Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun v3.6-3.7 Feedback

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun v3.6 Feedback

Regarding Gunboats: Are they supposed to be so powerful?

I'm struggling to win a battle with my 2x 26 guns ships (these keep bursting into flames after a few hits), 4x 14 guns ships and 2x 3 gun Gunboats against a force of 17x 3 gun Gunboats. I thought my larger ships would just swat them aside! Even the auto-calc has given me the advantage, but, by God!, those little Gunboats are something else! I just can't beat them!

And just why does the AI produce so many gunboats? I'm tempted to say that it knows what I already suspect - that Gunboats very strong for a ship so small...so many of my shells seem to hit, but they repair those ships so quickly...

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by -Zarathustra- View Post
    Regarding Gunboats: Are they supposed to be so powerful?

I'm struggling to win a battle with my 2x 26 guns ships (these keep bursting into flames after a few hits), 4x 14 guns ships and 2x 3 gun Gunboats against a force of 17x 3 gun Gunboats. I thought my larger ships would just swat them aside! Even the auto-calc has given me the advantage, but, by God!, those little Gunboats are something else! I just can't beat them!

And just why does the AI produce so many gunboats? I'm tempted to say that it knows what I already suspect - that Gunboats very strong for a ship so small...so many of my shells seem to hit, but they repair those ships so quickly...
    Bigger ships (in DMS) tend to miss those pesky lil things a lot, and you have to present your vulnerable side to them - while they on the other side hit like a truck and against bigger ships basically not miss ^^
    And it's a vanilla feature, Darth already working on the next version, which reduces the AI-spam for Gunboats and reduces the explosion stuff for ships at all.
    But the current Beta tend to crash/freeze on a turn-switch.

There is an interesting posting on totalwar.com - they even win against Ironclads with ease....(autocalc)

[IMO the gunboat's gun feels more like a modern 120mm gun shooting friggin' AP shells ]
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun v3.6-3.7 Feedback

is 3.7 save game compatible with 3.6 o dark lord of the sith?

Semisalis

Well what i meant in regards to coming of age is the brother is still the same age and not aging etc. and the other brother to. I am 26 turns in and they have not aged like I think they should have Saga clan.

Is this or is it not save friendly?

my guess is no

Your guess is right, freeze after 1st turn from 3.6, just checked it...

Your guess is right, freeze after 1st turn from 3.6, just checked it...
    same was in 3.7 beta, try to play couple of turns of new campaign, save, exit the game , and get back load that save and click next turn , if it will continue , that "bug" has been sorted out, if still freezing , then it obviously wasn't.
    Last edited by c.ryo; April 07, 2012 at 10:36 AM.

like i posted in the forums the RD rate is the exact same. i got the 1st ranking after i took my 1st town on turn 5. something is not right

were the close ambush deployment removed in version 3.7? i just had an ambush battle and the deployment zones are the same as vanilla

has anyone else seen this behavior?

Well... my old save from 3.4 - 3.6 no longer works with 3.7, got the end turn freeze like everyone else. The upside is that a new campaign runs just fine.

Lito's Avatar Civis

About ambushes, every time the ambushed guy spawns under ground, can this be fixed? Pisses me off.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Btw, I have 3.6 running perfect, should I install 3.7 if I play only Sengoku?
    Last edited by Lito; April 07, 2012 at 12:45 PM.

Well scratch that, got my first hang with a new campaign in 3.7. The bug's still very much alive.

Right now a volley from line infanty can only kill 3 men at long range,and 11 men at med range??????guns are even weaker than before,maybe play with projectile is not a good way to balance the power of guns?could you please consider just increase the unit size and morale of melee unit but keep the original firearms performence?
    Last edited by libindi; April 07, 2012 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valky View Post
    Bigger ships (in DMS) tend to miss those pesky lil things a lot, and you have to present your vulnerable side to them - while they on the other side hit like a truck and against bigger ships basically not miss ^^
    And it's a vanilla feature, Darth already working on the next version, which reduces the AI-spam for Gunboats and reduces the explosion stuff for ships at all.
    But the current Beta tend to crash/freeze on a turn-switch.

There is an interesting posting on totalwar.com - they even win against Ironclads with ease....(autocalc)

[IMO the gunboat's gun feels more like a modern 120mm gun shooting friggin' AP shells ]
    Thanks, for the reply. I managed to win my battle after the 6th or 7th try. I misunderstood the purpose of explosive shells (I thought they were simply a damage upgrade - I didn't know that they had a range and accuracy penalty!) and my using them constantly from long distance was what was losing me the battle!

I still feel however that those Gunboats have a few too many HP. I can see that Darth increased the HP for all ships, but did he keep the same HP ratios between ship sizes? And even if he did, isn't it possible that the Gunboat's small size means that it benefits more from an HP increase than the ships in the classes above? God, I hate those little things...

Quote Originally Posted by -Zarathustra- View Post
    Thanks, for the reply. I managed to win my battle after the 6th or 7th try. I misunderstood the purpose of explosive shells (I thought they were simply a damage upgrade - I didn't know that they had a range and accuracy penalty!) and my using them constantly from long distance was what was losing me the battle!

I still feel however that those Gunboats have a few too many HP. I can see that Darth increased the HP for all ships, but did he keep the same HP ratios between ship sizes? And even if he did, isn't it possible that the Gunboat's small size means that it benefits more from an HP increase than the ships in the classes above? God, I hate those little things...
    Me too. The fact that they are hard to hit and can fire while moving towards you unlike every other ship makes them annoying like hell.

On the upside, I did sink a three fleet ship with a gunboat. Luckiest battle ever.
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

[QUOTE=Lito;11288297]About ambushes, every time the ambushed guy spawns under ground, can this be fixed? Pisses me off.

Same here . Good to know that I´m not alone in this misery .

my new 3.7 campaign freezes at end of turn 35 so the bugs still there

[QUOTE=Elchnase;11288654]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito View Post
    About ambushes, every time the ambushed guy spawns under ground, can this be fixed? Pisses me off.

Same here . Good to know that I´m not alone in this misery .

i was having this issue as well but i started a new game with 3.7 and the enemy deployed correctly. so im hoping that problem is fixed.

Did a fresh install of 3.7 and threw together a custom battle between two Yari Kachi charging a Tosa Riflemen and Sharpshooter unit. Only the first rank of each fired at all, and they scored only 20 or 30 kills before the kachi hit them. I thought skirmishers were supposed to have mass fire? As it stands they seem very underpowered, particularly the Tosa Riflemen. Elite line infantry is pretty good though. Had a fun Brit Marines/Imperial Guard vs Yari Kachi slaughter. Both made it to melee range but broke soon after; the kachi lost about half their numbers to rifle fire.

Can somebody take some Armstrongs against a castle wall and tell me if the impact sound is bugged, though? Whenever I hit the wall, even though no troops were there, the sound effect was the wounded troop sound. Like I was catching men in the blast---but there weren't any men... if it makes a difference, I enabled the Atmospheric Sound option.

Speaking of Armstrongs, do they still not have an impact/explosion sound?