I hope Kaunitz comes back to TWC soon
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Notker's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: NTW: Kaunitz Project

Quote Originally Posted by Splenyi View Post
    I hope Kaunitz comes back to TWC soon
    Your word in God's ear

Kaunits, my friend. I hope all is well, cya when u return.

Well, I think its dead. See ya guys.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Not dead, just, unconscious Kaunitz will come back with some motivation soon, hopefully.....
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

I am not alwayes banned but when i do i get banned for good.

Well this is sad.
    Originally Posted by Tyer032392:
    "The problem about having troops killing soldiers is that if CA implemented that, than they will earn the ire of Jack Thompson, and that is something CA doesn't need. If anyone doesn't know who he is, google "Jack Thompson"."

Hi Kaunitz, the reference to canister casualties at the Battle of Friedland were taken from Paddy Griffiths book on French Artillery. After the action the by Senarmont's artillery the French estimated that there were 4,000 Russian bodies left on the field, although some of these may have fallen earlier in the engagement. Senarmont's guns fired an average of 72 roundshot per gun plus 12 rounds of cannister. The first firing position was at a range of 200 metres, and was presumbly where most of the roundshot were fired, the second firing position was 60 metres from the Russian formations.

Serarmont had a total of 30 guns (4 x 12pdr; 4 x 4 pdr; 22 x 6pdr) so in total he fired 360 rounds of canister at 60 metres range. Even assuming that all the Russian casualties were caused by canister (which is impossible) this would only be 11 casualties per round. However, 2,160 roundshor were also fired, and even if each only hit one man the canister effect would be halved.

Lauerma's tests of cannister against a 5.8 x 35m target should the following results.

12pdr Gun: 400 metres = 40 hits (35% of 112 balls)
    8pdr Gun: 400 metres = 40 hits (35% of 112 balls)
    4pdr Gun: 400 metres = 21 hits (18% of 112 balls)

However, these tests need to be considered as 'best expectations' as one must assume that they were conducted under perfect conditions. In battle such conditions would not occur.

The big problem with canister was spread, and I think we talked about this before. There was an optimum range where the lateral spread had reached it's maximum, and the balls which had ricocheted off the ground were still lethal, whilst those which had flown high were beginning to return to below lethal height. At that range canister had it's maximum lethal effect. Under that range and the lethality was limited by the lateral spread of the cone, those close to the line of fire would suffer terribly but the total casualites would be fewer. Beyond the optimum lethality was reduced by the loss of balls which had flown wide lost energy and were no longer part of the cone. The distance of this optimum range varied according to the weight of the balls, with heavy canister and grape carrying farther than small canister, but having far fewer balls in the charge.
    Last edited by Didz; July 29, 2012 at 05:22 AM.

I am having trouble loading this mod in my game.... I am re- DL the Mod again- thiniking it somehow got corrupted since the time I last DL and adding it to my data file.... anyway,... I think the issue is really with the script. Can someone give the exact script
    Example:
    The script is
    <script>
    In other words, the exact line, nothing else.

Thanks in advance...

UPDATE
    Apparently, it was loading fine. I was under the impression that 18th century units were already present in the Mod. When I notice only Napoleon era troops, I thought it did not load correctly. When I ran a battle just to see, I notice the Kaunitz Project banner on the pre- battle loading screen. I am not sure what he means by "delete the 'starting' armies".... when I remove the pre- set armies, I still only have those same units as a choices.

KUANITZ
    I am not sure why he is not answering messages or responding in this thread, but he is going online and he did add me as friend on steam. Curious....
    ----
    Last edited by PikeStance; October 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM.

Little advice on cavalry casualties If you reduce attack direction factors, your cavalry wont take so many casualties.. it looks like those attack factors reduce the overall defense of the soldier based on attack direction... so if you use very high values, defense is practically 0...

instead, use values that wont impact the overall defense stat - for example for front attack direction factor its best to have it 0, so frontal attacks face the full defense, left attack direction should represent side without any defense, while right side is the weapon side (even though you can have only one setting for all weapons, no matter if they are two handed (bayonets) or one handed (swords), so its up to you how much less flank attack direction should face... Same for rear attack direction...

I made those adjustments in my mod (i will release new version of Empire Realism soon if you want to check the behavior of those changes) and cavalry suddenly survived much more..

Have you seen any statistic's which suggest that there was any significant difference in attack and defence capability depending on the angle of an opponent to your own facing?

Logic would suggest there ought to be, but not being a weapons expert I'm not sure if the reality matches the expectation. For example the lancers drill manual appears to cover attack and defence in all directions, including how to deal with attacks from behind, but like most military drills one wonders how much of what was trained was actually of practical use in battle, and how much was just to give a soldier the illusion that they had an option for every eventuality. The most recent example being the infamous 'duck and cover' drill for surviving a nuclear strike.

Yes, but this is more of a code issue than tactics issue...

Kaunitz doesn't want to come back to this mod guys, so just be easy and forgiving

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

Bad news,sad to hear it.But we have to respect his decission.Good luck Kaunitz maybe you pick it up in the future someday

Quote Originally Posted by Splenyi View Post
    Kaunitz doesn't want to come back to this mod guys, so just be easy and forgiving

I plan to implement very similar approach as Kaunitz had into next version of my mods (both ER and NER), so if you are interested in realistic combat you can check it out when its released just don't expect a copy, while i had same goal as Kaunitz, overall approach is different.

Notker's Avatar Libertus

I hoped 'Kaunitz' would create a mod fitting to his name . Perhaps another SYW mod? ^^

I am going to be working on a mod, but I cannot decide between Napoleon or Frederickan era opinions? Can someone convince me to make up my mind?

agunter999's Avatar Senator

Frederick as there is no mod for it
    Lots of people do napoleonic ones
    Not frederickcan

Also if you do Frederick I will help in every possible way
    If you do nap I won't be as supportive as lme already is there
    Last edited by agunter999; November 24, 2012 at 03:02 AM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112