Thread: more in depth samurai units for fots

Default more in depth samurai units for fots

there are very few melee and samurai units in FotS. and me, being a melee rusher would love it if any1 could add more units to the game. like naginata samurai or katana samurai(slightly better thank kachi) not sure if there was any at the time but no-daichi?

Default Re: more in depth samurai units for fots

Sure, one of these days maybe I'll make some No-Dachi Kachi and Naginata Kachi.

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Oohhh, I can't wait! I still want to play an all traditional Aizu campaign.
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

Man, I want onna bushi back to defend the castles .

Or better yet, sabre kachi complete with the crappy animations. Amirite?

Since modding shogun 2 units into FOTS is not allowed here, you just have to do it yourself with PFM.

It's not that difficult, the only tricky part you might find is creating a new unit when the original unit requires a shogun2 building or resource for it to be recruited (like warhorses). But creating a new unit is pretty much just cloning the original and giving it a unique unit id.

Then you have to set the unit to 'boshin' in units_to_groupings_military_permissions table and assign a FOTS building(s) to the unit in build_units_allowed_tables with a unique number id.

That's generally the jist of it. Study other people's unit mods in PFM for help!

And of course, balance the unit....

I mean...SPear Levy having higher defense skill than the yari ashigaru? ridiculous.

wow very lazy man, could we have the file or sth?

MadGAD's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Very Lazy Man View Post
    Since modding shogun 2 units into FOTS is not allowed here, you just have to do it yourself with PFM.

It's not that difficult, the only tricky part you might find is creating a new unit when the original unit requires a shogun2 building or resource for it to be recruited (like warhorses). But creating a new unit is pretty much just cloning the original and giving it a unique unit id.

Then you have to set the unit to 'boshin' in units_to_groupings_military_permissions table and assign a FOTS building(s) to the unit in build_units_allowed_tables with a unique number id.

That's generally the jist of it. Study other people's unit mods in PFM for help!
    Is there kind of tutorial somewhere for transferring? Because this two steps are not enough

Well, I did make katana ki, no dachi kachi so far...

Well, I did make katana ki, no dachi kachi so far...

BOW CAV
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by raphael View Post
    there are very few melee and samurai units in FotS. and me, being a melee rusher would love it if any1 could add more units to the game. like naginata samurai or katana samurai(slightly better thank kachi) not sure if there was any at the time but no-daichi?
    I agree, and I care more about fun that historical accuracy. The Boshin War in reality was fairly minor with a total of ~4000 casualties, so the vanilla game is already inaccurate after the first battle or so.

Quote Originally Posted by rob-a-dogg View Post
    BOW CAV

Bow Ki already exist.

Bow Ki already exist.
    I bet you used a time machine to get them in the game didnt you. I knew you were amazing
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Huh? I meant Bow Ki was an official FOTS unit, don't need to a mod.