Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blue Lotus Mod!! New and Exiting!

Isnogood's Avatar Miles

Default Blue Lotus Open Beta is out (why did nobody tell me)

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=65798

One of the best looking, most interesting mods seems to have been released as open beta today...*off downloading*:eekout:
    Credits:

P.S.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about (shame on you):

Last edited by Isnogood; June 12, 2006 at 05:02 PM.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta is out (why did nobody tell me)

Yes it is.

:eekout:

I will download it eventually just to see all the crazy stuff they did. It looks really good and RTW needs a good fantasy mod.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Spartan1015's Avatar Semisalis

holy crap this looks cool, cant wait to try it out, im like at 6% of downloading, why so slow (is there a lot?)
    "The Spartan Don't Ask How Many, Only Where They Are - Agis of Sparta 415BC"
    Fenix Maximus - Lost Son Of Ares And Aphrodite, Trained By The Gods And Spartans, Everything Else Is Unknown About The Great Hero.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Finally!! I've been following this awesome project since I first got RTW! I cant wait to..do.....screw it, BYE! :eekout:
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

I believe this is the only MOD released so far that has an Asian theme. I love this mod. So far, I've fought Japanese and Koreans, haven't fought Chinese, Monks, Mongols, Demons or India army yet. Looking forward to it.

god that looks good! does anyone have a link? the one posted in the front page doesnt work for me.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by Asean
    I believe this is the only MOD released so far that has an Asian theme.
    Close, but no cigar:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Hehe you beat me to it.

I was just about to post a link! Many thanks to all the TWCenter folks too for all your tuturials and tools. We may not have kept a thread going here but that was more down to lack of resources than anything else. Hope you enjoy.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default Blue Lotus Mod!! New and Exiting!

Hoggy of Blue Lotus has announced his first download of Blue Lotcus.

Active Download link (21 Aug, 2011)
    In his own words:

BLUE LOTUS OPEN BETA V1.0
    Mod for Rome Total War 1.5

Mod
    Download: http://lordz.thelordz.co.uk/download..._BETA_V1.0.rar
    Size: 300MB aprox

Music patch
    Download: http://lordz.thelordz.co.uk/download...OTUS_MUSIC.rar
    Size 90MB aprox

Many thanks to the Lordz for providing download support.

Blue Lotus is a fantasy mod derived from the history and mythology of China, Japan and India. The map is a distorted map of Asia which is being encroached upon from the west by a huge force of demons and mythological creatures. With over 120 new units, factions include Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Demon, Korean, Mongol and the Monks. All the factions are warring for control of the world and to gain the ultimate prize… The Blue Lotus

VERY IMPORTANT INSTALL INFORMATION:

1. Install clean version of RTW (NOTE BL overwrites RTW so best to make a seperate copy)
    2. Download and install patch 1.3 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
    3. Download and install patch 1.5 http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm
    4. Download Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool. http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=mod&id=43
    5. Copy the contents of the unpaker into Data/packs in your clean version of RTW 1.5.
    6. Run the .bat file and let run completely. this may take a while. After its done you'll see a new data folder in the packs directory.
    7. CUT or MOVE (not copy) this new Data folder and paste it over the root Data folder allowing it to overwrite everything. NOTE: There should be no Data folder left in Packs.
    8. Go back to the packs folder and rename all the pak files remaining (except the patch_0 and patch_1) You can just rename them with a couple of xx in the front ie sprites_1.pak rename to xxsprites_1.pak
    9. Download Blue Lotus and copy it's Data folder over the Data folder in the root.
    10. Install music patch (see readme in music download for install instructions)
    11. Run Rome, go to Imperial Campaign. Enjoy. REMEBER TO SAVE BEFORE EACH TURN. Random AI crashes can occur in this version.
    12. Please report bugs at the Blue Lotus subforum.

NOTES:

Copyright: Blue Lotus is not supported by CA and is a non profit making enterprise. This is a Beta version and may be buggy. All images and contents are copyright of their respective creators.
    Feel free to re-use any original BL content in any other non-profit mods as long as the respective artists are credited. If possible contact us for details on authors.

Factions: Blue Lotus has always been designed to be played as the Japanese, Chinese or Indian factions. And is most complete as these factions. The Demon faction is playable but is very easy on the current settings. The Korean and Mongol factions are 'mini' factions ie they have a smaller selection of unit types and have non-unique UI and names etc. They are playable but not as rounded as other factions.

Limitations: Blue Lotus was always conceived as a bit of fun. Fun to make and fun to play. There are many areas where due to lack of manpower and time we have taken shortcuts. This gives a working, overall impression whilst still allowing us to release the mod within our lifetimes. Examples; Cities do not have different building models for every building type, units don't have LODs, 2D artwork for message screens are mostly drawn from historical/illustrative sources rather than hand drawn like the building images. There are very few new animations in game. There should, however, be plenty here to give the feel of a complete Mod.
    Last edited by Ishan; August 21, 2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Updated
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Thanks a million times hoggy.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Omg hoggy u r d best! The units are so detailed and amazing! Well done!

Spartan1015's Avatar Semisalis

its awesome! i know its a beta, but why does it say dionostic messages and doesnt give me some of the files? and when i played as undead samuris thre bodys like stretched out 1 1 line
    "The Spartan Don't Ask How Many, Only Where They Are - Agis of Sparta 415BC"
    Fenix Maximus - Lost Son Of Ares And Aphrodite, Trained By The Gods And Spartans, Everything Else Is Unknown About The Great Hero.

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

Yeah...its awesome. Absolutly brilliant. Shame about the bugs. In a few patches time this is going to be the definitive mod in my opinion. It oozes with quality even in beta stage.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

-4. Download Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool. http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=mod&id=43-
    But this is necessary for this mod,or works fine without too!!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Default Re: Blue Lotus Mod!! New and Exiting!

That's awesome! Gotta DL it as soon as I get home from school(just one more week befopre summer vacation...must prevail).
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

link is not correct, can't wait to try it!

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Link is broken, ill upload it to filefront.com if you want me to.

EDIT correct link

http://lordz.thelordz.co.uk/download..._BETA_V1.0.rar
    Last edited by mac89; June 13, 2006 at 08:28 AM.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Words.. can't ...explain....how ....good ....it ....is..... just had to say that, i've been playing about five hours and only three Ctds,

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

-4. Download Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool. http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=mod&id=43-

I'm playing without I make this pass,and with Indians I've got a CTD after ca.10 turns;depends "vercingetorix'sPak" or other?
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast