Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: pacco's units for BC 3.0

Default Re: pacco's units for BC 3.0

Yes, and Ottomans also covered the lands of Turkmenistan also?
    You are too funny dude...
    Last edited by Farwest; April 12, 2012 at 08:12 AM.

I said statues have no historical value.

There isn't any armors from ancient civilizations (only from excavations and they are not very much) So what we are portraying in totalwar series, especially in RTW are all wrong?

Actually, the visuals of those armors and swords are all described in the old books. There are erected monuments and there are colourful paintings about them, but despite this, there aren't very much portray for the Seljuks. So what can we do?

In my post, I gave what I can give. And I am not interested about your personal thoughts and comments about them..

In the end, we know the shape of Seljuk helmet according to the history books. And it is a conical, in a visual of perpendicular shaped Turkish tent. So what are you trying to discuss is out of understanding.
    Last edited by Farwest; April 12, 2012 at 08:34 AM.

We have miniatures, other visual foundings and written descriptions.

Yes. So read my messages again. I am not saying opposite, and giving examples according to them.

No you're giving examples from Ottoman period and some fantasy statues, these have nothing with foundings.

Are you really that blind?

Or not know anything with Malikshah, Ertughrul Gazi and so on? I am not condemning you for not reading, but you should have seen the pictures, if you have a true heart and eyes.

Thats not the Melikshah's helmet, I don't know where you read such a nonsense, and Ertugrul's Ghazi's statue has no historical value and totally fantastic, how many times should I repeat myself.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

There's nothing to argue about, because pacco creates his units in cooperation with BC team. We have our own research already. Most of equipment of the era is already pretty well known anyway. We know what we're doing.

Besides, that's not a discussion thread. Pacco presents his work here. If anyone wants to discuss anything related to weapons and armour of the era, he should create a new thread.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Icon5 Re: pacco's units for BC 3.0

When the mod broken crescent will be released ? From pictures looks fantastic

Hello, Aw Vincent! Welcome to the forums!

Broken Crescent is already released. The actual version is 2.3. You can find the download link here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=448564
    Please note, that there are two patches for this version.

The new units, you see in the first post of this thread will be released in one of the future versions of Broken Crescent.

Man so much arguing for a tiny little detail. Ok the mod is supposed to be historically right but not that right that you have to check so closely on the units!! Great job pacco. I'm usually not that interested in middle eastern mods but this really keeps me attached. Great job!!! (and i don't say that often)

Excellent work Pacco , some great stuff here ! + rep

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

these looks more like georgian.seljuk infantry musy use rimary weapon as a bow and secondary sword or mace.

Cannibalking's Avatar Biarchus

Beautiful units! +rep

Quote Originally Posted by bordobere07 View Post
    these looks more like georgian.seljuk infantry musy use rimary weapon as a bow and secondary sword or mace.
    Exactly. Heavy (mailed) spearmen doesn't feel like Seljuk. There could be spearmen like this in Seljuk army but I believe they would be rather of local vasal troops origin so they shouldn't be Seljuk in name. I mean Seljuks should be mostly horsemen.

A name of an unit may be changed 100 000 times.

Should we start to name units: "Anatolian Infantry in Seljuk Service" etc.? Adjective "Seljuk" means just that. The Seljuks were a dynasty, a family. They didn't form units out of members of the family. We wouldn't see any formation made of the Seljuk family members.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    A name of an unit may be changed 100 000 times.

Should we start to name units: "Anatolian Infantry in Seljuk Service" etc.? Adjective "Seljuk" means just that. The Seljuks were a dynasty, a family. They didn't form units out of members of the family. We wouldn't see any formation made of the Seljuk family members.
    Anatolian spearmen would be just fine in my opinion. What I mean by Seljuks is the branch of Oghuz Turks under the leadership of legendary Seljuk, who broke off from the Yabghu in late Xc, adopted Islam and moved south where they built own state (first around Jand). So by Seljkus I understand all the Turkmen horde that followed Seljuk and later his heirs. I think that there is more people who understand Seljuks this way

Well, Seljuks were a clan of Kinik tribe, one of many tribes within Oghuz confederation. We have some plans concerning Oghuz tribes, so don't worry, everything will be consistent.

It's spelled sergeant, not sargeant

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast