Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: European game IV

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: European game IV

The Chinese Colonial Empire has finally begun. Glory to COM! (Hindustan was broken into pieces by Vengur because he was being a douche)

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

France gained two new Iberian provinces, as well as increasing the colonial empire in the Americas. New Indian territory was gained, but the Indian Trade Company was lost after Vengur derped about and never got rid of the rebels, prompting a French invasion of the subcontinent. The French navy stands as the strongest in the world right now, with 150 large ships of the Galleon class.

Protector Domesticus

I put some colonies around, built a lot of buildings and destroyed some rebels...pretty boring match for me realy.

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

Scandinavia recovered Orkney and conquered some German territories, all of these while suffering from Norwegian revolts.

Italy drove Aragon out of the southern Americas this session. More colonies were set up on this continent. Italy also took The Knights under its wing this session, providing money for their colonisation plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynen View Post
    Italy drove Aragon out of the southern Americas this session. More colonies were set up on this continent. Italy also took The Knights under its wing this session, providing money for their colonisation plans.
    So, France has grand babies? I'm so proud!

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Romanus III View Post
    So, France has grand babies? I'm so proud!
    only problem is that its vengur lol

I can now host. I actually could've hosted this whole time. Skylar port forwarded this for me ages ago. I just checked today.

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

you never knew how to port forward? O.o

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Romanus III View Post
    I can now host. I actually could've hosted this whole time. Skylar port forwarded this for me ages ago. I just checked today.
    "OMG ABBUUSE Y U NO KNOW HOW TO PORT FORWARD"

Quote Originally Posted by abbews View Post
    "OMG ABBUUSE Y U NO KNOW HOW TO PORT FORWARD"
    I knew vaguely what I had to do and that Google was always available to me. You, however, are just lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbane751 View Post
    only problem is that its vengur lol
    I will keep vengur in line this time. Italy will not tolerate dumbassness.

The Vengur's Avatar Bloodthirsty Lunatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ynen View Post
    I will keep vengur in line this time. Italy will not tolerate dumbassness.
    Are you saying you will remove my brain?
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vengur View Post
    Are you saying you will remove my brain?
    If that is necessary, yes. Probably in the form of vassalisation, but I would rather not take such drastic measures. Just be a good boy ok? Make granddad france proud.

Protector Domesticus

Colonised the living out of everything in the pacific and now moving to southern Africa.

Though the Knights do confuse me.
    Last edited by SLN445; July 08, 2012 at 03:51 PM.

Ming gloriously stomped its way across Japan and is continuing to stomp across Japan. It also massively boosted its economy and manpower, and is currently killing off stupid and inept heirs by the dozen. Further, it built about 12 factories across the land and still turns a tidy profit of 700 ducats per year while reducing inflation.

France slightly expanded in the Americas. The biggest features of France's role this session were: diplo annex of Holland, the defeat of the Ottomans for Italy's Gorz, conquest of Sundgau, expansion of French India, and gaining cores on Brittany+Iberia. This was further followed by massive increases in infrastructure, with manpower and factories being a focus. France now has to spend 2900 per factory and it has nearly reached 400,000 manpower. France dominates the world in technology, without a doubt. The French also turned into a Republican Dictatorship and spread the one true faith more.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Russia stomped the insolent Knights faction, and had Manhattan stolen by the Italians, something that will be remedied.

You all laughed at Ming.

At the founding of our dynasty in 1368, Ming was a powerful nation, feared by all other meek and poor "nations" as they so styled themselves. Indeed, this was true. Economically - no power on earth could match us. Militarily - no power on earth could match us. Culturally - we were the most artistic and linguistic power on earth. The three factions that vied for power in the court of the Emperor were locked in constant struggle, with bureaucrats, monks and traders playing the dangerous political games that infested the Emperor's life. Despite the petty strugglings of these three factions, the Ming emperors continued to spread our vast influence to nearby nations. One nation ruled the islands to our south and was singled out to be given chests and wagons laden with arms, armour and gold. These were the main focus of the Ming economy for many decades, when in 1470, they underwent dramatic structural changes to their nation and formed the great nation of Malaya. Finally, a worthy ally to the Chinese people.

Malaya proved strategically useful for the Emperor. To circumvent the restrictiveness of his court, he requested Malaya to declare war on both Korea and the Manchu, two rival dynasties, allowing Ming to step in to save their allies from the terrible onslaught of Manchurians. Their navies were sunk, the Korean people annexed and the Manchurian nobles stripped of over half of their land. Any rivals to the great Ming dynasty had been crushed by overwhelming numbers and supreme strategy. Truly, Ming was the most glorious on Earth.

As the years went by, and the 15th century slid into the 16th, Ming continued the conquest of Manchuria and the remainder of the Korean peninsula. The Pacific was the playground of the Chinese people, who now enjoyed unrestricted access to the Japanese trade, after Ming marines and sailors defeated and looted the Wokou pirates' lairs. Temples were built, great centres of learning and culture were built and traders flooded the capital of Nanjing, selling their wares for the money of the wealthy. Ming grew fat off of the trade in chinaware, bolts of cloth and caravans of wheat. Disaster was just around the corner, however. First Malaya, a people priding themselves on their naval prowess, were driven from the island of the Andamans by a people that they said used "boom boom sticks". These reports were dismissed as scaremongering and were promptly ignored. Then a new nation, that of Hindustan, also gave the Emperor reports of a tall race of metal men with boom boom sticks. They claimed to have been robbed of their islands and had fortunately managed to defend themselves, but at a great price. The Emperor began to worry about these island stealers and began construction of naval vessels and large siege weapons to beat back the enemy fleets and their cargoes of metal men.

A strange people of fair skin and brown hair landed in the port of Macau in 1516. They came with what appeared to be magical weaponry that made huge noises and decimated every army and sunk every fleet that we could throw at them. We had no option but to give in to their gunboat diplomacy and the island of Macau was handed over to the so-called Portchugees. This must have been the same people that attacked Hindustan and Malaya. A pact was drawn up between these three countries, who vowed to drive the infidel from Asia.

A stroke of luck befell the Ming dynasty in the months following. An ambitious trader with access to the secrets of these supposedly magical weapons and incredibly well built boats approached the court of the Emperor, offering the Empire these weapons in return for 500 ducats. In a flurry of desperation, the Emperor graciously accepted this deal, marking the Ming coffers without profit for that year.

The current Emperor was old and decrepit, yet he now knew the secret of these Westerners. Plans were discussed back and forth in court. Statesmen and bureaucrats argued for many weeks, until finally the orders were given. Messengers ran to the furthest corners of the Empire, from the trading companies in Kyoto, to the Buddhist temples of Guangzhou and to Pyongyang and Ningxia. Temples were torn down in a wave of unrest as the people were enlightened by new education policies, but it was all in the drive for innovation. Provincial governors were stolen from their beds as they slept, and their families dumped in the Yellow River with their throats and bellies filled with lead. Such was the cost of centralisation.

As the 16th century reached the mid-way mark, Ming finally took the leap that would lead into the modern age. Technology raced ahead of its neighbours as universities were built and the great minds of the West immigrated to Nanjing and Beijing to continue their research for the benefit of the State. It took 10 years for Ming to declare their willingness to fight for Asia publicly. Scandinavia offered military access to the Chinese and 66,000 Chinese musketeers stood poised to attack the British Isles, to demand the handing over of Aceh, the Maldives and the Andamans.

The Ming generals and indeed the Ming emperor himself grew cocky with the new technology. He truly believed himself to be the rival of the Western nations and styled himself the Bane of the West. The invasion of the British Isles began in earnest, with 33,000 men landing in the Highlands and a further 33,000 waiting in Oslo and Trøndelag, to disembark two months later in Yorkshire. The invasion failed due to intervention by the "Frensh" and a full two thirds of the entire invading force was wiped out. The lucky few who remained were given orders to never return home after the Emperor denounced them as cowards and fools, to be killed on sight should they return to the Motherland. The majority took their own lives, the rest set upon by the foul British people, never to be seen again.

It took a mere 15 years for an entirely new invasion force to be readied for the crushing of the British. The troops landed in the Azores and from there a diplomat spoke to the King of the French, who declared his support for the crushing of the British heretics. The two-faced craven then sent a loan of 300 ducats to help the British war effort, but they were defeated all the same. All Asian lands, including Macau, were handed back to their rightful owners and the British were forced to release the fearsome Scottish as an independent nation. It is said that the Scots yelled "FREEEEEDOOOOM" in celebration so loud that even the Holy Roman Emperor heard the shout from his palace in Austria.

The Russian menace was stopped from advancing too close to the important parts of the Motherland by the aggressive colonisation efforts of the Manchurian explorers. We believed at first that they were Westerners but as time went on it seemed that their culture was remarkably different. It would seem that the world would be divided by the three power blocs of the Northerners, Westerners and Easterners, headed by Russia, France and China respectively.

Back in China, a policy of isolation was adopted. Weapons factories, ship factories, conscription centres and textile factories were built at huge cost across the land, the fires of industry heating the cities and bringing new life to the people. Farms, mines and trading practices were overhauled and built from the ground up, in order to increase efficiency, and many bureaucrats were needed to draft the new legislation that increased the productive output of the Chinese economy. Would be colonists from the wealthy southern lands of Guangzhou and the opportunistic sailors of Hainan and Macau headed to the islands that the Portchugees had called the "Philippinesh", and the natives were exterminated to make way for a peaceful Chinese population that could trade the spice from the islands back to Nanjing.

The final decree of the late Ming Emperor was the invasion of Japan. Over the past 50 years the islands to the North of Japan had been colonised in order to take advantage of the large fish stocks to feed the masses of the mainland, as they grew tired of the wheat and rice based diet that they had been fed for the past 200 years. They were now used as a staging ground to invade the Japanese island chain and a massive invasion of 40,000 musketeers leapt into the fray, conquering Kyoto and making their way towards the most Easterly nation. The Shogun was executed and thrown to the pigs. The Shogunate was disbanded and the two of the four Daimyos were annexed outright by Ming.

Ming at the height of its Empire, in the year of our Lord 1618.

China will be victorious

Last edited by High Chunker Greens; July 09, 2012 at 12:53 PM.

Free Tibet!