Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: ME3 Multiplayer Thread

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: ME3 Multiplayer Thread

Once you get a banner, how do you choose which one to put up? Does a new button appear or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Once you get a banner, how do you choose which one to put up? Does a new button appear or something?
    While in game go to "Challenges", then select the challenge you completed and click "Set Title". Every challenge has different banner and if you haven't completed the challenge the button will be grayed out.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Recently I've been having fun playing as the batarian classes. Any suggestions on builds for these? Specifically, should I go with Damage/Bleed or Explosive Blades Rank 6 Evolution for the Ballistic Blades?

Also, this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by StealthFox; October 30, 2012 at 01:16 PM.

You have found your way into the right class, lad. And yeh, that gif really shows the standard procedure when dealing with Phantoms.

I usually followed this rule: maximum damage/bleed = maximum suffering/satisfaction, but that's just my twisted mind. On silver one salvo of these usually takes down the Phantom's entire barrier. Then you punch her ugly head off and watch as her lifeless body hurls across the floor before slamming into a wall and slumping down like a sack of rocks. Explosion is nice too, good crowd control (double stagger), not to mention it turns enemies into goo. It can also save your life, for example: I once fired the blades at a Phantom and followed up with a punch. Only she interrupted my punch and was about to stab me in the gut but then the explosions kicked in, staggering her. She died painfully soon after...

And even though the heavy melee is very nice, don't overlook the light melee. It can even hit multiple enemies at the same time if they are standing really close to each other (I once took out three Marauders with one combo, boy did I felt like a badass). And it looks cool as hell, especially with a pistol. Just get a shotgun and/or pistol and equip melee stunner and (omni)blade and you're set.

That is a beautiful gif.

Teutonic Warlord's Avatar Semisalis

I prefer the explosive blades, personally. I usually just run up to weaker enemies, fire a salvo, and keep running, letting them blow up behind me. Double stagger is really useful when the blades-heavy melee combo doesn't kill, which is seldom. You can use the second stagger to perform another melee or shoot blades and move on. For weapons, I usually go for the Indra, Hurricane, or Eagle (shotgun could also be good, but keep weapons strong and light for less cooldown if you want to spam blades). I also max out blade armor and keep grenades skill empty. All that turns my batarian into a close range god.

EDIT: Oh, just thought I would also mention that, if you kill a brute with your heavy melee, its head will explode. I didn't expect that when I did it.
    Last edited by Teutonic Warlord; October 31, 2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Free bananas!
    Insert something witty or possibly out of context here.

Got me my first banner: Dog of War.

Next one: Blood Pack.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Thanks for the advice. I'm still undecided, but might go with explosive blades and then respec at a later time to try the damage/bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos
    That is a beautiful gif.
    I love that gif so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Warlord View Post
    For weapons, I usually go for the Indra, Hurricane, or Eagle (shotgun could also be good, but keep weapons strong and light for less cooldown if you want to spam blades). I also max out blade armor and keep grenades skill empty. All that turns my batarian into a close range god.
    Right now I've got blade armor maxed and 3 points in grenades; I don't plan on putting any more points into grenades though. For weapon I've been using my Cerberus Harrier II, which works great for the long distance enemies.... because if anything gets close: ballistic blades then melee.

Don't you play on 360? We should join our Batarians together! I'll PM you my Gamertag.

EDIT: Oh, just thought I would also mention that, if you kill a brute with your heavy melee, its head will explode. I didn't expect that when I did it.

I have to try this now!

Ballistic Blades + Graal Spike Thrower are a nice combination if you want to play the "cover the map in metal spikes" theme straight while remaining pretty efficient, too.

Woohoo, I finally unlocked the Hornet, only took me 7 months of trying! All I need now are the batarian Soldier and krogan Vanguard and I'm golden!

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Ah, so the batguard was released today. He looks like buckets of fun.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

I hate vanguards. I hate Batarians

on a fun side, the Halloween challenge was great - deliver the pumpkin The banner is cool and easy to get

Content Emeritus

There was a Halloween challenge? What was it?

Teutonic Warlord's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    Right now I've got blade armor maxed and 3 points in grenades; I don't plan on putting any more points into grenades though. For weapon I've been using my Cerberus Harrier II, which works great for the long distance enemies.... because if anything gets close: ballistic blades then melee.

Don't you play on 360? We should join our Batarians together! I'll PM you my Gamertag.

I have to try this now!
    I responded to your PM a little bit ago. Also took a little look at your inventory and such. Very nice.
    Anyway, I also saw everything for your Batarian soldier. We differ a little, so playstyles will be a tad different. I always prefer personal survivability for my characters, so fitness always get maxed with the durability and shield recharge options. Same with blade armor. It turns my Batarian into a tank, so I can just run around to get in close with EVERYTHING for explosive blades, melee, and eagle/hurricane. Sometimes I go for Indra and Eagle together so I can have more range before closing.

And the head explosion for brutes is probably similar to other enemies besides the rag doll body. I was never able to actually see the head explode from melee because your melee always hits the body in some spot so you usually can't see it. I only noticed it because I saw the body entirely lacking its head. I really want to see if I can use the Widow to take off their head now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    Here you go: http://blog.bioware.com/tag/me3operation/
    Insert something witty or possibly out of context here.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    1) Extract from Firebase Ghost or hazard Firebase Ghost, 5 times on any difficulty
    2) Kill 7500 points worth of Husks or Abominations
    3) Kill 10,000 points worth of Brutes, Banshees, Scions, or Praetorians

It's still open if you want to try it, but no telling how long it'll be available.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

It's available until Saturday I think. I need two more extractions to finish.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Content Emeritus

lol, did it. That was simple.

The Halloween challenge was pretty fun, what with guarding a pumpkin and all.

Also, I think I'm in love with my Female Human Adept. I equipped the N7 Piranha and the Geth Plasma SMG, and all of her abilities work perfectly with, well, everything.

Non-protected people get a singularity, and armored folk get a warp. I like the Adept almost as much as I do the Vorcha sentinel.

Content Emeritus

Yeah, she's buckets of fun, especially since they buffed Singularity.

How rare is the Piranha?

Best overall shotgun I currently have is a fully upgraded Eviserator. I have the Graal Spike Thrower, the fire rate is so slow that it's impractical, and the Raider looks great apart from the low accuracy, but the damn thing couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if you were standing 10 feet away.