Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Official TWC Space Marines Chapter. Links to Space Marines Army Painters in the first post! + Updated List of Names + link to Galaxy Map. The First Round of the Poll, will close on May 23!!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Proposal: Official TWC Space Marines Chapter? Links to Space Marines Army Painters in the first post! + Updated List of Names

I came up with a thought: when you find a good scheme that might be the definitive one, remember and write down the numbers corresponding to the different colors!....If not it would be quite difficoult to find the right colors again. .........

Default Re: Proposal: Official TWC Space Marines Chapter? Links to Space Marines Army Painters in the first post! + Updated List of Names

Quote Originally Posted by Pantsalot View Post
    Indeed it's quite different, though indeed what's with Purple
    always coming up?
    Purple used to be a very expensive colour back in the days of the Ancient Greeks/Roman empire. It was only worn by the elite and most prestigious people at the time. It's a reference to the past meant to reflect the status of the SM chapter.

florin87's Avatar Campidoctor

actually it was only worn by the emperor, as it was the imperial color. the other big shots wore dark red and white togas.

Basarabia is Romanian!

Tyrian purple was reserved in ancient times for the elite (= upper class/the very wealthy), and not just the emperor. Or at least, that's what my professor in Mediterranean Archaeology told me. Anyway, moar paint schemes, please.

Godfrey asks and Godfrey gets! Here my try with Total Warriors Legion (but it might be well suited also for the Thunder Wolves!) : yes I love the ancient scheme of the Greatest among all, sadly They became the worse enemies of human race but in Them there was Honour and Glory!

WE NEED NAMES AND SCHEMES!!!! COM'ON GUYS!!!!
    IN THE NAME OF THE GOD EMPEROR!!!!!!

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Here's my scheme:

Bastards of Darkness

Fluff: They like to chop things into little pieces and are never around to support the other Chapters.
    Mostly referred to as 'those bastards' or ' back-stabbing a-holes' by the other more zealous troops
    Nothing is known about them except the fact that they like to crack nonsensical one-liner jokes during combat
    Examples:

WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Flagship: Diversity of Despair

Battle cry: 'Give 'em pain!'
    Last edited by Lord of the Drunk Penguin; April 16, 2012 at 02:35 AM.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

thats about as close as i can get to the character i play with in the game space marine.

based on the colours of my old eve online corp (Forsaken Empire).
    Last edited by Carach; April 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM.

Lord Carach, please the image is down, try to charge the image somwhere and then charge it here again!!!

Pleeeease Mylord! We need Your scheme, in the name of the Golden Throne of Terra, in the Holy Name of the God Emperor,...please charge again your image!!!!

Drunk Penguin, I find the scheme very, very good!!! also the idea of a self thinking chapter might be good! But beware the heresy!!! Your chapter or legion is very close to the border.......

Last edited by Mikemanvick; April 16, 2012 at 09:45 AM.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Proposal: Official TWC Space Marines Chapter? Links to Space Marines Army Painters in the first post! + Updated List of Names + link to Galaxy Map

me being an internet retard...should be fixed now

Default Re: Proposal: Official TWC Space Marines Chapter? Links to Space Marines Army Painters in the first post! + Updated List of Names + link to Galaxy Map

Thanks, Thanks,... and again thank you very much My Lord Carach!!! Spectacular scheme!!

More schemes and Namaes Brothers!!! The Emperor is waiting for us!!!!

P.S.: Someone has some idea about when the number of names could be considered sufficient?....

How many paintings do we need?

Sorry but I asked first!

florin87's Avatar Campidoctor

@tyspolir well approximately a bunch of them, give or take.

as for the names: i say leave the window open until the end of the week just in case someone comes up with something awesome, after that no more entries. i think we already have enough, afterall we still need to make a poll.
    Last edited by florin87; April 16, 2012 at 03:25 PM.

Basarabia is Romanian!

OK for me! if someone has other ideas or names or schemes..............tomorrow this will become the final word/decision/holy law!

So... when we got ALL the names, what do we do then?
    Fight?
    Test each chapter's fighting capabilities and the like.

Pantsalot's Avatar Senator

I'm rather liking of those schemes though the name is bleh, no offense
    Probably could just swap it out for one of the other suggested names easily
    enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Drunk Penguin View Post
    So... when we got ALL the names, what do we do then?
    Fight?
    Test each chapter's fighting capabilities and the like.

My Lord, your suggestions are always interesting,....a good fight with Bolters and Chainswords would be the best way!!!..........But,.....But,....sadly it is very difficult to organize such a match!!!

So the way will be the old instrument: simply a poll, all the names in a good, old poll!....it is a less funn method, but more practical,........I suppose......

Well, I have to say my squad gets bonus points for being jerks

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast