Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [FoTS] NOIF's Modern Japan Army Uniform Mod: Realistic Levy Infantry UPDATED 4.8.2012!

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Noif's Imperial + Tosa Hats Mod Updated!

Quote Originally Posted by libindi View Post
    Noir,do you have any more plan for this awesome hat mod?maybe add a star symble on the tosa hat?
    I ain't sure, but I can look it someday

Noif,
    I have recently downloaded your superb mod, and am enjoying it thoroughly.
    However if I could make a request, all be it of the topic of hats ;
    I have recently noticed that the leg section of the artillery crew (Armstrong Gun, Parrot Gun and Gatling Gun) is in a more traditional style than the rest of the uniform. (it appears to be like the Levy Infantry)
    Could you perhaps change the leg section to that of the Imperial Infantry, as I believe that it would suit the rest of the uniform better.
    Many Thanks

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by xoGIORGIOox View Post
    Noif,
    I have recently downloaded your superb mod, and am enjoying it thoroughly.
    However if I could make a request, all be it of the topic of hats ;
    I have recently noticed that the leg section of the artillery crew (Armstrong Gun, Parrot Gun and Gatling Gun) is in a more traditional style than the rest of the uniform. (it appears to be like the Levy Infantry)
    Could you perhaps change the leg section to that of the Imperial Infantry, as I believe that it would suit the rest of the uniform better.
    Many Thanks
    Good idea, I can check it during Friday. I may also release hat mod for some cavalry units like sabre cavalry one.
    Happy to hear you like it.
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; April 12, 2012 at 06:10 PM.

Content Emeritus

Default Re: Noif's Imperial + Tosa Hats and Trouses Mod Updated!

Noif Imperial/Tosa hats+trouses UPDATED
    - Replaced on traditional trouses on modern trouses for Artillery crews and cavalry (Check new pictures)
    - Released Imperial and Tosa hats for Sabre and revolver cavalry. (check new pictures)

Noif, could you point me towards a good tutorial on how to edit uniforms. (I've been searching for awhile no but I can't find any.)

Great mod btw, will be using for a long time.

Nice update!

Thank you for this update.

http://wabcorner.blogspot.com/2010/0...-infantry.html I found a good example of japanese army hat,in case one day you want to improve the tosa hat.
    Last edited by libindi; April 14, 2012 at 04:51 PM.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by libindi View Post
    http://wabcorner.blogspot.com/2010/0...-infantry.html I found a good example of japanese army hat,in case one day you want to improve the tosa hat.
    It is nice get this star to tosa hat, but will see went i have get far in retexture editing.

Default Re: Noif's Modern Japan army uniform Mod Updated!

Hi Noif,

So, you made the kepi hat and Tosa hat mod for all infantry. Can you also make a "Shogunate Infantry's" hat mod for all other infantry too? the Shogunate infantry's hat looks similar to the line infantry hat, but it is a little bit different. Please allow me to explain, it has a smoother and glossier finish compared to the line infantry hat, and I think it would fit the line infantry perfectly because the in game portrait portrays something similar.

Only a mod for the line infantry hat is good enough because I don't pay much attention to the hats of the artillery crew and the cavalry regiments.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    Hi Noif,

So, you made the kepi hat and Tosa hat mod for all infantry. Can you also make a "Shogunate Infantry's" hat mod for all other infantry too? the Shogunate infantry's hat looks similar to the line infantry hat, but it is a little bit different. Please allow me to explain, it has a smoother and glossier finish compared to the line infantry hat, and I think it would fit the line infantry perfectly because the in game portrait portrays something similar.
    I can try that idea today. It is not big deal for me. Beside that I have got one and few ideas too, what I need try too.

Thats awesome, Noif! Im anxious to hear news from you!

Content Emeritus

Next update for Modern Japan army mod:
    - New choice: Long sleeves jackets for Artillery, Some infantry units and cavalry
    - Shogunate hats for infantry + Artillery (for shogunate friends and others, who like use it)
    - Black tortoise infantry: Remove ugly long clown trouses and bring modern army trouses for them.
    - Katana and Yari Kashi: Remove ugly long clown trouses and replace on another trouses model (should looks similar like Shogun 2 katana samurai)
    - Fixing some sharpshooters units uniforms, that they should looks better.

Here is picture how it should be:

Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; April 17, 2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: added picture

Wow! I cant wait for the release!

Wow,nice!

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

RADIOUS MODS/DSII + NACC & MODERN JAPAN ARMY

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Hi
    I really like your mod.

Do you know if it's possible to mod flags so that pro imperial clans can carry this flag:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I think it would look so cool with these uniforms!
    I know it's not fully historical since it was first used around 1870.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Japanese_flags

Satsuma Rebellion 1877

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandels View Post
    Hi
    I really like your mod.

Do you know if it's possible to mod flags so that pro imperial clans can carry this flag:

I think it would look so cool with these uniforms!
    I know it's not fully historical since it was first used around 1870.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Japanese_flags

Satsuma Rebellion 1877
    Flag is possible to make, but I haven't get far in my research and modding how add that flag to banners and icon.

Historical uniforms: I have got message about it and have got some documents their uniforms and colors. Only problem, what I have seen. People don't like if factions uniforms looks same (or someone like that but not that one). One picture showed for me, where Choshu and Satsuma had really similar uniforms and colors. Also I don't have enough documents for other factions. What I have seen are only Satsuma, Choshu, Shogunate Tokugawa and few Tosa pictures, so searching those missing documents is hardest part. This Boshin war is not been biggest war so it lack documents about each factions and it not help me if pictures are black and whites.

Also my NACC is almost in half way until I have enough documents and materials for historical uniforms. Bad news is it, that I have got a job for summer so my project will slow down.
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; April 18, 2012 at 10:15 AM.

Content Emeritus

Default Re: Noif's Modern Japan army uniform Mod: Jacket+Jingasa+fix Update!

Next update for Modern Japan army mod:
    - New choice: Long sleeves jackets for Artillery, Some infantry units and cavalry
    - Shogunate hats for infantry + Artillery (for shogunate friends and others, who like use it)
    - Black tortoise infantry: Remove ugly long clown trouses and bring modern army trouses for them.
    - Katana and Yari Kashi: Remove ugly long clown trouses and replace on another trouses model (should looks similar like Shogun 2 katana samurai)
    - Fixing some sharpshooters units uniforms, that they should looks better.

Here is picture how it should be:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New update is released now!

There is Imperial, Tosa and Jingasa version with jacket and without jacket for line infantry, artillerycrew and Saber+Revolver cavalry! Also extra fixes for Katana - and Yari Kachi (changed trouses), Black tortoise force (changed trouses), Kihetai+Yugekitai (Trouses, jackets and hats). Enjoy updated mod! Some pictures will come tomorrow.

Default Re: Noif's Modern Japan army uniform Mod: Jacket+Jingasa+fix Update!

Awesome! I will try once i get off work. So, Jingasa = shogunate hat right?