Thread: [FOTS]Archer sound bug.

Lithuex's Avatar Tiro

Default [FOTS]Archer sound bug.

With the sound pack installed and the user script in the right place, bows make gun sounds when they release their arrows.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Default Re: [FOTS]Archer sound bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithuex View Post
    With the sound pack installed and the user script in the right place, bows make gun sounds when they release their arrows.

Only related to sound mod? Since i didnt touched any bow units soudns and i noticed many other big mods have same issue and they have no sound mods. Its something in new patch and sofar none of the modders were able to find whats the cause of this.

But i am using FotS sound mod in FotS and only bow units - Bow Kachi sounds normal, you sure you do not use this mod in original game or somewhere else?

Winner of the 2011 award: [Shogun 2] Favourite Unit Pack - Radious Unit Pack 1
    Winner of the 2012 mod awards: [Shogun 2] Favourite Overhaul, Unit Pack, Campaign AI and Submod
    Winner of the 2012 modder awards: [Shogun 2] Favourite Modder and DB Editor

SteveD87's Avatar Tiro

Heya Radious! Okay, I've done some extensive testing, though I'm speaking in terms of the SJ campaign ONLY, and this is what I have found since updating to the newest version of your Units Pack 2 mod:
    1. All generals are now using bugle calls in SJ campaign instead of period correct horn, as one would hear in FotS. The reason I believe this to be related to the Unit Pack 2 mod is because I just played SJ with no such sound yesterday before updating today.
    2. Light Bow, Elite Onna Bushi and Bow Nun's WON'T FIRE in any custom battles I've played with them so far, I'm assuming the same would happen during the campaign.
    3. Elite Onna Bushi using bugle as well, I'm still looking to test melee units for this.
    4. I used one of each available bow unit in the roster to find which glitched gunfire when releasing arrows, I only found Bow Pirates in several custom battles to be doing this.
    I know that it could actually be conflictions with other mods, I have heard that if you use Upkeep v5, the gunfire at arrow release is present, and I do use Upkeep v5. I also use all of your other mods for SJ except Recolour mod. I hope some of this helps, and if I see anything in the lines of melee units, I'll be sure to let you know.

SteveD87's Avatar Tiro

I have another to report in terms of a melee unit. Heavy Sword Pirates aren't using the heavy sword from RotS, they're using a nodachi. O.o I double checked your unit image to make sure I wasn't mistaken, but alas, I was not.

SteveD87's Avatar Tiro

Another bug to report, this one is substantial. Multiple units are missing from roster when in custom battle menu, and I'm assuming the same for campaign. Almost all Ninja units missing. Kisho were gone as well?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveD87 View Post
    Heya Radious! Okay, I've done some extensive testing, though I'm speaking in terms of the SJ campaign ONLY, and this is what I have found since updating to the newest version of your Units Pack 2 mod:
    1. All generals are now using bugle calls in SJ campaign instead of period correct horn, as one would hear in FotS. The reason I believe this to be related to the Unit Pack 2 mod is because I just played SJ with no such sound yesterday before updating today.
    2. Light Bow, Elite Onna Bushi and Bow Nun's WON'T FIRE in any custom battles I've played with them so far, I'm assuming the same would happen during the campaign.
    3. Elite Onna Bushi using bugle as well, I'm still looking to test melee units for this.
    4. I used one of each available bow unit in the roster to find which glitched gunfire when releasing arrows, I only found Bow Pirates in several custom battles to be doing this.
    I know that it could actually be conflictions with other mods, I have heard that if you use Upkeep v5, the gunfire at arrow release is present, and I do use Upkeep v5. I also use all of your other mods for SJ except Recolour mod. I hope some of this helps, and if I see anything in the lines of melee units, I'll be sure to let you know.
    I reuplaoded unit packs, please let me know if fire problem when some bow units didnt fire at all is fixed.

Sound problem is very weird issue which is happening to most mods i know, we ar elooking for the problem and how to fix it. I guess this is related to buggie sounds and arrow sounds.

Winner of the 2012 mod awards: [Shogun 2] Favourite Overhaul, Unit Pack, Campaign AI and Submod

Quote Originally Posted by SteveD87 View Post
    Another bug to report, this one is substantial. Multiple units are missing from roster when in custom battle menu, and I'm assuming the same for campaign. Almost all Ninja units missing. Kisho were gone as well?
    Dont understand what you mean by this? Ninja units are only if you use my Unit Packs, original game has only 1 ninja and yes that is removed if you use my Units mod and Unit packs since its not needed.

SteveD87's Avatar Tiro

Okay, that explains Kisho missing. What I mean is, Ninja Hero, Ninja Yari, Ninja Naginata and a few others are missing from my unit roster in custom battle menu entirely. : ( Blank tiles is all I see where I'm guessing they SHOULD be.

Found the issue with missing units, fixed and uploading new versions now. Test it in 10 minutes and let me know.

SteveD87's Avatar Tiro

Sorry to get back with you so late! I work 3rd shift and had to get a few hours sleep before work. I'm going to check it out now after downloading the new versions.

I know there is this bug, its pretty hidden so it would be nice if anyone could post proper feedback: which mod/mods causing this and on which units exactly. This may help me alot to identify this issue and fix it.

SteveD87's Avatar Tiro

Okay, all units are where they should be. The only two missle units I see causing sound bug is Elite Onna Bushi and Bow Pirates. Here's a list of the mods I use of yours, maybe this will help you out.
    Unit Pack 2
    Unit v9 - special
    Fixes v21
    Upkeep v5
    Naval v9
    Stats v22
    AI v4
    Diplomacy v7
    Garrison v4
    Food+Slots+Replenishment etc. v8
    Technology v3
    Experience v14
    Buildings v10
    Sound Mod for matchlock sounds (SJ campaign)

rasassfrass's Avatar Shashu

ok so i was finnally able to test ur newversion of ur mods i use the units,unit packs, upkeep, garrision, food and slots, naval, stats, and buildings and so from im not having the issue i even tried the bow pirates mentiond in the above ^^^^ post so prehaps its a hardware problem or the sound mod mabey sound mods are bugged since newist pacth?(btw i run the s2,ROTS, and FOTS mods of each at the same time with no issues) prehaps some might need to do a clean install i was only able to test ur new versions for a short period of time after i upgraded my os from 32bit to 64 bit so mabey a complety clean install will help ive had issues caused by mods that were removed (like a load screen that kept showing up from a mod after i deleted it) but im no moder. plus ive heard issues with 32 bit versions of windows with S2 (it caused me to crash every 4 turns in the campaing or after figthing a battle) Hope this info helps

p.s. ur mods have turn S2 from kicka@# to the utterly insane!!!!!

keep up the good work best mods for S2 in my opinion

SteveD87's Avatar Tiro

Hmmm....it looks like some missle units provided by castle garrison in campaign battles also produce the rifle sound when firing. Definitely a patch issue, because it's that old crappy vanilla matchlock sound and NOT your awesome revamped matchlock sounds from your sound mod!

Post here please which bow units exactly have for you musket/cannon sounds. I will be forced to remove them from my Upkeep mod since i cant find any solution what would fix this totaly weird sound issue.

Please redownload original Overhaul or UnitsV9, Unit pack 2 and UpkeepV5 and test the sounds, i switched all mods to mod format type and added scripts to them and it seems to fix sounds for me.

etsmitchell's Avatar Ikko-Ikki

Yeah I'm getting the same problem with Oda Bow Ashigaru, just downloaded the overhaul, kind of scared me cause I thought the Tokugawa had started firing matchlocks on me that I hadn't noticed before.

Yari-hei

Ive got the same problem with the Oda Bows Ashigaru, any fix yet? ive got the latest version of the complete overhaul
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else. - Winston Churchill

If you suffering with any sound problems please use this mod - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=544459

Simply start the program after yo udownload and it should fix your sounds. Dont forget to rerun program every time you change/swap some mods.

Thread Information