Thread: Colour Masks ???

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Default Colour Masks ???

I need to learn how to make / edit colour masks .. Any tutorials around?

I have PS but I'm very much a beginner in using it so if anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: Colour Masks ???

Well the basic colours correspond to primary, secondary and tertiary colours in the tables.

The best way to do it in my opinion is to overlay a low opacity diffuse file then just recolour and use that as a guide. Remember to delete the diffuse before you save though!

Red=clan primary
    Blue= secondary (and generally the colour of the mon)
    green = tertiary (generally used for cloth/underlays, also used for the sashimono colour)

Do not blend the colours or you will get white patches on your units.

I also am curious about this. Do we save them as just as we do the diffuse files or in a different format? All my attempts at editing the colour mask produce terrible results, I am not blending the colours yet on the unit up close it applies the main colour (red) very patchy, and is white zoomed out

Quote Originally Posted by General Cornwallis View Post
    I also am curious about this. Do we save them as just as we do the diffuse files or in a different format? All my attempts at editing the colour mask produce terrible results, I am not blending the colours yet on the unit up close it applies the main colour (red) very patchy, and is white zoomed out
    the same things is happening to me. Does this have to do with the DDS compression format? Anyone know a solution to this problem?