Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Shogun 2 Alternative Launcher

Default Re: DarthMod Shogun 2 Alternative Launcher

Quote Originally Posted by Thranton View Post
    I want to say your Download link isn't updated to the latest version. Reason why I say this is because you stated that the ability to change user.script manually is under the options tab. Yet I only see the check for updates and about (which is greyed out).. Also, I don't know if this is a darthmod bug or not, but I have the user.script set to x2.0 (using this launcher), but I still only get 1.5?? Any reasons why this could possibly happen..
    Sorry about the link. Apparently, the forum doesn't like to update the link when I straight copy-paste it into the edit post, so it was redirecting to an older version although the text of the link was reflecting the new version. It should lead to the correct place now.

I'd also like to introduce a snapshot of the aesthetic changes in the next version:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Remember, this is still a W.I.P., so anything's abound to change. I also still need the assistance of a graphical designer to create some assets for this launcher. PM me for more information.

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

Looks nice even if I don't use the launcher.

If I'm allowed to criticize you..I'd redo the size for each option, bit smaller.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Quote Originally Posted by valky View Post
    Looks nice even if I don't use the launcher.

If I'm allowed to criticize you..I'd redo the size for each option, bit smaller.
    By size, do you mean horizontal, or vertical size? I've made the vertical size larger so then people can more easily see the descriptions.

I like the background, much better then just plain white. But if I must suggest something. Get rid of the white in the txt boxes, make the lettering a bit bigger as well since if you do get rid of the white that is still there it'll be hard to read for some people. But! Good start You're on your way of becoming Darth personal launcher creator

I like the background, much better then just plain white. But if I must suggest something. Get rid of the white in the txt boxes, make the lettering a bit bigger as well since if you do get rid of the white that is still there it'll be hard to read for some people. But! Good start You're on your way of becoming Darth personal launcher creator
    The little khaki-ish color boxes are there temporarily, just something used as a placeholder while I desperately look for someone to help me make the proper images to fit in them. It'll be gone soon, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf80 View Post
    By size, do you mean horizontal, or vertical size? I've made the vertical size larger so then people can more easily see the descriptions.
    I believe he means horizontal? since off/on (most options) don't need all that extra wasted space.. If this can't be done (because of the Oda clan mod having longer txt), you could just put them as buttons? Something liek this (going to be very crude sketch on the forums lol)

Modification on off
    Units Size () ()

Additional Garrison () ()

etc etc etc..

and when you got down to the Oda Clan Boost you could keep it as a scroll down menu for it being different then on/off and longer text...

vertical (<-self-slap)
    IMO, it's currently a bit too eye-catching and if resized you'd reduce the need to scroll for the other options. I prefer stuff presented to me on 1 single page, without clicking, scrolling or doing other business...clean/clear&simple ^^ but that's just my humble 0.02€

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Quote Originally Posted by valky View Post
    vertical (<-self-slap)
    IMO, it's currently a bit too eye-catching and if resized you'd reduce the need to scroll for the other options. I prefer stuff presented to me on 1 single page, without clicking, scrolling or doing other business...clean/clear&simple ^^ but that's just my humble 0.02€
    Sure, I'll see what kind of compromise I can come up with, since 0.02 Euros is like...3 cents.

Great work lonewolf80. Very nice to see how quickly you were able to put this together after the thread regarding the launcher a few days ago. +Rep for you.
    Ever to conquer, never to yield...

I am perfectly fine with the way it is right now, but I wonder how much harder would it be to implement a on/off switch to options, instead of a dropdown list. Not sure if it would be for the best though.

Quote Originally Posted by Defensore View Post
    I am perfectly fine with the way it is right now, but I wonder how much harder would it be to implement a on/off switch to options, instead of a dropdown list. Not sure if it would be for the best though.
    Actually, that's what I had in mind for a while. I'm waiting for a graphical designer to show up (or if enough time has elapse, I'll make one myself) before I actually implement that, since I have some nice plans for it.

soveliss99's Avatar Civis

i am still crashing with this new launcher at splash copyright screen

*out of context snip*... I'll make one myself) before I actually implement that, since I have some nice plans for it.
    You shouldn't wait then, cause I like your simplicity. GFX stuff tends to overkill things sometimes, and in case of the launcher I'd really only use (maybe) another background, but even this is only very very minor.

For example the E:TW launcher, I'm forced to go thru roughly 3-4 screens while changing 1 simple option. I really don't care, which background is chosen - it'd be a naked girl so it 'd take even longer to find the option ^^. But I do care about the order, like is it important to use that secondary screen and NOT to place the options on the other screen and so on.
    hope you get my point.

But I have no right to type in here (my launcher is TotalCommander & the 'copy the pack-file to shogun 2/data-button' ^^), I'm just tracking your project

Another 0.02€ (uhm, why is it ~3 cent in $ ? shouldn't it be more like 1.4 cent? anyway, it sums up )

Lonewolf.. I don't know if it's just me but I think your download link is still broken for some reason.. The launcher still hasn't updated for me (no option to change user.cript under options)?? Confused here

Lonewolf.. I don't know if it's just me but I think your download link is still broken for some reason.. The launcher still hasn't updated for me (no option to change user.cript under options)?? Confused here
    You are absolutely right. Sorry about that, but the previous build was built on top of the initial build, which did not have that function, so the option wasn't kept. I've uploaded version 0.0.1.3, which should have the button now, as well as many fixes for errors that might terminate the program prematurely.

You are absolutely right. Sorry about that, but the previous build was built on top of the initial build, which did not have that function, so the option wasn't kept. I've uploaded version 0.0.1.3, which should have the button now, as well as many fixes for errors that might terminate the program prematurely.
    Thanks Lonewolf!! The Launcher is literally.. 90% perfect

Extremely user friendly since it tells you what is enabled.
    The look is better then what was before, giving it that traditional look and what not but could use improvements with the baige? (bad with secondary colors) box that is around unit size etc.
    The "Launch Total War: Shogun 2" button actaully works for me haha, which is a complete bonus!

The only thing that should be second on your list to change with the launcher, as people have said before including me is add buttons instead of scroll down menu. Other then that, +1 for you man great work. Keep it up.

SORRY for double post but can't find edit button..

In the graphics tab when scrolled over Clan Retexture and Unit Variety.. The descriptions are switched..

Just noticed something: The "Vanilla Handicaps" and "Vanilla Garrisons" are inverted relative to their descriptions. That is, with the way the launcher currently describes the options (more garrisons, less AI cheating), having both options set to ON should actually use the darthmod_shogun.pack file, while having them OFF should use darthmod_shogun_vanilla_hand_garr.pack. Either the description/title should be changed to reflect the actual effects of these options, or the option-to-pack matching switched around so that enabling both uses the default pack, enabling only garrisons uses the vanilla_handicaps pack, etc.

SORRY for double post but can't find edit button..

In the graphics tab when scrolled over Clan Retexture and Unit Variety.. The descriptions are switched..
    Can someone else confirm this? On my build, it seems to be working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranker View Post
    Just noticed something: The "Vanilla Handicaps" and "Vanilla Garrisons" are inverted relative to their descriptions. That is, with the way the launcher currently describes the options (more garrisons, less AI cheating), having both options set to ON should actually use the darthmod_shogun.pack file, while having them OFF should use darthmod_shogun_vanilla_hand_garr.pack. Either the description/title should be changed to reflect the actual effects of these options, or the option-to-pack matching switched around so that enabling both uses the default pack, enabling only garrisons uses the vanilla_handicaps pack, etc.
    Thanks for the info. I've updated the launcher to reflect these changes.

Sorry for all the updates, the code right now isn't quite as polished as I would imagine. Thanks for bearing with me though =).

Can someone else confirm this? On my build, it seems to be working fine.
    Seems to work fine here too.

Sometimes the mouseover event gets delayed or, if your system isn't particularly responsive because it's busy with other programs, might get skipped entirely. Perhaps it was simply a bad case of crappy coincidence.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast