Thread: DarthMod Launcher by labm0nkey

Default DarthMod Launcher by labm0nkey

Hello everyone,
    As you may remember I have shared my opinion about current Darth Mod Launcher here. In general I think that current launcher is *politely* not as good as it should be *politely*. It turned out that there is somebody who can create alternative launcher. lonewolf80 offered his help and released his own version of the launcher (I have to admit his very quick reaction surprised me). I am very happy that more and more people are interested in launcher replacement.
    As I said in previous topic I am not a simple critic but also a programmer. That's why I decided to contribute to Dath Mod community and release my own launcher. Well maybe "release" is not a proper word at the moment because It's not finished yet so I have only a design mockups. Consider this an alpha version of launcher.

Here is a list of features that already are or will be implemented:
    - simple and clear design. Theme is inspired by Darth Vader rather than Japanese art.
    - detection of enabled/disabled mods
    - automated ANY mod installation. Mod creators can make 1 file version of their mods (I call them darthmods) prepared to be 1 click installed into your own launcher. You can also make this way multiple mod sets in 1 file. This way launcher becomes an mod management center.
    - multiple Profiles. Defaults, Vanilla or even your own!
    - easy customization of launcher options by XML file. This way Darth can make updates without recompiling whole launcher. Also for example you will be able to redesign launcher (colours, images, button text, labels) into other total war games launcher.
    - build-in script editor (notepad window) (still not seen on mockups)

This launcher is made for you so feel free to post any ideas/changes. Since there are now 2 launcher projects (maybe somebody will surprise us with another one) I don't mind if I will just abandon this project. I will continue my work only if you guys decide that I should do it.

To put it simple. Do you love it or hate?

Screenshots

Default Re: DarthMod Launcher by labm0nkey

I like the look! Definitely looks a lot neater and easier to navigate.

If I may ask..what language are you programming this in?

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf80 View Post
    If I may ask..what language are you programming this in?
    It's C#

**Stickied**
    Follow the progress of the mod and later your launcher may become DarthMod's default

labm0nkey, I like the look of your launcher and I would encourage you to continue your project.

I think its great we have some folks working on the launcher, leaving Darth to focus on his excellent modding work. I think both launcher projects should continue, allowing users to select the one they find easiest to use. Hopefully the "competition" will lead to the best possible innovation and work product for both!

I really like the clean and simple look of this launcher.

Looks great

Hope you will keep working on it!

So this hasnt been released yet right? Because i cant seem to find a link to it anywhere. I do really like the look of this. It's alot better then default (No Offense) so i hope its released soon.

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice submod!

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

i like its style too

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Unfortunately im super busy right now but I'll try to release this before Diablo 3 comes out haha

Armageddonn's Avatar Decanus

This looks really good, are you gona upload it soon?

Foederatus

Upload?