Ye Olde Fahrt's Avatar Miles

Default Re: FPS & System Setup Assistance

Quote Originally Posted by xXEsotericXx View Post
    My rig is just.

WINDOWS 7 - 32BIT- SP1

AMD dual core 4400+ 2.2 mhz

3 GB Ram (DDR1)

9800GT 1MB video memory

i run the game smoothly, all maxed, sinds the game doesnt need a stupit 2k euro rig, and all mmo's i play max too :]
    Really? Wow... What do you mean by maxed out, how's your setup?

Vegetation (from launcher), unit size, detail levels, anti-aliasing ...?

I am genuinely interested to hear more. My setup is very much the same with dvk's apart that my AMD quad CPU is only 2.6 GHz.

And that is an issue, I tried huge unit size for a while but I am back to large as there tends to be a lag when fighting two full stacks.

The sweet spot is somewhere around 2.9 - 3.0 GHz it seems.

Forgot to add: No, I can't OC. W7 64bit. MS Security essentials for virus control.
    Last edited by Ye Olde Fahrt; April 11, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
    My garden may be smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum. - Roma Surrectum III

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

That doesn't stop you from OCing...
    W7 64bit. MS Security essentials for virus control.

xXEsotericXx's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Ye Olde Fahrt View Post
    Really? Wow... What do you mean by maxed out, how's your setup?

Vegetation (from launcher), unit size, detail levels, anti-aliasing ...?

I am genuinely interested to hear more. My setup is very much the same with dvk's apart that my AMD quad CPU is only 2.6 GHz.

And that is an issue, I tried huge unit size for a while but I am back to large as there tends to be a lag when fighting two full stacks.

The sweet spot is somewhere around 2.9 - 3.0 GHz it seems.

Forgot to add: No, I can't OC. W7 64bit. MS Security essentials for virus control.
    Vegetation is now on low, because, 2.5 gives me a frozen battle match when i had it on default settings, i read somewhere that low helps to overcome that 2.5 beta flaw prob a bug i never had a frozen or a freeze when i had my settings on default,, and with Huge, i played europa barbarorum, on huge, it went fine tho, its playable, and RS2.0 ofc has better graphics so i use huge and i was fine, BUT i tend to lose more populations aswell with huge on + laggyer sinds RS2.0 has easyer recrutement then other rtw modsi played, u can easly have big battles with RS and deplete your population fast too.... that mean no high taxing when your on 2k pop in a town and your CPU enemy is keep getting these stacks on your lands haha... so play large for many reason, and it feels more realistic to me,, i have buildins on Medium because someone said it helps the bugs RS2.5 has , u know the battle map freeze, so everything is on max besides vegy and buildings , AA is turned off, everyone knows by now that RTW AA is poor, and my nvidia driver settings are on performance, sinds i play for performance rather then massive lag, the game looks great no lie's
    "I think left but i write extreem right"
    - Esoteric -

:

Ye Olde Fahrt's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    That doesn't stop you from OCing...
    I've got a HP Pavilion I do not believe it can be OC:ed. I mentioned 64bit as it differs from dvk's set up, and MS SE as I do run a virus checker which downgrades the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by xXEsotericXx View Post
    Vegetation is now on low, because, 2.5 gives me a frozen battle match when i had it on default settings, i read somewhere that low helps to overcome that 2.5 beta flaw prob a bug i never had a frozen or a freeze when i had my settings on default,, and with Huge, i played europa barbarorum, on huge, it went fine tho, its playable, and RS2.0 ofc has better graphics so i use huge and i was fine, BUT i tend to lose more populations aswell with huge on + laggyer sinds RS2.0 has easyer recrutement then other rtw modsi played, u can easly have big battles with RS and deplete your population fast too.... that mean no high taxing when your on 2k pop in a town and your CPU enemy is keep getting these stacks on your lands haha... so play large for many reason, and it feels more realistic to me,, i have buildins on Medium because someone said it helps the bugs RS2.5 has , u know the battle map freeze, so everything is on max besides vegy and buildings , AA is turned off, everyone knows by now that RTW AA is poor, and my nvidia driver settings are on performance, sinds i play for performance rather then massive lag, the game looks great no lie's
    OK it makes sense now. It is just that you first mentioned you have the game maxed out. Instead you are using sensible settings which enables some of the settings to be maxed out. That's why I asked.
    My garden may be smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum. - Roma Surrectum III

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12