Thread: Realm divide in FotS

Default Realm divide in FotS

hi every1 i just got the game and was wondering if there was something like realm divide in the campaign, on youtube i watched a few vids and saw something like a realm divide indicator, however upon reading the discription, i had the idea that it was for the "full scale war" mentioned in the intro. i am going to dive into multiplayer 1st and will try the campaign later on so any heads up some1 could give me? thx in advance

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: Realm divide in FotS

seems once your daimo has enough cred with the shogun/emperor, your faction becomes "vanguard", and then its shogun against emperor factions. theres no auto alliance, but they will agree to alliance without problem.

Thaded's Avatar Civis

Once realm divide triggers(which occurs in the same way as in vanilla, by capturing territory until the bar fills up on the clan management screen) you will be able to choose to be the vanguard for your allegiance or to create an independent republic. Republic is like vanilla realm divide where everyone turns on you including your vassals, where the vangurd option basically unites you and the rest of your allegiance as allies against the opposite allegiance.

Baruk khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

after you vanguard can you change alliegence(sp)?

They must've vastly changed how much Fame you gain, considering in my Tosa campaign I need to capture about a dozen more provinces to win the game, and I'm only at the second or third level of fame...

Thaded's Avatar Civis

Once you pick sides at realm divide you can no longer switch allegiance or become a republic.

Baruk khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

thanks for your replies all!!! ~

however, 1 more question, is being a republic as hard as realm divide in s2? i mean im thinking it would be slightly easier because they shogun and empire will be fighting?
    Last edited by raphael; April 05, 2012 at 03:09 AM.