Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Faction, and why?

Default Favorite Faction, and why?

The title says it all.

Right now, I think my favorite faction is The Seleucids. I made an Alliance with every faction with a landroute to me, as far as Scythia and Carthage. And now everyone, except Parthia, has turned on me. I made the move to withdraw from everything East of Ectbana, Susa, and Charax. Keeping Merv alone, just so I could have a diplomatic embassy in The East. I did this to give room for Parthia and Bactria to expand, and spread their wings. And now Parthia shares a border with me, and has gotten quite a bit of land. I like being assaulted on all sides, and still just barely scraping by.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Default Re: Favorite Faction, and why?

Well, so far I have only played with Roma and Carthage, but my most exciting game was with Rome (though I'm just in the beginning of my Carthaginian campaign). I don't know, maybe it's the wars on multiple fronts, the devestation caused by the Epirots in the beginning of my campaign..........ah...........good times.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

.Socrates's Avatar I Love You

Probably the Greeks, with the Seleucids in second.

I just like beating the Makedonians to a pulp and getting really rich afterwards.
    Originally under the patronage of RZZZA. Under the patronage of the Black Prince, in the Royal House of the Black Prince.

^updated 6/28/10 (Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life)

The Ma"k"edonian phalanx-using factions are quite fun to use though. Ever had a Phalanx line assaulted by mass unts of Sparabara? So fun to watch...

HMMcKamikaze's Avatar Semisalis

The greeks, they have the most interesting spot on the whole campaign map, and the best place for territorail expansion. And i just love those spartans. :wink:

.Socrates's Avatar I Love You

Quote Originally Posted by Revan The Great
    The Ma"k"edonian phalanx-using factions are quite fun to use though. Ever had a Phalanx line assaulted by mass unts of Sparabara? So fun to watch...
    I haven't seen that, I've only had warband after warband charge my pikes. Just a giant line of green and white.(Gauls.)
    Originally under the patronage of RZZZA. Under the patronage of the Black Prince, in the Royal House of the Black Prince.

^updated 6/28/10 (Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life)

Hader's Avatar If you have nothing to hide, the Inquisition will give you something to fear
    Artifex Gaming Director

Right now I have only played a Roman campaign, and I am doing great with it, check my AAR. But I do really like Armenia, they are my favorite, Rome aside. Next is Numidia. I just get a real thrill when playing as any of these guys.

Sparabara are more fun though, because you feel like Alexander owning the Perisans.

I do wish The Greeks had Corinth though, they're starting cities seem so short-changed to me.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Well they do get Rhodes so money should not be a problem given the boost to trade income the colossus gives.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

love most factions with devastating pikemen ive currently got a ptolemaios campaign going and love them basilkon agema(royal guard) and royal pikemen, but anyone noticed that long speared pikes are less dominating against generals/heavy cav in te5.0 than vanilla? oh and hmmm not sure about armoured hops and spartans losing phalanx/long pikes, i thought that made the greeks a little less powerful....germans are best barbarian faction still id say, beserkers,spear warband,night raiders,gothic cav,chosen axemen and chosen archers make pretty tough barbarian resistance. hmm love some of lusted new units tho, heavy clan spears are good, as are clanwarriors, iranian infantry look useful too....and all the re-skins are excellent.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

The greeks lost the long pikes as they now use the overhand spear animation, which just looks so cool and doesn't look right with the long pikes.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

ah ok, tho it would have been good if you did armoured hops with phalanx style (say call them armoured pikes) and with the overhand style as they are now, as i gotta say im a bit of a geek for phalanx style hops/pikes,spose i could add this in myself, transfer it from vanilla armoured hops, but dunno if it'd work

Thrace is one of my favorites. Good combination of civilized and barbarian units + them Dii Warriors are great!
    Epirus also does the trick, I really enjoy the sight of my elephants ploughing right trough some barbarian lines.
    Tomacco!!!

Legionary Jezza's Avatar Praefectus

Carthage they have good spearman (Sacred Band) and got swordsman iberia something. And might elephants.

The Iberians aren't that great. They're pretty much just the Carthage equivalent of Sparabara, and are pretty crapy light infantry.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Yay and that isn't quite realistic .. The Iberians where awesome fighters IRL.
    Last edited by Holger Danske; June 18, 2006 at 05:33 AM.

My favorite factions are Rome and Macedon I guess i kinda like the eastern faction to. The iberians seem like a challenge to me so i like fighting them. The greeks were hard in the beginning but later on i conquered all of greece

i like the germans the most ... i think ... coz the troops r so damn cool, bst warbands , bersekers , gothic cavs ... not to mention kick ass missile units ... so @ the begining just take over the ill defended teritories near by , then head for rome ... then the real fun begins

Crivvens's Avatar Foederatus

I love the Greeks (Spartans after all). I just love the Hoplites fighting like Hoplites should. I'd put Carthage a close second however. I always find both factions interesting to play as you get to fight a variety of different enemies without expanding to much, nice to tangle with Legions, Phalax and barbarian hordes at the same time on seperate fronts.

Epirus.
    Nice starting position and units, had much fun in campaign with those guys
    Kill a few men and you're a murderer,
    kill a million and you're a conquerer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast