths by a slave
    Chapter 10 - The executions being carried out by Lucius, Androncius and Quintus
    Chapter 11 - Erastus the druid leading his people to safety
    Chapter 12 - The 4th Century marching on the Via Flaminia towards Rome
    Chapter 13 - Aulus at work in his study
    Chapter 14 - Manugas killing Maximus
    Chapter 15 - The legionaries fighting the Rat Boys in the Subura
    Chapter 16 - Numerius, Lucius, Andronicus, Felix and Marcianus in front of the entrence to the villa welcomed by Aulus.

These are just ideas my friend, other suggestions are gratefully received! See what you think

Thanks

RA

As i have passed some exams, and have more free time, i will take my time to think about it and read it .
    After that i will give you my opinion. Seems that i will have to improve my level, looks like a challenge, i love that !

Skyn0s

Please do take your time. I know what I'm asking is an awful lot of work, but yes it is a great challenge

Reading the story will help you with some of the charactarisation that you can use in the artwork, most certainly

Banner

I don't know if you will appreciate it, but as a commitment, i have realized this little banner.
    You can put it as a signature if you want...

No obligation at all... for the rest i hold you informed my friend

Skyn0s

Skyn0s,

That is fantastic! I have put it in my signature already...

I can't wait for the rest now

Thanks RA

Rep+ my friend.

Hi Rex Anglorum,

As we have discussed with private messages, i was a little bit busy those months, but i have find the time to make a little thing for you in waiting of pictures for your story :

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

I hope you don't mind me saying this but I always prefer to have less spread on the dropshadow, to have the dropshadow closer to the text (but as I said that is personal). Also the dropshadow is on the wrong side of the text imo (it should be facing downwards rather than upwards if you get what I mean).

Other than that it looks totally awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post
    I hope you don't mind me saying this but I always prefer to have less spread on the dropshadow, to have the dropshadow closer to the text (but as I said that is personal). Also the dropshadow is on the wrong side of the text imo (it should be facing downwards rather than upwards if you get what I mean).

Other than that it looks totally awesome.
    Yeah it was, what i thought when i saw it after i posted, but i hadn't the time to correct it.
    Anyway, thank you, your point is completly founded, and i will do the correction

I must say that layer style is FANTASTIC (need to spread some rep), so the shadow is only a minor issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post
    I must say that layer style is FANTASTIC (need to spread some rep), so the shadow is only a minor issue.
    Haha thank you.
    I made the fixe that you advices to do so :

Epic stuff, though it seems a bit mistier than the first one.

I like it when it doesn't look too "crisp" though.