Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Next?

Brutalsubtlety's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Next?

Nope. There is a big enough portion of this forumgoing population that believes Victoria will honestly be the next game, I aim to tell them they are wrong. Uncle_Uzi
    Agree we have been playing with guns mostly since 2009 time for a break for a few titles.
    Kinjo
    Yes, yes a thousand times yes. Quite why CA wouldn’t make this move is a mystery to my little meat-brain.
    The unstoppable march of Victoria TW and WW1 TW continues!
    Chivalry is not dead! Phew. It’s been a long time since I’ve chivalled so how about it CA, I think CA should employ their magical ear-trumpets to collect that feedback from our like throughout the howling winds of the internet, enough guns. Give Total War a cessation, breather, interrupt the unstoppable march of Victoria TW and WW1 TW, and get ancient. Again. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Elitewolf View Post
    Rome stands at the top of my list (I just really liked the variety of factions in RTW: You had the offensive barbarians, the defensive romans, the uberdefensive greeks and lots of other stuff. Medieval 3 would stand just below that, because crossbows are just so damn cool.

As long as the next TW has shields in it, it's going to be awesome. All the best TW's have shields.
    I'm not trying to push a barrow here, but the Renaissance fits the current engine and actually provides for the variety so many Rome TW fans (including myself) crave a return to. The Swiss - steam roller. The French - mass heavy cavalry charges. The Spanish - disciplined and co-ordinated defence. The Ottomans - masses of rabble with elite Janissary, Spahis of the Porte and supporting cavalry. Italian States - mercanary Condottiere. HRE - mix of everything with Landsknecht. The list goes on and on.

I play this period on table top and each army plays very differently and can win or be beaten by the others. The variety of troop types is amazing - longbows, regular bows, crossbows, handguns (matchlock), arquebus, early muskets (ala the three Musketeers) - and that's just missile troops and they all have their uses gunpowder or no gunpowder. Armoured pike, unamoured pike, spears, swords, sword & buckler, zweihander (huge two handed swordsmen), halberdiers, half pikes - not to mention types within, formations ect.

Plus, it was the age of discovery. Meaning not only does it make the New World a vast wild place to venture - it makes the tech tree exciting because it was indeed the awakening after centuries of tech darkness.

Make a good TW imho.

CA won't do the reinassance because pre-civil war England's military absolutely sucks so they won't have a chance to make England overpowered like in every other game >.>

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

If the game goes on long enough they could make the Brits have a Civil War and then they could become Uber.

Or they could just do what they did with the ironclads in FotS and just completely throw accurately representing the British power out the window
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    the Church has only improved mankind in history

For this there are words, but none that abide by the ToS.

The only possible TW that fits the requiremnts of wanting something new and being fed of gunpowder warfare, fitting the TW engine, etc, is some TW in Sun Tzu homeland, China, there have been many important historical battles with sword/shield/arrow/horse warfare, untouched before, won't be a continental revamp (like europe again, japan again, north america again) and will be the home of Sun Tzu (have I said that yet?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Or they could just do what they did with the ironclads in FotS and just completely throw accurately representing the British power out the window
    Explain. The Warrior is rapetastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Explain. The Warrior is rapetastic.
    L'Ocean is meant to make the warrior look like a bath tub...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    L'Ocean is meant to make the warrior look like a bath tub...
    No not really.

No not really.
    Someone posted the stats elsewhere... Ocean had thicker armor, more guns, and a bigger crew

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Brutalsubtlety View Post
    Yes, yes a thousand times yes. Quite why CA wouldn’t make this move is a mystery to my little meat-brain.
    The unstoppable march of Victoria TW and WW1 TW continues!
    Chivalry is not dead! Phew. It’s been a long time since I’ve chivalled so how about it CA, I think CA should employ their magical ear-trumpets to collect that feedback from our like throughout the howling winds of the internet, enough guns. Give Total War a cessation, breather, interrupt the unstoppable march of Victoria TW and WW1 TW, and get ancient. Again. Please.
    Victoria or Rome, if they won't back to europe They won't sell. Nobody cares about china or any other historical place besides west countries.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife@iol.pt View Post
    Victoria or Rome, if they won't back to europe They won't sell. Nobody cares about china or any other historical place besides west countries.
    I care. Well there are a lot more Chinese than Europeans.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It`s RTW 2, it`s so clear to me, it hurts my telepathic mind.

Stop the pain, CA and show them so they`ll stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Matsudaira Takechiyo View Post
    I care. Well there are a lot more Chinese than Europeans.
    Way more Europeans play the game than either or Asians or Americans.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Way more Europeans play the game than either or Asians or Americans.
    How do you know ? Do you have statistic ? Just because there are more Europeans and American in this forum does not mean that they are.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Matsudaira Takechiyo View Post
    How do you know ? Do you have statistic ? Just because there are more Europeans and American in this forum does not mean that they are.
    I have no stats yet I am probably right.

Civis

Why do the Japs have no shields ???

(wow that was off topic)
    Last edited by Jaxin; April 08, 2012 at 09:54 PM.

The next game will probely have to do with the 1850's and later. As much as I would like to see Rome 2 the writing is on the wall. CA is going to use the tech from fots to a hopefully world scale game, why else would you use all that time and money to use it for only one expansion. They will probably have an expansion for that title just like all the rest. Finally after CA has milked the warscape engine enough it will finally be working on a new engine(hopefully mod friendly) for Rome 2 coming around 2015.

Civis

Whole World Total War in Colonial Age (late 16th century onwards)

The campaign would be great but I'm sooo sick of guns, I always shoot myself

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxin View Post
    Why do the Japs have no shields ???

(wow that was off topic)
    Basically they never needed them.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=487982