Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-battle unit select UI mod

Icon7 Pre-battle unit select UI mod

Do anyone feel annoyed by the vanilla Pre-battle unit selection User Interface (UI)? I do!!!
    It can sometimes be very difficult and frustrating to select the units you want to add to your army when you're playing with different unit-pack mods.

Therefore I implemented this solution for the released LME4 mod and would also like to make it available to all NTW players, even when they are not playing LME4
    There are two screenshots inserted below showing the in-game result (from LME4 Revolutionary Campaign).

Download the pack here: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/4kt5..._NTW_Mod_Files. Then unrar the attached file to your data folder and it loads as a movie pack (no user script entry necessary).

Note! it will only work if played with a screen resolution of 1600x900 or more!!

If modders would like to use this feature in their own mods, feel free to do so as long proper credit is given!

/iutland

New Battle UI layout:

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Pre-battle unit select UI mod

Great you to share this
    I would +rep but it keeps saying "you must spread some reputation elsewhere before giving it to Iutland again" I +rep kind a few posts.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

EDIT: sorry for douple post!
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Decanus

Icon12 Re: Pre-battle unit select UI mod

Once again you demonstrate that apart from being a Great Artifex you are a Great Gentleman
    Thank you very much for sharing this marvelous UI modifier (very but very necessary indeeed, the vanilla one is really annoying).
    Thank you very much + a more than deserved Rep!

Wow.......unbelievable work. Thank you for this. Looks HOT! hahahaha

Tiro

Nice job. Thanks for putting it up. Works okay in 1600x1200 too.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

When I did that for Masters of Europe last december, I checked it worked with lower resolution (1024x768 ). I think yours may work too, or did you increase the size a lot?

I have exactly 20 icones there, and you also have 20 icons, it doesn't seem like your setup is much bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    When I did that for Masters of Europe last december, I checked it worked with lower resolution (1024x768 ). I think yours may work too, or did you increase the size a lot?

I have exactly 20 icones there, and you also have 20 icons, it doesn't seem like your setup is much bigger.

It was increased it more and with a right offset, so it is a bit bigger. Just a pain to edit

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    It was increased it more and with a right offset, so it is a bit bigger. Just a pain to edit
    I know the UI files are a mess. I think CA could not have made it more redundant and complex even if they tried hard (why can't they make something simple and efficient???).

I'm not sure what I did exactly, but may be I reduced slightly the with of the icon to be sure it would fit.
    Because 66x20 = 1320.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I know the UI files are a mess. I think CA could not have made it more redundant and complex even if they tried hard (why can't they make something simple and efficient???).

I'm not sure what I did exactly, but may be I reduced slightly the with of the icon to be sure it would fit.
    Because 66x20 = 1320.
    LOL, very funny +Rep

I didn't change the icon width and yes math explains the rest

XxGREAT-BRITAINx's Avatar Centenarius
    United Kingdom, Greater Manchester, Stockport, Hazel Grove

Good man!
    Field Marshal Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl Kitchener KG, KP, GCB, OM, GCSI, GCMG, GCIE, ADC, PC (24 June 1850 – 5 June 1916), was an Irish-born British Field Marshal and proconsul who won fame for his imperial campaigns and later played a central role in the early part of the First World War, although he died halfway through it.

REP!

Lycodelphos's Avatar Tiro

Iutland - A major improvement to user interface, +rep, my man! I was wondering if this could be applied to the recruitment screens in the campaign game. Also, how do you change UI card size? I would like to try my hand at replicating the changes from Shogan - FofTS that allows up to forty units but keeps the UI cards at their normal size which is much easier to read and enables the player to use the group feature correctly in pre-battle selection. This will be a big help for those of us who like to play with the larger armies.

L.
    Proud Contributor of: "AGON: REBIRTH OF THE HELLENES" & "Patria Libera"
    "There's such divinity doth hedge a king,
    That treason can but peep to what it would,..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodelphos View Post
    Iutland - A major improvement to user interface, +rep, my man! I was wondering if this could be applied to the recruitment screens in the campaign game. Also, how do you change UI card size? I would like to try my hand at replicating the changes from Shogan - FofTS that allows up to forty units but keeps the UI cards at their normal size which is much easier to read and enables the player to use the group feature correctly in pre-battle selection. This will be a big help for those of us who like to play with the larger armies.

L.
    Thank you Lycodelphos appreciated!

I don't think it will work in campaign game unless the whole UI setup is modded, which is a huge task.

I haven't tried editing the UI cards but I know Steph (post above) has done it and he might give you an advice?

If you can use my files as an outset, feel free to do so.

Cheers
    iutland

Lutland,
    This is truly beautiful tanks for this! Plus rep!!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Any chance we could get this a bit smaller? It JUST fits on my 1440x900 monitor... only just though

Tell, by means of what program this menu was created?

Patrician Artifex

You need
    - PFM to extrac the UI files
    - the tool by Alpaca to convert UI file (no extension) into xml (and reverse)
    - notepad++
    - a lot of patience to find the info

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

whith this mod i cant see completely the screen. if im using some units mod, i cant select some because they dont appear
    LOS PIOJOS
    TODO LO DEMAS NO ES NADA

ROCK NACIONAL

Can you make it so you can clearly see and select units with AUM?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast