Thread: Enemy battle AI stops working?

Icon9 Enemy battle AI stops working?

I have noticed this every time I play. It is possibly only countries that aren't playable in the original NTW. I can play a couple of battles against the AI on the campaign and then after awhile they just stand in a line. I was in the middle of a battle and the AI retreated back got in a line and stopped moving completely. I hit them with arty for about 10 minutes straight and they just stood there. When I went in to attack them only one unit would respond at a time to the attack. After that the next battle the AI just stood there and did nothing. Cannons did not fire units did not move. :/ Am I doing something wrong?

Default Re: Enemy battle AI stops working?

Does anyone else get this issue?

Mikail Mengsk's Avatar Primicerius

I also noticed something similar in custom battles. In the start, the AI just stood very afar and suffers my cannonballs without doing anything. In another battle the AI moved constantly, always in range of my artillery, suffering dozens of losses, and only after 10minutes or so decided to attack me.
    It's only after you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything.

In custom battles all is well for me. But in campaign everything messes up. Maybe I am corrupting something??