Well long story short, I resently looked up from what press one of my favorite historical books was released from.

The book I read and own is called Anabasis.
Anabasis (means the march up the country) was written by Xenophon, who was born in Athens 430 BC and died in Corinth in 355 BC.
It describes how he and a Greek mercenary force were recruited by a Persian usurper to help him claim the throne of the Persian empire in 400 BC. The coup fails, and now the mercernaries are stranded deep into Persia without guides or supplies.

Translated into modern Danish (also in English) it's a magnificent work. It holds descriptions of both the Greek and Persian armies. Good illustrations and maps plus some stunning colour photographs of the Asian Minor landscape.
There's a dictinary in the back wich explains some of the words who where impossible to translate.

To the point.

Looking up their website I found loads and loads of books that apealed to me. Most notorious is 'The Lion Knight' wich I plan to purchase soon.

Lion Knight

I suggest that anyone interested in good historical novels should take a look upon their site. Mark my word these books are wonderful!

Link to English website

It seems that their website English translation lacks behind a bit, but still any Scandinavian who understand a little Danish should be able to read them.