Thread: Pack voice in idx

Default Pack voice in idx

I do not arrive to unpack voice in idx to make some change.
    I use Vercingetorix tool.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Pack voice in idx

What do you mean with "I do not arrive"?
    That you can not unpack voices?

Right click on extract_sounds and open it with a Notepad program (I use Notepad++, get it for free on the web unless you got it, gold for any modder)
    If you want to only unpack voices and sound (not music) then make sure it look like this: .\xidx.exe -x voice sfx
    As noted in red the difference from the default version is that there should be no voice1 voice2 voice3-stuff

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I want to say to pack voice. I can unpack them, but when I've finished my work, i do not arrive to make an idx file.

Mhm, when you restart the game no new .dat and .idx files are created you mean?
    Did you remove the vanilla .dat and .idx from the sounds-folder before you restart the game?

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

It is faor a mod. Wherte do i have to replace them. I place them in the mod/data/sounds folder under the name "voice"

the mods vanilla .dat's and .idx's has to be removed from mod/data/sounds so that the game recreate new ones with your changes next time you start the game.

In your case it should be events.dat/idx, Voice.dat/idx and SFX.dat/idx

If they do not recreate properly then you have to make sure you have all 39 related txt-files in the mod/data-folder

In case you have done all this but still have problems, then you'll have to describe whats the problem again and clearly because then I do not get whats the issue proper hehe
    Last edited by Ngugi; April 10, 2012 at 01:07 PM.

Pbl solve. thanks Nuigi.

Another question, do you have a name for a good converter from mp3 to wma?

Pbl solve. thanks Nuigi.

Another question, do you have a name for a good converter from mp3 to wma?

Glad it worked out

I use Audacity. Its free and handy for much, among other things conversion
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    the mods vanilla .dat's and .idx's has to be removed from mod/data/sounds so that the game recreate new ones with your changes next time you start the game.

In your case it should be events.dat/idx, Voice.dat/idx and SFX.dat/idx

If they do not recreate properly then you have to make sure you have all 39 related txt-files in the mod/data-folder

In case you have done all this but still have problems, then you'll have to describe whats the problem again and clearly because then I do not get whats the issue proper hehe
    I have all the 39 files in my Warcraft/Data-folder but still whenever i try to recreate the events-files i loose the voices and sfx-sound.

I did also extract the voice 1, 2 and 3 plus the SFX and then place them outside of the extra data/sounds-folder in the same folder where the music is.

- The files do recreate, but the voice-file and sfx-file is only at 1kb in size. No sound in the mod in the menu when clicking, on the strat-map when clicking on units or in battle from units, however the music works fine. Problem is i want the music, but i also want the other sound - and it disappears.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 04, 2018 at 04:33 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal