Current Launcher Version: 0.0.1.5Information:
FOR USE WITH DARTHMOD 4.1+++
Although Darthmod is a comprehensive set of useful mods that change aesthetics and gameplay present in Total War Shogun 2, it's many options can cause headaches and confusion for users. While a new launcher is sorely needed, DARTH VADER's expertise lies within modding. Therefore, after certain suggestions and comments from the community, I have decided to create a launcher with a cleaner, (hopefully) easier to navigate interface that will help enhance players' Darthmod experience.
Currently, the launcher supports all current mods available with the Darthmod: Shogun II package. In addition, we have added features that save your current and custom settings, to allow you to change them (almost) on the fly, so you can switch between profiles at ease.
Future planned features will include a more modular code to allow Darthmod submod authors to integrate their mods within the launcher, as well as a better looking GUI.
Installation and Usage:
- Download the archive from one of the following links available in the "Download" section below.
- Unzip the entire contents of the folder to your "DMS" folder (by default C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/total war shogun 2/data/DMS/)
- **IMPORTANT** Since the launcher cannot current import information from the old Darthmod launcher on which mods have been activated, you will have to launch the official Darthmod Shogun 2 launcher, and disable all mods (click on "disable to play vanilla").
- Launch the alternative launcher and enjoy!
To uninstall this launcher, remove the following files and folder form your Darthmod Shogun 2 directory:
- DarthMod Shogun 2 Alternate Launcher.exe
- /desc/ folder
Download and Changelog:
Post them here. If it's a bug, please list the steps to reproduce them (if reproducible).
How Can I Help The Project?
Currently, I'm in need of a graphics artists to create graphical assets for the launcher.
Also, I will need people to create better descriptions for each option in the launcher.
Contact me for more information.