Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun v3.8-3.9 Feedback

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun v3.8-3.9 Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Goodric View Post
    The only issues with the battle AI im having is that he is charging in horses straight into my gun units. An effective tactic on my gun levies but no so much with better units.

Melee units are charging in against me properly, and gun units are forming up correctly to shoot me.
    This really isnt anything new with 3.9, I can not confirm if the BAI does this in vanilla, but I started playing FoTS with 3.4 and it is pretty common for them to do this on normal. I do not see the general charge as much with Hard difficulty, but when they do the charge they seem to do it when all my melee is tied up, which is a very smart move.

I know a General vs line/levy infantry, if the general can charge without taking any fire once they are in melee the general will win every time with minimal deaths, so in theory the charge is a solid move, they just shouldn't do it until the timing is better and I cant just charge my Yari into the general unit...

Just two things to say :

First one is a bad one, this week end during a siege, opponent forces stayed stuck on the wood wall of the outer defense. My bastion was composed of several wood walls.

Second one is a suggestion. I think that the assaulter should sustain losses during a siege and that may be more during winter. We would consider before invading an ennemy territory with snow beyond our knees !

Great work Darth, I never played a vanilla game from MTW2, because of you !

Lito's Avatar Civis

I think increasing the attrition in campaign map when ships drive in high seas would be a good idea. Otherwise I see one bow kobaya trolling a big army trough high sea however I have blocked all lower part. They just freaking drive around and invade me somewhere.
    Last edited by Lito; April 17, 2012 at 03:35 AM.

I don't like the idea of sustained losses during a siege per se, but good idea with more casualties during winter when besieging IMO.

Projectile Boost ON causes an immediate desync 100% of the time during multiplayer battles (as soon as projectiles start firing) vanilla campaign. Settings used are 1.0X unit size standard and projectile boost on.

I played 3 BAI fights with the 3.9 update 2 beta patch and the issues that I was previously having with the 3.9 and 3.9 update 1 beta patch seem to be resolved. These BAI were played on Hard difficulty.

I played a single Shogun 2 match, melee units engaged like I was used to.

I also played two FOTS matches, both matches melee and ranged units behaved similarly to pre-3.9 BAI. Melee engages properly instead of standing around in formation not attacking.
    Both of the matches the AI was the attacker and I was the defender. The BAI attacked me properly unlike previously where I could let the timer run out while being a defender.

I plan on starting a new FOTS campaign tomorrow and should be seeing a lot more fights. I will report back with any findings.

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

I don't need the 3.4 with the 3.9 pack zip?

"Great work Darth, I never played a vanilla game from MTW2, because of you !"

Same as you
    Last edited by Brips; April 17, 2012 at 04:39 AM.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Quote Originally Posted by Brips View Post
    I don't need the 3.4 with the 3.9 pack zip?

"Great work Darth, I never played a vanilla game from MTW2, because of you !"

Same as you
    You do need 3.4 as the base installation, and then just replace the .pack from the latest 3.9 beta update.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Using 3.9: the bowmen have gun sound effects

Lito's Avatar Civis

I tried the mangonels, guess you, Darth changed them because of my rage, sorry about that.

Well to be fair I didn't see much of a improvement. First hits landed right in enemies bow units, they lost most of them, thus that guy got about 200 kills, but the other mangonel about 100 kills and for the rest of my match when I charged the castle they just killed my units nothing else. Aced all 250 of my men climbing the wall, so yeah.

I dont know what you changed but I didnt feel much of a difference except maybe hitting the wall more accurately. Still the enemy yari just trolled around the castle changing position every second so they couldnt hit + they have like too much stamina and they had enough strenght to kill all my forces.

When using mangonel do you attack the units or attack the ground? I dont trust any TW siege engine to ever place a shot itself so it always attack the ground where i think the bad guys will be. So for a castle its usually just a matter of splitting the castle into segments and assigning one mangonel unit to each segment, set them to fire and then sit back while the corpses stack up. Then once out of ammo, THEN send your men in. Dont complain that you are killing your own men when you send them into the firing line because you know your arty crews just love to troll you.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic