Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: ME3 Multiplayer Thread

Default Re: ME3 Multiplayer Thread

Bioware has messed up going live with N7 Day, apparently, so it's now live and extended to Friday.
    You get one pack containing an ultra-rare and some unimportant consumables for free, and the special challenge is to extract three times with a human character.

I got the Particle Rifle in my pack and tried it out for the three extraction games on my human soldier. Fun gun (on Bronze, at least), and having infinite ammo is quite a boon, provided you manage to stop firing before you empty your magazine completely (as the rifle doesn't need the long reload animation then). If you do empty your magazine, a timely adrenaline rush even makes the gun regenerate without reloading, though using it while firing for a massive firepower increase obviously is the better option.

Still, even though it burns enemies to cinders like nothing, it doesn't quite have the "oomph" feeling of a real heavy assault rifle like the Revenant.
    Last edited by Tankfriend; November 07, 2012 at 02:14 PM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Until what time on Friday?

I got the Typhoon in my Loyalty pack. 2/3 way through the N7 challenge.

It's going to end at 8:00 AM PST on Friday, so that should be 16:00 GMT, I think. In any case, the social network page has a countdown, in case you want to look it up.
    Last edited by Tankfriend; November 07, 2012 at 03:20 PM.

Content Emeritus

Is it supposed to give a Commendation Pack or just the banner?

You get the pack for free. The banner is awarded for the challenge.

Content Emeritus

Can't wait to try out the GETH TROOPER.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Got the N7 Challenge! This one was pretty easy to get.

Content Emeritus

I think I'm going to color my Trooper like a Geth Pyro.

How do you unlock more customization abilities for a character, in terms of aesthetics? The most I can ever do is color the material that isn't the armor, but no light customization, etc.

You have to get more character cards from packs, I think.

Teutonic Warlord's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    How do you unlock more customization abilities for a character, in terms of aesthetics? The most I can ever do is color the material that isn't the armor, but no light customization, etc.
    You have to get more cards for that character out of packs. Each will give you another customization option for that character and experience for the entire class.

My pack had a Black Widow. Wish I had gotten it sooner and gotten a Typhoon instead. Oh well, it was fun on Bronze with a level 1 Salarian engineer. A couple times I killed 3 cannibals with 2 shots, and killed a banshee with no barriers by unloading the clip into her head. I am not sure how much everyone else enjoyed the match, though, since I did most of the killing.

I was also rather lucky on Sunday. I got both volus characters, the krogan shaman, and the turian ghost. Other characters and weapons, mods, etc., as well. Didn't exactly play my best that day, though.

EDIT: Oh, and I got the Asari Valkyrie last night. Haven't gotten to play those classes, though, except for the two volus and a little with the ghost.

EDIT 2: Oh, and Operation: Blast Furnace this weekend. Kill it with fire! Time for a platinum match with my vorcha sentinel...
    Last edited by Teutonic Warlord; November 08, 2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
    Insert something witty or possibly out of context here.

Ah man.... I can't play this weekend. Crap. Would have been a nice weekend achievement too.

Content Emeritus

AWESOME

Damn when I play it's hard to even find consistent matches. I play two or three matches then sit around forever waiting for players.

I just logged on for the first time in months. Holy cow multiplayer has changed.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    Damn when I play it's hard to even find consistent matches. I play two or three matches then sit around forever waiting for players.
    I reached a point a while back, where I won't even play Gold matches with anyone with an N7 score below 200-250. With scores that low, it's difficult for them to compete alongside seasoned players because they don't have advanced gear or weapons (well, maybe a few), they wind up being an anchor to the group and force others to carry them.

N7 score still only really tells you something about how long people play the game, not how well they play it or how much equipment they have. Take me, for instance: I simply don't waste my time promoting characters, so my N7 level will always stay at about the level you mentioned, yet I still could have every piece of equipment available and play much better than someone with x-thousand points at some point in the future.
    The only things you can rely on are viewing the initial equipment selection of a player and their actual in-game performance, and the former is even falsified by the challenges a bit as people try to grind certain weapons etc.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Bolkonsky View Post
    I just logged on for the first time in months. Holy cow multiplayer has changed.
    We must play together soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    N7 score still only really tells you something about how long people play the game, not how well they play it or how much equipment they have. Take me, for instance: I simply don't waste my time promoting characters, so my N7 level will always stay at about the level you mentioned, yet I still could have every piece of equipment available and play much better than someone with x-thousand points at some point in the future.
    The only things you can rely on are viewing the initial equipment selection of a player and their actual in-game performance, and the former is even falsified by the challenges a bit as people try to grind certain weapons etc.
    Quite true, but not everyone who's around that level has the fully upgraded weapons and mods need with higher difficulties, which grant the bonuses in terms of health, damage, power duration and damage, ect. It can often be the difference between winning or losing a match, based on those bonuses alone, and sometimes, players with lower N7 scores don't survive because of those deficiencies in their stats.

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

Well with my N7 score of 147, I outsurvive and outscore a lot of 500-1000. Over 1000 they usually have no life, so they are quite good, but the best players I've encountered were rarely over 500.
    Patronized by Hader.