Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: General Cornwallis's European Invasion (FotS)

Default Re: General Cornwallis's European Invasion (FotS)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanPierre244 View Post
    @littleleo, so you mean your problem could be, a unpatched shogun 2? if yes, then i have to lol actually. shouldnd it be obviouse that you have to has the newest version of a game, for new mods?
    NO ... is not the patch, all is up to date, please read with more attention one of my other post ... i mean french version of the game.

MadGAD's Avatar Foederatus

Found a problem. There is an unique ID for "building to unit permission" (something like 4032, 4033 and so on for every entry of a building-to-unit-aviability). They are sometimes same as Radious Unit Pack 3, so I changed them and it works perfect now. Russian and some other units are crossed by Radious Unit Pack's some unit in his "building to unit permission" by ID number of entry. And also as it counts as "Movie" pack not "Mod" I think and that's way they didn't show in campaign but aviable for custom battles. It fixes that issue for me.

Also check the ID number for units_table.

Quote Originally Posted by MadGAD View Post
    Found a problem. There is an unique ID for "building to unit permission" (something like 4032, 4033 and so on for every entry of a building-to-unit-aviability). They are sometimes same as Radious Unit Pack 3, so I changed them and it works perfect now. Russian and some other units are crossed by Radious Unit Pack's some unit in his "building to unit permission" by ID number of entry. And also as it counts as "Movie" pack not "Mod" I think and that's way they didn't show in campaign but aviable for custom battles. It fixes that issue for me.

GENIAL ! how do you do this ? do you do change the file of this mod or an other (i use TROM mod to) ?

MadGAD's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by littleleo View Post
    GENIAL ! how do you do this ? do you do change the file of this mod or an other (i use TROM mod to) ?
    1) I use last PFM, open british_expeditionary_force2.pack
    2) found "building_units_allowed_tables", expand it,
    3) found "building_units_allowed_tables" and edit it.
    4) Seek part called "Unknown5" - It contains value in format of xxxx where x - some number. It should be like (for example) 4137 or something like that based on number 4.
    5) Change every number to something new, like 6001, 6002, 6003 (different numbers for every entry)... and so on (You should do that over 12 times, it is faster than you could raid your toilet!)
    6) Save your file!
    7) ???
    8) PROFIT!!!
    Good luck! It helps me.

Sorry everyone, there seems to have been a bit of a firestorm here. I have been in exams for the last little while and don't have a whole lot of time right now.

@Don: Yes the colours of the guards has to be brightened it was just an initial colour scheme which is causing me headache right now because it is darkened by the gloss map.

@Others: I do not use radious's unit pack at the moment so I do not know of any conflicts, thanks to MadGad I know where the problem is and I will adjust it for the next release which is a WIP for now.

Quote Originally Posted by MadGAD View Post
    1) I use last PFM, open british_expeditionary_force2.pack
    2) found "building_units_allowed_tables", expand it,
    3) found "building_units_allowed_tables" and edit it.
    4) Seek part called "Unknown5" - It contains value in format of xxxx where x - some number. It should be like (for example) 4137 or something like that based on number 4.
    5) Change every number to something new, like 6001, 6002, 6003 (different numbers for every entry)... and so on (You should do that over 12 times, it is faster than you could raid your toilet!)
    6) Save your file!
    7) ???
    8) PROFIT!!!
    Good luck! It helps me.
    many thanks !!!! i love you lol ... it's ok but the recrute card are bower and not unit that it does ! do you have the same ?

where is this user script your talking about located? totally new here, thanks for the help

can you please remove the scare enemy ability that appears to be attached to a lot of your units? it complete unbalances the game.

Looking at the mod's tables, "Scare Enemies" isn't enabled for any of his units.
    Must be a bug in the mod or in your game.

all these units are using bolt action rifles are their reloading skills higher??

and I can't seem to get this mod to work?

For convenience's sake, I used PackFileManager to change the pack file type into movie type. MUCH more convenient than the mod type.

Marine Artillery could use more cannons though.

great mod! is there a unit description for the units?

The_Nord's Avatar Biarchus

I know this is a foreign units mod, but how about giving some new units to the japanese? Such as infantry Denshutai (think dismounted Shogunate Guard Lancers with rifles), spear-armed Shinsengumi and Imperial Guard Lancers? It would be greatly appreciated! I think it's funny that CA finally came around and made proper european style lances in the game, but the only unit that uses them are the Shogunate Guard Lancers. So maybe some brittish and french lancers are in order too?

I installed this mod but i cant seem to get it to work? I have an american trading port

Cant get the mod working either , downloaded , put in shogun data file , put it in userscript at the very top , started up a new game , and nothing , i have a french trading port but can just see the standard marines , HELP Really want to play these cool new units.

Also an idea for an expansion of your mod , maybe add a Great Britain etc faction , just give them one of the small outlying islands like sado. An ironclad depending on faction and some basic infantry.
    They wont use entirely foreign units because id imagine that they'd recruit from the local populace. They can be their own republic so diplomatic negotiations will be very hard and understandably so.
    Just an idea

If General Cornwallis gives permission I can upload te movie .pack version of the mod. No need to edit userscript!

Got it working
    Is it possible to make the new infantry have bayonets , like IGdood added.
    Id imagine that instead of sabers etc theyd have bayonets

rolfef's Avatar Laetus

If i may request a unit? I request the Queensland Native Mounted Police Corps. This unit is made up of Australian Aboriginies and led by white officers. Out of all the native police forces this was the most brutal, most controversial. This unit was at the heart of the Australian Frontier Wars and fought savagely against their own people. These men were born and raised in toughest land on earth, whether it be the jungles on the coast or the inland deserts. Armed with repeating rifles and revolvers, these men are a force to be reckoned with. Leaving their familiys and communities for the promise of money and a rifle, these men fight for money more than king and country but they are tough, wild and brave soldiers, deadly on both mount and foot, with rifle or hands.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Hmm. I have it set as a movie.pack, and it still won't show up. Not even in custom battles.

I do have some other mods, though. I have one that adds a bunch of artillery, could that be the problem? (Does Shogun 2 have a mod manager that works?)

Hmm, nope. That does not appear to be the problem.
    Last edited by ♘Top Hat Zebra; May 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."