Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fallout universe vs Elder Scrolls universe

Default Re: Fallout universe vs Elder Scrolls universe

Fallout has a very good atmosphere, I'd say TES has the better storyline, even if it's a bit hard to comprehend at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

TES definitely. I'm just not into the whole post-apocalyptic setting.

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

TES. Though I must stress, that both Oblivion and Fallout 3 had completly unconvincing settings. Everything felt generic, with F3 being only a minor step ahead of Oblivion.

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Sorry Intel, just to clarify, do you mean unconvincing as in unrealistic, or as in they did poorly at suspension of disbelief, allowing for more immersive gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Arrrgh! View Post
    Sorry Intel, just to clarify, do you mean unconvincing as in unrealistic, or as in they did poorly at suspension of disbelief, allowing for more immersive gameplay?
    Isn't it the same? Generic characters (with generic motivations), generic storyline, generic locations... Lots of inconsequences we're forced to accept, the fact that our protagonist lives in a world that doesn't feel alive. Population of super mutants and ghouls is superior to that of humans, people live in huge cities with population of 20 people, very concept of food and nutrition is apparently alien to game developers, because in Tamriel, one farm can feed entire kingdoms... Etc. etc.

Oh, and no children or facial hair in Oblivion.

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Thank's for the reasons Intel, good points. I'll have to get back to them later, I'm too put out at the moment by the latest issues with the TW franchise.

Sure, Captain Nice to see you back, btw. I always enjoyed your posts.

Its a tie for me. I loved FO3 and hated NV. Well, hate is a strong word. It just didn't capture me right away like FO3 did. I played about halfway through, got bored, and traded it in a few months ago.

On the other hand, I love Skyrim, but I didn't like Oblivion at all. *shields himself from flames* Maybe I didn't give it a fair shake. My friend kept pressing me to try it out during a time I was obsessed with Mass Effect. I played it for about 10 hours and haven't touched it since.

The one thing that might give the edge to Skyrim is future DLC. FO3 DLC wasn't that great. Point Lookout was the only enjoyable one. I hope Skyrim has fewer but larger DLC packs. I want something I can spend another 30-40 hours on, and I don't mind spending $20 for it either. I want real content. Not something I can breeze through before I'm finished drinking a six pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nationalist_Cause View Post
    On the other hand, I love Skyrim, but I didn't like Oblivion at all. *shields himself from flames*
    Maybe beacuse it's really nothing special. The world is surely huge, but that's all. Everything else is just meh.

Both are a very refreshing take on an otherwise very saturated and overdone theme. Lore wise, I think I'd go with Fallout though. TES is too centred around these omnipotent deities who affect so much of what is happening in the lore. It gets repetitive that the key events in the lore, especially the ones the games are centred around, are the emergence of Gods of destruction, or something similar. What I like about Fallout is that there are many separate systems around the world, and no one main trend in antagonists. It makes for a very blank canvas in terms of what can happen in the next game, because we can just move to somewhere else in the world, and look at those isolated circumstances, where completely new forces are against each other.

I prefer TES for the great variety of places while Fallout is an endless boring ruined city.

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Fallout universe - i just love more the post apocalyptic setting and saving humanity. But i did enjoy TES also

Wígár's Avatar Tiro

Although I am a massive fan of fantasy I must say that I enjoyed the Fallout universe a load more than the Elder Scrolls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12