Thread: Crash at copyright

Deruin's Avatar Laetus

Default Crash at copyright

When i start up shogun it gets to the copyright screen then i get the shogun 2 has stopped working message, Ive tried uninstalling it and re-installing it, ive installed all the patches, and my steam is up to date. However when i do click "disable to play vanilla" it does work correctly. Ive download DM for napoleon and Empire nad LOVED them. I would appreciate help on this greatly. Thanks in advance

comp specs if needed:

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A D3
    CPU: AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz Quad core
    RAM: 8GB of Patriot G series Secotr 5
    Video card: Gigabyte GTX 260 (Nvidia chipset)
    HDD: 500GB
    PSU: 550W

Default Re: Crash at copyright

Hmm I would uninstall, check integrety of game cache files (steam).. Install 3.4 then install 3.6 hotfix.. If you still get the error message on load up.. You can 1 of two things (since I had the exact same problem and it wasn't getting fixed with the DM launcher)..

Option 1) Choose all the options you wish to play with, and load the game up with steam instead of the launcher.. If there are no mods available you may have to click play first on your DM launcher first for them to be implemented..

Option 2) Go to this topic http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=532885 and download that launcher, this one works for me with no CTD on splash screen.. It's also a lot more user friendly. Follow the instructions on how toinstal and run it!

Oops forgot to mention, open steam up first and keep it open.. Read somewhere that, that may be causing issues with some people.. Wasn't a fix for me though

Deruin's Avatar Laetus

Thank you so much! the secound one worked but what i think my problem was that i was using the clan re-texture along with the unit veriety mod and that might of cause my game to crash. Thanks again!

soveliss99's Avatar Civis

i was only able to play darth mod the day i installed it (ive had this problem twice i had to reinstall the other time but it failed again).........

my game crashes too at the copyright splash screen. i made sure clan retexture was off and i had unit variety on. also i tried the alternative launcher and it still crashed please someone help. please please...

EDIT also the steam launcher crashes and vanilla crashes too when i disable the mod wtf....

Fully uninstall DM.. Check the integrety of the files and try to play vanilla.. If shogun 2 doesn't work then, you need to reinstall shogun 2..

if it does work, download v3.4 and 3.6 hotfix, install both in that order.. Then download the alternative launcher and install that (make sure these are all in the correct folders).. Open the new launcher and enable the features you wish.. take note that Caln Retexture and Unit Variety doesn't work, as well (very important before opening the launcher!!!) Open the DM launcher and click Disable to play vanilla.. Then open up the new launcher.. Sorry haha.

You must have every box filled with something either with off or on (or what ever is in scroll down)