Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: DOWNLOAD Rome Medieval: Kingdoms (3.1)

Prince Ali's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: DOWNLOAD Rome Medieval: Kingdoms (3.1) NOW!!!! <<<<<<<<<<<<<< RELEASED!!!

maaaaaaaaan alot of problems .....

"The Future Belongs To The Ones Who Prepare For It Today"-MalcomX

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

Default Re: DOWNLOAD Rome Medieval: Kingdoms (3.1) NOW!!!! <<<<<<<<<<<<<< RELEASED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Ali View Post
    maaaaaaaaan alot of problems .....

Lot of problems mean wrong installation, after a proper installation don't forget to read the readme.txt which will make 80% of the related issues clear eg. historical battles are off for now, how to deal with HDR, not to use "test units",,,

Sicknero's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by blazerek View Post
    Yep, the file sizes are definetly correct.
    Sorry to say I'm pretty much out of ideas :-(

File sizes being correct doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't corrupted, but you say you've re-downloaded them several times so I don't know. You could try hash checking them against working copies if you know how to... from your earlier comments, corrupted downloads do sound like the most likely culprit.

If the downloaded files are ok though, then that just leaves something in your RTW installation, though you say you've tried re-installing it, or in Windows itself.

The only other things I can think of, are not properly following the installation instructions properly, or something like UAC perhaps in W7. Or even something like files being set to "Read Only".. Or an over-enthusiastic anti-virus or firewall... like Comodo FW with its "Defence+", can stop files being over-written depending on how you use it.

Do you play a lot of mods? If you're accustomed to installing and playing mods, then I'd guess it has to be either the downloaded files or the RTW files... if you aren't, then maybe it's just a question of following the instructions more carefully.

If it was me and I'd ruled out all this stuff as causing the problem, then my next step would be to try a different copy of Rome if you can beg or borrow one, and then a different PC entirely, just as a means of isolating/identifying the problem.

Let us know if you get it sussed, your experience might help others anyway.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by blazerek View Post
    The error i got was:
    Rome Medieval Kingdoms has not totly been installed because of the following reasons:
    Cannot create following file:
    C:\Users\Desktop\New Folder\RomeMEDIEVALMod\sounds\music\RM_Intro_Fr??ic_Mesnier.$$A

You will have to run this utilty again to completly install Rome Medieval Kingdoms.

Please help, i tired running as a admin, tried using compatability but it doesn't work.
    why is it trying to put this on your desktop? is the instal path correct? are there any errors on the small instalation screen as it puts itself together?

Do I have to download all the 7 parts??

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

Yes. Yes you do.
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

blazerek's Avatar Foederatus

I already tried installing to thw RTW folder before, it messed up badly so I had to do a clean install of it. I have always had the same problem with the version 3.0 mod, but when I install it somewhere else it works. With this 3.1, no matter where I install it, it just doesn't seem to work.

blazerek's Avatar Foederatus

Oh I tired withg both the extractors, 7zip and winRar but it still gets the same result. I also redownloaded all the files many times to see if it was corruption.

Artifex

Many have tried and installed RM3.1 successfully, so I doubt it would be installer's issues. I have no idea what's causing you problems though.

I need some help getting this download going. I really have zero idea how to download this mod, do I save the files directly to my computer and then open each one in order 1-7? Sorry for being out of touch.
    "Suffer little children," said the controller.
    -Brave New World

Artifex

Simply download all of them in one folder, then extract the first part. It will autoextract the rest of them.

Then run the installer.

extract the files to this folder?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Total War\Rome - Total War
    Last edited by vae victus; April 29, 2012 at 12:32 AM.
    -Brave New World

Artifex

Not really. You can extract the files anywhere, then you'll get an installer (.exe). Just run it to install the mod.

i ran the installer, but i cant for the life of me find where to launch the game. i see all the other folders though : ( im pretty terrible at installing mods
    -Brave New World

Artifex

After that you'll need to create a shortcut:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of The Knights View Post
    The Shortcut, from Rome Total War folder:
    a. create a shortcut of RTW.exe
    b. rename it to Rome Medieval Kingdoms
    c. right-click on it > properties
    d. in Target blank, replace RomeTW.exe" with RomeTW.exe" -nm -mod:RomeMedievalMOD -show_err
    (copy it from here)
    e. go to "Change icon". Browse to your RTW folder and get into "Optional Icon" folder. Pick the Rome Medieval icon.
    f. Accept the changes and then cut the shortcut from the Rome Total War folder and past it wherever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Soarin' View Post
    After that you'll need to create a shortcut:
    I'm curious ... how come using Alexander to play RMK needs "-noalexander" in the command line switch, but playing it with the RTW engine doesn't?

Artifex

Well, if you don't, you won't be able to run battles. I'm not sure why, but magic is as magic does, just funny that way

Quote Originally Posted by Soarin' View Post
    Well, if you don't, you won't be able to run battles. I'm not sure why, but magic is as magic does, just funny that way
    Aha. Thank you.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

-noalexander is basicaly telling the exe that its own original game folder is not going to used this time around .....thus allowing any submod to gain access to the path way , its important , if you dont put it in you usualy get blocked from starting a campaign on the menu screen , also i have found that alexander disk/game does not even have to be installed , someone could send you the alex.exe and you could copy it to your main folder then copy it to the desktop change the target line and run a mod from it........i use this engine on every mod and have found it to be the smoothest more{slightly} smarter engine , it uses sea invasions a lot and it is the only engine that can actualy RE-TRAIN ITS OWN TROOPS although i have found the BI engine to be a more aggresive engine so it depends on what kind of game the player likes,when i was testing RMK 3.1 on the original RTW engine i was getting crashes left right and centre , it was hardly able to run on the RTW engine , switched it to ALEX.EXE played for hours without and ctd

Artifex

Glad that I can help.
    @Granto: Thanks for the clarification. Still, Magic sounds better though