Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: FoTS Artillery Unit Pack v.3 12-1-2013

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Icon2 FoTS Artillery Unit Pack v.3 12-1-2013

FoTS Artillery Unit Pack

NOW MECH_DONALD BATTLEFIELD SMOKE MOD EFFECTS ADDED

As we know, In Fall of The Samurai, The Artillery, Queen of The Battlefield, Reigns Supreme

...Sadly, FoTS do not offer enough type of artillery...which my mod hopefully will...
    I find the leap from Wooden Cannons into Rifled Wrought Iron and Steel Cannons a bit too... abrupt. May these become some decent stepping stones...

NEW UNITS

First, some basic, decent siege units a Daimyo could field...
    -----------------------------
    The Return of Fire Rockets.
    -----------------------------
    Surely a Tube shooting Wooden Rockets would be more easier to produce for a Traditional Daimyo than Casting Cannons...

Bo Hiya Zutsu - Fire Rockets for Medium-Range, Infantry-Portable, Artillery Support...Traditional Technology for a Modern Concept...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Range : 250
    Building Requirement: Artillery Range
    Tech Requirement : Shih
    -------------------
    Second, Mortars
    -------------------
    I've made the unit "Komo Morutaru" for S2TW, and i'll reintroduce them again. The mortars are unique in their ability of firing plunging shells to blast the target from above. Its simple, foolproof design should make them lot cheaper than any Western Pieces. The mortars were one of the artillery unit that could be fired from inside a fort, something Guns cannot do... BAI should find no problem utilizing these when defending a Siege Battle...

Under This Category:

Note: Fixed Artillery
    Range: 500

4 inch Mortar
    Building Requirement : Artillery Range
    Tech Requirement : Arms Deals
    Ability : ROF Boost
    -----------------------------------
    Third, Smoothbore Muzzle Loaders
    -----------------------------------
    I believe, after the introduction of Rifled Cannons, The Western Powers should find themselves with lots of Old Smoothbores. The British swap all of their field artillery with Armstrongs. The French Rebore their smoothbores with hexagonal rifling along the line of La Hitte system. Prussians rely on their Steel Rifled Breechloaders of Krupp C64-67s. After the Civil War, US had literally hundreds of Smoothbores. Why not some enterprising merchants channel those guns to the Orient?

6pdr Light Guns
    They are Smoothbore Bronze Guns, firing solid shots rather than explosive shots, meaning less effectivity compared to howitzers. The guns may feel...less capable than howitzers, But no other Cannon Shots can plow multiple Files by bouncing...

Range
    T1 : 600
    Ability : Canister Shot (T1)

12lb M1841 Howitzers
    These light, mobile howitzers are still a cannon to be reckoned with. Altough short-ranged and comparatively inaccurate against Rifles, their howitzer shells are deadly. And of course they are lot cheaper!

[

12lb M1857 Gun-Howitzer "Napoleon"
    Combining The Explosive Shells of the Howitzer and Range of The Gun into one cannon. Widely Acclaimed as The Best Smoothbore Muzzleloader Cannon of The 19th Century.

Range
    T1 : 600
    Building Requirement : Artillery School
    Ability
    T1 : Canister Shot
    T2 : Shrapnel Shot

-------------------------
    Fourth, Horse Artillery
    -------------------------
    Ever Felt Artillery slows down your Armies on the Campaign? Unlike others, they dont...

Horse 6lb Light Guns

Tech Requirements: Arms Deals
    Building Requirements: Artillery School + Encampment

Horse Howitzers

Tech Requirements: Arms Deals
    Building Requirements: Artillery School + Encampment
    -----------------
    And, Lastly...
    -----------------
    3 Inch Ordnance Rifles
    Lighter Than Parrotts, These Graceful, Slender Black Beauty of Wrought Iron are Accurate and Hard-Hitting.

Range
    T1: 750
    Tech Requirements : Imported Guns
    Building Requirement: Artillery School

OTHER FEATURES
    -------------------
    Fort Batteries
    --------------------
    Never assume the bombarded fort would never shoot back-This Mod grants Fortifications Artillery Garrison...
    Starting from Makeshift Wooden Cannons, Fire Rocket Militias, and up to 4 Inch Mortar and 20lb Cannon Battery
    Besieging Castles would be more challenging....

Fire Rocket Militia
    Artillery Range; Matchlock Towers

Fort Wooden Cannons
    Stronghold; Fortress

Fort 4 Inch Mortar Battery
    Castle; Citadel; Star Fort

Fort 20pdr Cannon Battery
    Artillery School; Artillery Academy; Arsenal; Gatling Tower; Star Fort

--------------------------------------
    Improved Shots and Shells Dynamics.
    --------------------------------------
    Roundshots punch bigger holes in formations than in S2TW (and,... not sure if right, ETW and ETW.)
    Roundshot Impact kicks possibly-injuring pebbles everytime it bounces.

Added Simulated Fuse Defects for Round Shells.(Hey Its hard to set time fuses right...)
    It Could be a dud :

...Or the shells explodes prematurely...(Notice its not a Shrapnel Shot, it lacks Shrapnel Shot's signature Shrapnels coming out in Cone.)

So Interesting situations like this can happen: A Shell Incoming...No it fell short...but wait it bounces, not exploding...Oh, It Bounces over the heads...Is it a Dud? nope, it explodes right over them...

RBL 100pdr Armstrong Siege Gun
    100pdr Siege Gun
    Fixed Heavy Siege Artillery. Could fire across most Battlemaps, but immobile, expensive, cannot traverse, and only have limited movement points in Campaign Map.

Some may prefer not to use this unit, So i put them in a Separate Pack.
    Note: Fixed Artillery.
    Stats
    Range : 1000
    Cost : 3000
    Building Requirement : Arsenal
    Tech Requirement : Improved Defenses
    Garrison: Star Fort

FOTS Artillery Tweaks v.3
    Changelog:
    -Increase Parrott and Armstrong Guns Range to 750, but with a small decrease in accuracy and reload time

-Decrease Wooden Cannon Range to 400

-Increase Parrott and Armstrong Pulling Horse to 6. Realistically, 2 Horse wouldn't be strong enough. Gameplay wise, better mobility for Artillery.

-Orbital Artillery Fix
    Long Range Fire Support now come in shallower angle, not Orbital like Vanilla.

-Shrapnel Shot Replaced By Canister Shot
    Canister Shot Range: 200

-Parrott and Armstrong Gun Maximum Elevation Reduced
    Now Fires in Shallower Angle.

NOW MECH_DONALD BATTLEFIELD SMOKE MOD EFFECTS ADDED I Personally Recommend This Mod

Credits:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The entire American Civil War Mod Team.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1627
    Especially for
    Primergy - Modeller
    shokh - who gave me permission to use the Models

Mech_Donald - for Battlefield Smoke Mod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=530923

Without them this mod would never be realized...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DOWNLOAD

FoTS Artillery Unit Pack T1

Includes Tweaks V.3 and Battlefield Smoke Mod; Modify existing stats

FoTS Artillery Unit Pack T2

Similar to T1, But Without Battlefield Smoke Mod

FoTS Artillery Unit Pack T3
    Special Packs Tailored for DarthMod and RadiousMod
    DISCLAIMER: NORMAL SOUND FIX PROVIDED WILL NOT WORK IF YOU USE THE ARTILLERY MOD.

FoTS Artillery Tweaks V.3
    - [Mod] - [Movie] -

FoTS 100pdr Siege Artillery
    - Mod - [Movie] -

NOTES
    Keep In Mind, that adding new units means embracing the risk of getting The Infamous Sound Bug...Should that happens, use Sinfonia Semplice Tool. Download Here. Any Questions, Comments, and Reports should be posted There, not Here.

As Per August 2014, some of the mods in this thread are not up-to-date with the one in The Steam Workshop - Wait till they are uploaded here.

S2TW Mods FoTS Artillery Unit Pack - S2TW Sengoku Jidai Artillery - FoTS Tactics and Uniforms - Saya : The Sheath of The Blade -Building a Nation
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; August 15, 2014 at 02:52 AM.

Default Re: FoTS Artillery Unit Pack

Definitely what FOTS needs!
    The gap between wooden cannons and parrot guns is just too big in terms of effectiveness!

i'd like to perhaps see unit caps and perhaps some regional variations/bonus to arty and also depending on which foreign ally you have...

would it be far fetched to introduce say a counterpart to say a gatling but a british version if it existed? something along those lines...

is the maxim machine gun the right period?
    Last edited by Totalheadache; April 03, 2012 at 09:42 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

The French got Mitrailleuse, but there is no appropriate models. The problem is i could only use the models i show in the OP.

For Artillery Types per Western Nations:

US had Gatling, Rifled Muzzle Loaders (Parrots and 3inch Ordnance), Smoothbore Gun-Howitzers (Napoleon); but imports Breechloaders from the British on ACW.

The British replaces almost all their cannons with Armstrong guns.

The Franch had Small number o Mitrailleuse and Reffye Breechloaders, and La Hitte Rebored Muzzleloaders(into rifles).
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; April 03, 2012 at 10:08 AM.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

I'm amused that CA left the ntw/etw cannons in fots as well as the limbers XD.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

*makes a mental note of a reminder to bring weirdoascensor to the WWI/Samurai mod just like what Erwin did earlier in Seki campaign mod*

I shall make a Mortar Chiyodagata Gunboat... its okay, i would not use homing mortar shells of older titles...
    Perhaps adding artillery Garrisons?
    Maybe make Hale Rockets? but i cant decide for the launcher... and there is no appropriate projectile model... Damn ,why couldnt CA model Ogival Bolts for Rifled Cannons? Should i Use Torpedo model?

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    I'm amused that CA left the ntw/etw cannons in fots as well as the limbers XD.
    Is....is that.......is that DLC I can smell coming?

------

Serious note: For forts/castles etc to have mortar batteries for defence. Perhaps as a building similar to cannon/gattling towers.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

I will only accept rockets if they are fueled by salami.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Dude I love you for this

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Great mod! In my anti-modern Shogun play through I felt annoyed that there wasn't any smoothbore outdated cannons only those infernal wooden things

Indefinitely Banned

Mortar batteries for castles eh... I cant make towers...but i can assign some kind of artillery garrison. The problem is, I dont know how the BAI gonna place those mortars in the castle...

I once thought to add 6pdr Light Guns; and Coastal Battery guns as Siege Artillery...but the 6pdr model looks too Napoleonic with its two plank carriage construction, and round solid shot firing light guns are already obsolete by the time of ACW... and for Siege Artillery, i think existing artillery were powerful enough...
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; April 05, 2012 at 01:38 AM.

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

I know this is a unit pack mod but I think the accuracy and damage of Parrots and Armstrongs should be slightly decreased because they get hits 90% of the time and in the Civil War artillery only accounted for 10% if most battle casualties. Artillery is mostly a moral weakining weapon and Parrots were used in the Civil War and Armstrongs used basically the same type of rifled shells.

you are a godsend 3 types of cannons wasn't enough hope this turns out as well as your sengoku motor mod

One word: Great! I would like to have the mortars and the 12pdr gun-howitzers . Will you get rid of the gloss?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    One word: Great! I would like to have the mortars and the 12pdr gun-howitzers . Will you get rid of the gloss?
    Oh, the gloss? I actually took those pictures for a long time ago... When i made the mod "Komo Morutaru" i've found that there is NTW artillery model in S2TW...CA for some reasons left them there. Howitzers have no place in Sengoku period of course, but mortars actually reached Japan in 1600s by Dutch Traders before the Sakoku, so i could give some excuses to mod it in.
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; April 06, 2012 at 07:35 AM.

Hi
    sorry if i not understanding but are you plan to change artillery system for factions AND western power. I mean do you plan to introduce one (or more) artillery unit per western power (above marines) ?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by littleleo View Post
    Hi
    sorry if i not understanding but are you plan to change artillery system for factions AND western power. I mean do you plan to introduce one (or more) artillery unit per western power (above marines) ?
    For starts... no...just adding more recruitable artillery unit...
    But perhaps i would do more than that...

For more artillery unit per western powers... i want to do that, but that means i have to use similar models for different pieces, since the limited availability of artillery models...

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    Mortar batteries for castles eh... I cant make towers...but i can assign some kind of artillery garrison. The problem is, I dont know how the BAI gonna place those mortars in the castle...
    What I've seen on the BAIs behavior on the usage of artillery units in castles, it tends to put them near the tenshu and just keep it there. Firing on whatever they can.

They don't seem to shoot at the tenshu so no problems there at least.

I'm guessing similar behavior to the mortars, since they're a siege unit too.

Hi ... are you working on this mod or is it dead ?

i love the idea of this mod ...

Indefinitely Banned

Currently i'm busy with Real Life Issues , so i would not continue my work until...Next week or so... i think...

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast