Thread: Installation?

Default Installation?

I have two Questions:
    1.In which folder must I install the mod?
    2.Is this mod modfoldered?

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

Default Re: Installation?

Yes, it is. The installer will put it where it needs to go, don't worry about that.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

Hello,

I am having trouble with the installation of Rule Britannia 1.7

I run the installer normal and as administrator with the same result

I have Medieval 2 Total War and the Kingdoms expansion via steam. Steam installs the local files in the following path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War

When the installer begins the installation process, it wants to put the files in the following path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Mods

I have installed Rule Britannia a hundred times in different folders, for example; Mods, Britannia, Medieval II Total War and the SEGA folder that the installer creates. None result in the game launching.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated, I really look forward to playing this Mod to experience the way the game should have been all along.

Cheers,

I don't use Steam so I'm not really familiar with how it works, but you should be able to change the path of the installer when you run it so that it installs into the correct location. This should be in the location you installed M2TW in.

Thanks for the advice, I will give it another try. I am hoping the issue is only a matter of where I install the "Rule Britannia" folders.

So you are saying the "Rule Britannia" folder should exist in the same folder which contains the "Medieval II Total War" folder? Not in the "Medieval II Total War" folder itself?

Thanks again, all help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

No, it should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\Mods

Hello again,

So, I installed the folder into the file path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\Mods" as instructed. When I attempt to run the Britannia campaign, the normal Britannia campaign loads, not the Rule Britannia campaign mod. If I attempt to launch the standard Medieval II Total War game, it starts to load and then I receive the error message: "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

Any further help you can offer would be music to my ears.

Cheers,

I'm not really familiar with how Steam sorts this out, so check this thread as it has a helpful guide for installing mods with Steam that should be of some use.

Thanks heaps,

You have answered my prayers. As soon as I used the "Launcher Mod List Editor" which you directed me to, I was able to successfully launch Rule Britannia, hallelujah. :o))

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Good to hear, I hope you enjoy the mod .

I have MTW II on steam. For me the install.exe doesnt give me the opportunity to choose directory for the installment. It just says it can't find a valid folder. I tried copy the Medieval II Total War folder from Steamapps to C:program(x86) and also tried just create folders with the right name. Nothing worked.

Im puzzled that you talk about choosing direction for the installer when I don't get that option :S Has the installer changed?

I would be so greatfull for some help ^_^