Thread: IOM Vs GE aka Oh god dont Ban me

Default IOM Vs GE aka Oh god dont Ban me

Hey all, please don't murder me I know the last two threads on this have been a Trollfest, I want to present a reasonable argument on how things would go down.

I repeat This is to be a rational Unbiased explanation after Studying the various Wiki's and novels of how things would go down If the IOM and GE came face to face, please don't strangle me !

the Setting & ground rules

Ok so the IOM and GE's galaxy's are for some reason right next to each other and close enough to travel between , All threat's to the GE and IOM (i.e Rebel''s,tyranids, Orkz ) are in their current state.
    As the warp and the force are universally spread It would be implied that they are present in both galaxies (e.g Jedi and psykers work after they have flown into the other galaxy ).

To get around two Major Gotcha's in crossing into another Galaxy lets say that the GE miraculously is able to rapidly make hyperdrive charts for IOM's galaxy and the IOM is able to extend the visibility of the astronomicon into the GE's galaxy.

Ok sound fair enough ? ??

IOM units Vs GE's

Astarte's Vs Jedi : In one on one close Close range (within 100m) combat I think you could flip a coin both have their strengths and are formidable opponents, Plasteel would compare to the Blast doors in SW Ep 1 i.e can't be sliced like butter but can be peirced, it would be down to the individual and even then both sides are capable of a lucky shot.
    However on a battlefield with a company of Astarte's Vs 100 Jedi lead by a Jedi master the Jedi would lose. Astarte's are soldiers, Jedi are Duelist's and closer to an inquisitor in nature.

Stormtroopers Vs Imp Guard : Irl troopers would surely have better aim, I'll give them that , and it appears to be agreed that a blaster has the same power as a lasgun the victory goes to the guard here.
    Simply put they are alot better organised and their skillset and armory is far more diverse.

Fleet warfare

In all of the Pro GE thread's I have read posters seem to stick to the fact that the GE can do hit and run tactic's and outmaneuver the IOM, the biggest flaw in this argument is that from reading SW and WH40k Wiki's I do not see how a GE ship ( even a SSD ) could slightly dent an IOM frigate.. the IOM's ships are too well built to be harmed by turbolaser's ( compare it to trying to crush a steel box with your boot ), an emperor class could withstand a direct hit from a superlaser and continue fighting, I couldnt say the same for an SSD Vs nova Cannon.

The War

Ok so IF the GE played to their strong hand and adapted hit and run tactic's on key manufacturing and Agriworlds they would pose a large enough to receive a response from the IOM who in turn would send a crusade sized fleet to the GE's galaxy, put short a fully equipped invasion fleet would encounter few losses in the GE's universe and cut a clear path through the GE towards coruscant, the only thing that could make them retreat is if the GE's hit and run tactic's had destabilized the IOM sufficiently.

A common argument is the GE could jump into the Sol system and destroy terra + the emperor, this would NOT happen, even with a full mobilization of the GE's military might it would be water on rock's.
    Terra is the IOM's Achilles heel and they know it.... its defenses i.e the Terran fleet, the bucephalus, the phalanx, the Void sheilds and platforms around terra and ofcourse the mechanicum forces on mars, 9 primarch's and their fleets + soldiers ( We are talking Billions of troops ) barely made planetfall on Terra and that was after Horus had weakened the support network's, re-enforcements and defenses by covert means ( mars was also in a civil war of its own )

The outcome

Given the above I see four possible outcomes of the war between the IOM and GE

1\ the GE make a strategic mistake in the opening stages and engage in traditional combat with the IOM, the IOM wipes them out and proceeds to conquer the GE in the name of mankind, they assimilate humans in the GE into their culture however Droids and Xenoss would have to be exterminated ( Sorry Jar Jar )
    2\the IOM's invasion crusade obliterates the GE before they are able to do enough damage to the IOM's galaxy to cripple them.
    3\ the GE offer a ceasefire after they start being affected by Chao's, Ork spores, Genestealer outbreaks and ask's the imperium for a hand, the IOM agrees but similar to point 1 Xenoss and Droids have to go (Jar Jar Dies again)
    4\ The GE wins ( sortof, but not really ) the IOM conquers the GE however it is a Pyrrhic victory.
    the damage inflicted by the hit and run destruction of the GE's FTL hyperdrive powered ships has destabilized the IOM by taking out its Agriworld's and supply lines to its frontier's, the IOM succumb's to the Orkz/Tyranids/Chaos as it is simply overwhelmed ( to be fair if the storyline dosen't advance in wh40k this would happen anyway )

Pheww ok I have tried to be fair and put alot of research into this, Mod's please dont Ban me I will be hiding in my flame suit over in the corner.

Also, there is alot more I could say but this post is long enough, I will be happy to give sources and explain how I came to these conclusions in further post's

Thoughts ?

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Default Re: IOM Vs GE aka Oh god dont Ban me

This thread is doomed to cause problem, distruptive posting which will lead to warnings, forumbans and so on.
    So I'm closing this before it gets out of hand