Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: European game IV

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Default Re: European game IV

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrorru View Post
    The patch? Can anyone remember if this started when we started using WJHT? Anything about that I might have done wrong that would've ed me up? Like it's not a problem to have different versions of EUIII all in the paradox folder, or something? Was I supposed to wipe the map cache in the EUIII folder you get to via AppData as well as the one in Program Files?
    You have a map cache in AppData? You probably should wipe that. I'd actually think that's quite likely to be causing the issue, since if your paths arn't the same as the rest of ours it would explain the out of syncs.

Honestly, do this. Either disable UAC (user account control - google it), or reinstall the game outside Program Files. Windows will mess around with your file placement if the game's in Program Files and UAC is enabled. [Disclaimer: If you disable UAC, the game will stop using the stuff in that hidden AppData folder. All your saves will apparantly "vanish", but that's because it's now trying to read saves in the EU3 directory and not the hidden AppData folder where they were]

--------------------

Novgorod took lots of infamy and stability hits making sure it needed all the cores for Russia. That is all. Now it will sit on it's arse for 50 years.
    Last edited by Musthavename; April 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ming got itself embroiled in some lulzy war in Japan, where I'm determined to take Okinawa and as much of Japan as I possibly can. Thus far the Shogunate isn't cooperating with my demands, even with 50,000 of them lying dead and two of the southern islands being fully occupied. The offensive into Kyoto will begin in earnest next game.

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

portugal aided in some wars with castille
    aided england in a war by bogging down aragonese troops in aragon while occupying 2 of its provinces until i white peaced them to begin developing my trade tech

Could someone upload the save? I crashed just before the end so I didn't get it

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Pat89 View Post
    Could someone upload the save? I crashed just before the end so I didn't get it
    Theres a 2-3 week waiting period... we are also waiting on a shipment of maps which will set you back another day or two as well.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    You have a map cache in AppData? You probably should wipe that. I'd actually think that's quite likely to be causing the issue, since if your paths arn't the same as the rest of ours it would explain the out of syncs.

Honestly, do this. Either disable UAC (user account control - google it), or reinstall the game outside Program Files. Windows will mess around with your file placement if the game's in Program Files and UAC is enabled. [Disclaimer: If you disable UAC, the game will stop using the stuff in that hidden AppData folder. All your saves will apparantly "vanish", but that's because it's now trying to read saves in the EU3 directory and not the hidden AppData folder where they were]
    Where would you suggest I install it instead?

C:\Games\Europa Universalis III

Is just an example that should work

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrorru View Post
    Where would you suggest I install it instead?
    Anywhere. Just not in Program Files. Windows (Vista onwards) simply treats the two Program Files folders (well, one if you're running a 32 bit OS) differently. The directory Pat linked you would be fine, but you can have C:\ReallyRandomStuff\MicrosoftShouldDieInAFire\EU3 if you want.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Protector Domesticus

Done. Reinstalled completely.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

But will it blend?

We could maybe see this as test game and start all over. I mean, Europe is once again totally unbalanced, with Rickie having no real competition (I know about the not-aggressive part, but Abbs said that too). We played for only like 17 years, so not much would be lost. But it would primarily give mord a fair chance as Austria and Rem could go back to Venice.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

You worry too much on balance. If everyone just focused on being better then the next guy, it would all work out.

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Rickie's Burgundy isn't that strong. We can't restart just because Remlap goofed.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

As much as a restart would benefit me greatly (having spent 15 of the first 17 years of this game without a King) I oppose it on the same grounds as Abbs.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

I oppose a restart as I'm not even aiming to be the major land power.

As for Remlap foofing, what I heard was that he just had a lot of bad luck, losing all his PUs, the HRE title and being stuck in a regency for years after his king died fairly early. But my motive for restarting is not to give Remlap another chance, it's because of this:

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    You worry too much on balance.
    Seein as previous game - which I enjoyed a lot, as Russia - had to be stopped because people found it unplayable. And seeing how Rickie has France all for himself, a couple of German vassals (including electors) and being part of the HRE with no real opposition. Even if he claims not to aim becoming a major landpower (exactly as Abbs said), he will be so by the very nature of his country. Look, I'm far away in India and don't care much about your European affairs (and despite some setbacks it's going fairly well), but I don't want to see us stop the game early again because of an unstoppable Burgundy (or possibly France by then). So if you say to not lose those 17 years, so we can have a proper Austria and keep going from where we are now, then also don't go demand a new game when Rickie does get unstoppable, while others who aren't directly affected by that might still enjoy the campaign.

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Burgundy is going naval. England's got a bigger chunk of France than Burgundy.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Pat89 View Post
    As for Remlap foofing, what I heard was that he just had a lot of bad luck, losing all his PUs, the HRE title and being stuck in a regency for years after his king died fairly early. But my motive for restarting is not to give Remlap another chance, it's because of this:

Seein as previous game - which I enjoyed a lot, as Russia - had to be stopped because people found it unplayable. And seeing how Rickie has France all for himself, a couple of German vassals (including electors) and being part of the HRE with no real opposition. Even if he claims not to aim becoming a major landpower (exactly as Abbs said), he will be so by the very nature of his country. Look, I'm far away in India and don't care much about your European affairs (and despite some setbacks it's going fairly well), but I don't want to see us stop the game early again because of an unstoppable Burgundy (or possibly France by then). So if you say to not lose those 17 years, so we can have a proper Austria and keep going from where we are now, then also don't go demand a new game when Rickie does get unstoppable, while others who aren't directly affected by that might still enjoy the campaign.
    The game balance in that last game wouldn't have been a problem if players hadn't been outright bad and if they had actually paid attention to the land tech of other nations. We can't keep starting new games because of 'balance' just because a player starts to succeed. That's ridiculous.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Frankly the last game we abandoned with Rickie as Russia was not at all unbalanced. I wasn't even fighting Rickie and I could field 200,000 men. You lot just decided it was no longer of interest (despite you all saying the week before we should get this game into the 1700s....) on the night itself and abandoned it without thought.

Don't give me any BS about that game being badly balanced. It was ing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    Frankly the last game we abandoned with Rickie as Russia was not at all unbalanced. I wasn't even fighting Rickie and I could field 200,000 men. You lot just decided it was no longer of interest (despite you all saying the week before we should get this game into the 1700s....) on the night itself and abandoned it without thought.

Don't give me any BS about that game being badly balanced. It was ing fine.
    I said the one with Abbs as France... And you probably were the one who had been advocating a restart for that one the most of all.

Also, no need to start raging, I'm only bringing up an option. I wouldn't want to see this game suffer the same faith as another I still enjoyed.