Thread: A freeman a locked prisoner

Default A freeman a locked prisoner

So here it goes.
    This is based in England much like A Bards Tale. Its about a Italian Prisoner (just for the and giggles and cause i like Italians)

NOTE. I AM continuring A Bards Tale. This is just a side story

CHAPTER 1

A very very short chapter not my best pice of work but we will see if you want it to continue.

Nottingham prison.

The chains dug into my arms. The cuts where the whips and lashes that had struck me bleed. I was going mad i was sure of it. The dim light of the cell was the only thing only home i I had. I had been here for three years. My name was Shanroe Esqutei i had been a Italian mercenary but my life had been much more important then that..... I was also the Popes only son. Until he gave me the honor of Leaving his god forsaken house hold until he threw me on the streets and said die in a ditch. I had sworn vengeance on my father. For years i raided freely finally a free man. I raided his towns with a group which picked me up in a peculiar way. As i had rode from Rome escaping from my fathers clutch They ambushed me. My sword whipped from its scabbard as i charged forward i swung my sword it crashed into a mans head. The blood seemed to explode from his head. I cam round and charged again this time decapitating a man. The leader of the band of mercenaries had walked out from the forest and offered to take me under his wing. I didn't really have a choice as he asked me twenty men came out o =f the forest and surrounded me.

A freeman? Is that what you would call it? Raiding getting loot killing maiming and raping? Is that what a freeman is? No a freeman is man that can chose his life a man that can go his own way make his own path. Maybe i took the wrong one.... That day i would have been better dead. For my first years i was but a runt a new man that had a taste for blood. My respect grew as i had the talent to speak my blade was lousy i was trained as a bowmen a Archer hunter whatever you call it. But i was damn good at both. As our group grew people started calling it a horde. Our man power grew to and with that our coffers swelled. As we took on castles and cities....

I may not have been a free man but at least i was out in the air at least i could smell the sea salt and feel the wind as i rode. Now all of that is gone. I am stuck al day in a damp dark cell. I would rather be dead then here.
    Don't try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It's the one and only thing you have to offer. ~ Barbara Kingsolver

The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~ Anaïs Nin

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: A freeman a locked prisoner

A solid start, well done

I'm looking forward to seeing where this will head too

Keep it up
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Haha thanks Shankbot always good to see your friendly comments
    Don't try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It's the one and only thing you have to offer. ~ Barbara Kingsolver

The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~ Anaïs Nin

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

No worries
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE