Thread: What would happen if.........

Default What would happen if.........

....Caesar had survived, gone on his Parthian expedition, and just kept going?

Caesar Triumphant is a suppositional history that describes what might have happened if 10 years after thwarting an assassination attempt, Caesar is poised for the last great challenge, the invasion of the Land of Wa, or as we know it, Japan.

How would the Legions of Rome fare against the warriors of Japan, before the formalization of bushido and the establishment of the samurai class?

Would the iron discipline and teamwork of the Legions stand up to the ferocious courage and willingness to die of the proto-samurai?

Well, if you're wondering, you can find out at blog.rwpeake.com, where I am writing that suppositional history. It's a followup to my book Marching With Caesar-Conquest of Gaul, now available on Amazon's Kindle store, and at Smashwords.com. It's the story of one Legionary who has survived a 42 year career, starting in the 10th Legion, raised by then-Praetor Gaius Julius Caesar.
    It is a first-person narrative, written in the form of a memoir as dictated to his slave and scribe.

The blog story is just something fun to do, but uses the characters created in the Marching With Caesar series.

Please check it out, and I hope you enjoy the story as much as I do making it come to life!

Default Re: What would happen if.........

I am more interested in knowing how he could go about conquering the whole of Asia in ten years.

Caesar planned not only to beat the Parthians as a revenge for Carrhae. Afterwards he planned to beat Burbistas empire in Dacia. And there was still Rome, he could not leave alone for long. And finally his health was already not in best shape at that time.

So i doubt he would have conquered more than Mesopotamia, if at all.

And btw, a roman army could never reach Japan. The chinese Han-Dynasty was in between. And some others, beating the out of any army stupid enough to come along with heavy infantry in line formation.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm more interested in what this has to do with RSII previews...

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    I'm more interested in what this has to do with RSII previews...
    Perhaps some Admin could kindly move this thread?

But to answer:
    He would go so far to east, that he comes back to Rome again, then he conguers Rome another time, then third....
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer