Thread: Graphic Tablet?

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Graphic Tablet?

Didn't quite know here to place this, but It has to do with images and painting so I figured here would do. Anyway, I am an amateur artist and pretty much all I do is paint and draw, and not to long ago I moved into the digital realm, so that's what I want my tablet for. Problem is its becoming increasingly frustrating to do so with a mouse, pressure sensitivity, strokes are all incredibly hard to do with it and I really want to advance here so I decided that I need a tablet.
    I have heard wonders about the Wacom intuos 4XL, but quite frankly as cool as it seems its horribly expensive for me right now. Other tablets have me worried about screen size and such, but quite frankly I don't know jack about these kinds of things.
    So what tablet would you recommend for an amateur painter on a budget?

Default Re: Graphic Tablet?

Hi saxdude,

I don't have an answer concerning the buying of a Tablet, but i think you could precise the budget that is possible for you to put into this new Tablet.

I think also that, the right place to make this thread would have been : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1110

Good luck.
    Regards,

Skyn0s
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

The intuos 4 medium size tablet is what I use, and for all intents and purposes, it is absolutely perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Well my budget is almost exactly 100 bucks or less, dont mnd if its used if anyone wants to sell it to me And if any mod wants to change this to were it should go then be my guest.
    The intuos 4 medium size tablet is what I use, and for all intents and purposes, it is absolutely perfect.
    Yeah, it seems excellent but its like 200 and so, so its rather expensive.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

THREAD MOVED TO CORRECT FORUM.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

How is a Bamboo create tablet?

Product Designer

I have an intuos 4 medium as well, but it's way to big for my 17 inch laptop imo, I prefer to draw on a smaller area. Even on my larger 1920x1080 screen i use a smaller portion of the tablet.
    From what i know bamboo tablets are great, especially if you want some portability. You should check the specs tho, because it might not have all the options the intuos has (a few years ago they didnt have tilt iirc) and decide if you really need them.

You should find someone with an tablet in your area so you can try one!
    DESARC92 / Product Design
    Once known as MarcelP | Product Designer | Under the Patronage of Legio
    Marcel's Modder's Resources | Tutorials | The Graphics Workshop

OK, well times come and I finally have the money to actually buy It, but I am stuck with only 2 Wacom options:
    Wacom Bamboo Capture Pen & touch Cth470l
    Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch CTH460
    Both cost around the same but quite frankly im really scared because its not like I will be able to upgrade to an intuos anytime soon and far, or anything. So the one im gonna buy is gonna be pretty definitive for a long long time and I want the one best suited for my interests, which is as mentioned before, digital painting.
    So obviously its not gonna be as awesome as the Intuos 4 or 5, but I want it to be good enough for a normal digital artist, if perhaps harder to work around than the Intuos.
    Which one should I go for? I should stress that if I chose these its because the price range is similar if not the same.
    Also, someone suggested me to buy a monoprice tablet which is apparently really good for a cheap price, sadly however around here the only ones available are Wacomm and Genius, and even then Wacom are easier to come by