Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: ME3 Multiplayer Thread

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Default Re: ME3 Multiplayer Thread

Just depends on the class.

As Asari Adept (the original) or Human Sentinel you can earn top score doing bascally nothing but pushing two buttons one after the other. Score is a terrible indicator of who is the best player.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Yes, FWGG is nice to farm if you have Overload available, but gold matches still take so long compared to getting a single pack for your money.
    And as you mentioned - if your team sucks, it's pointless to try, especially with the new "slooowly-carry-a-huge-backpack-across-the-map" task.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

OH MY GOD. Reaper Gold is real. I hate banshees. Middle of wave 10. Everyone's downed. I'm left without any rockets. I had to run in circles while setting up biotic explosions for about half an hour while my team shouted USE ROCKETS over the mike. It was TERRIFYING. NEVER AGAIN :'(

But we won!

I'm the Asari Adept.
    Last edited by Legio; June 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Yeah it really depends on where you're fighting them. Glacier isn't a good map for Reapers because it's small any you don't have room to snipe them really. But it's not as bad as Reactor. Getting a hack point in the middle of the reactor on Reaper Gold is HELL.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Possibly one of the worst positions to hold in the entire multiplayer mode, I think. Three entrances, very short distances to the enemies coming at you, almost zero cover and no cover that protects you well to more than one side. That's hell, alright.

Content Emeritus

Yeah, I hate Reactor.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Reactor is terrible. I must say Goddess is my new favorite map

Content Emeritus

Goddess is fun but you have to run from phantoms a lot.

And the extraction zone has cover and no ammunition boxes you can reach without having to storm directly at the enemy.

Content Emeritus

We should get some TWC gold matches running.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

indeed I just need to get some grenade gear for my Quarian Male Engi

I always found cerberus on gold wayyyy easier than geth. The easiest is on firebase white and you just sit at the back so they only come from one direction. How do you deal with geth, as we found it tough when we did it, although we survived through use of rockets. Just so many hunters... I hate hunters... Reapers I just refuse to try as they are so much harder than both the others.

IMHO you cannot beat a team of 3 salarian infiltrators and an asari adept. I'm always the adept as everyone else always wants to snipe, and because few people seem to actually use it well. Asari adept has got to be the best character for gold, I use her with phalanx X and geth plasma SMG as I still get +200% with those two weapons, though I mostly stick to the phalanx. I've seen some people do well with engineers, but I don't think they're good enough for gold compared to infiltrators and asari adepts, they rarely keep up with us on points, although the decoy is useful, but not useful enough to warrant killing far less than the rest of us.

Is it just me or is the phalanx the best all round weapon on the game by a country mile? Its amazing at everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Harry View Post
    How do you deal with geth, as we found it tough when we did it, although we survived through use of rockets. Just so many hunters... I hate hunters...
    On Firebase White, simply bunker down behind the two "tables" in the lowest room facing towards the two doors leading to the landing pad and spam Overload (preferably with the chain upgrade and while using disruptor ammo), and that's all.
    If Hunters or any other Geth survive and get close, you can usually instant-melee-kill them from behind cover. As long as your entire team is working together and covering each other, there's nothing that gets to you, and you even have an ammo box to the rear that you can access easily and without danger.

To be perfectly honest that sounds like it would get insanely boring very quickly. How long does a game take? We do a cerberus gold in 25-30 mins and its good fun too. Gets interesting on wave 8 and 10, as wave 9 seems to be far easier than both. If you don't have a way of stopping phantoms, e.g. stasis, it gets truly crazy at times.

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

To be perfectly honest that sounds like it would get insanely boring very quickly. How long does a game take? We do a cerberus gold in 25-30 mins and its good fun too. Gets interesting on wave 8 and 10, as wave 9 seems to be far easier than both. If you don't have a way of stopping phantoms, e.g. stasis, it gets truly crazy at times.
    well the objectives force you to move, and 5+ Primes is not boring, especially when you can't (or don't want to) use missiles.

But yeah, it's sometimes really really easy depending on what enemies you get and how skillful you team is.

EDIT : but then, that's why it's called farming
    Patronized by Hader.

Content Emeritus

Same. Not had a geth farm take longer than half an hour.

I agree that it gets boring, but at least you don't have to put much work into it just to get through the thing. People are playing it for the money, not for the fun.

Content Emeritus

TWC GOLD must happen! What are your timezones and builds? I think we've all got each other on Origin.

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

I'm out for he next 2 months or so, Summer vacation means no computer for me (well, no good computer that is)
    Patronized by Hader.

What's origin? I'm happy to do it though. GMT with asari adept with phalanx and geth SMG, or salarian infiltrator with whatever sniper I feel like at the time. Does console matter as well or is it only on xbox?