Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recruitable Generals

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Default Recruitable Generals

Actually just looking for a mod that makes generals recuitable, I'm finding the spawning of generals hopeless in the late game and I would like the option to recruit generals in regions with blacksmiths so they can have nice shinny weapons and armor.

Basically my goal is to allow the recruitment of generals at the Army War College with a limit of 12 (so the Ai doesn't go to wild) hopefully since this is the top tier of the barracks it shouldn't be too much of a problem Ai wise.

Edit: Ok so here is my first version that allows you to recruit generals at the war college. I may add limits later I just wanted to get a working version going.

Installation:
    To install just drop the pack in your data folder to uninstall just delete it.

1.0 Details:
    Mod only adds a new line to the building_units_allowed table and should be compatible with any mod even if it mods this file.

1.1 Details: (newest version)
    This version adds a cap to the amount of generals that can be recruited and also adds the ability to recruit generals with the hatamoto bodyguard at the legendary dojo.
    Last edited by Kinjo; April 13, 2012 at 06:08 PM.

Default Re: Recruitable Generals

Brilliant
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Does this actually spawn a general or just his bodyguard unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo11 View Post
    i would like to know this as well. But any chance you could make a version for Sengoku or ROTS?

P.S. i think 12 is to high mabey like 4 or 5 so it can be more an emergency measure when the player losses alot of the clans family but great job on your mod was wondering if this was even possible

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo11 View Post
    When you recruit the bodyguard unit it comes with a general just as one spawned for you. The nice thing about this feature is you can recruit generals until you get one you like.

Quote Originally Posted by rasassfrass View Post
    i would like to know this as well. But any chance you could make a version for Sengoku or ROTS?

P.S. i think 12 is to high mabey like 4 or 5 so it can be more an emergency measure when the player losses alot of the clans family but great job on your mod was wondering if this was even possible
    The reason I went with 12 is that is the amount of generals that can be added to the family panel without a scroll bar, you can always limit yourself to less. For me I like to use generals in fleets as well and its easy to use 12 generals in the late campaign.

BTW I will be posting a new version that allows you to recruit generals with the hatamoto bodyguard at the legendary dojo as well.

Cheers for the reply Kinjo, great mod in that case! Lack of Generals is frustrating

MaskedWaltz's Avatar Tiro

Awesome mod, though I would also like to know if you plan on making a version for the Sengoku Jidai campaign?

Well I've found a bit of a problem, the AI seems to love to spam these guys however it is only in one of my playthroughs so it could be a one off thing

Hello , I see there's quite a demand to recruit generals in Sengoku Campaign...so I took the liberty to play around with PMF and here you go a mini mod that allow to recruit up to 12 generals in the Sengoku Campaign...the credit goes to Kinjo of course for starting the whole recruiting idea

Didn't test it yet...I just made sure I can recruit them in SC. from a Legendary Sword Dojo...and it worked well

is it possible to recrute western generals?

this mod can work in Fall of Samurai , or not ?

MaskedWaltz's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger tank View Post
    this mod can work in Fall of Samurai , or not ?
    It works.

The mod for the Sengoku campaign is strange. In one campaign, the generals I were recruiting got all buffs from the province buildings. In the campaign I'm playing now, they're only getting the minor charge bonus from the Legendary Sword school, as well as the minor morale boost from the Legendary Spear school. They're not getting the bonuses from any Encampment chain building (previously I used Jujutsu), or the Blacksmith chain (previously used Weaponsmith). Anything I'm missing here?

very good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Xpace View Post
    The mod for the Sengoku campaign is strange. In one campaign, the generals I were recruiting got all buffs from the province buildings. In the campaign I'm playing now, they're only getting the minor charge bonus from the Legendary Sword school, as well as the minor morale boost from the Legendary Spear school. They're not getting the bonuses from any Encampment chain building (previously I used Jujutsu), or the Blacksmith chain (previously used Weaponsmith). Anything I'm missing here?
    Not near my own computer at the moment, but I'll asume it is because of the way some of the buildings work. A building that gives +to all units, will work with - indeed - any unit, whereas the buildings that specify +to samurai or +to ashigaru won't work unless the new generals are properly categorized as samurai.

It is an issue that has given me quite some headache when modifying building effect as well as when introducing new units. Should be fixable though.

so this mod only works on FoTS and not the original shogun 2 campaing?

Quote Originally Posted by AKDeath View Post
    so this mod only works on FoTS and not the original shogun 2 campaing?

The ninth post down has an attachment for regular S2.

as with many versions of mods, this one doesn't work on my game crashes before the shogun 2 screen. could you please send me what tables you editted on PFM so that i may try do it from my working data? (sengoku era download)

raffychan's Avatar Libertus

So will this mod actually recruit those general who work for the clan in the history book?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast