Thread: Death

Icon4 Death

Is this mod death?

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Death

no

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Expect a release within three or four days (and I'm being serious this time).
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Now don't do anything dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Can you show some wip pictures?

@ Jubal_Barca,

1)
    I am really, really hoping you are not just teasing us. Keep in mind that a lot of people are expecting any new progress on this mod

even if they are not posting in the forum. I am counting on you - 3 to 4 days you said. (Pleeease?)

2)
    BTW I want to report a bug. It seems that there is some kind of error with "orc boyz" and "boar boyz". Every time when I try to fight this

units on the battle map (or custom battle) the game crashes. I think this have something to do with their weapons, becouse I explored

a little bit "descr_model_battle" and when I replaced them with something else there is no more CTD's. Here's what i changed:

A)
    for "type orc" -
    WHTW/data/models_unit/orc_peasantd_med_square_shield.CAS, max
    for "orcb" -
    WHTW/data/models_unit/orc_peasantd_med_small_shield.CAS, max
    for "orcspear" -
    WHTW/data/models_unit/orc_peasantd_med_square_shield.CAS, max
    all thease changed to -
    WHTW/data/models_unit/orc_soldiera_med_Chopper_Sword.CAS, max
    (copy-paste from "heavyorc" lines)

B)
    for "boarboy" -
    WHTW/data/models_unit/orc_peasantd_med_square_shield_nospear.CAS, max
    changed to -
    WHTW/data/models_unit/orc_soldiera_med_Chopper_Sword.CAS, max
    (copy-paste from "heavyboarboy" lines)

I don't know if thease files are all problematic, I just changed the lines alltogether. And probably the models of the soldiers don't

represent the correct weapons on the battlefield, but at least I don't have to autoresolve with rebbels. I hope this helps.

3)
    When I am upgrading my barracks I get access to some kind of double sized units instead to units with higher XP. What is the concept

behid this? Is this something lorewise, from the table-top games? Can somebody explain?

(P.S. Please don't keep us waithing in vain. And thanks again.)

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

For the Orcs, when you build the WAAAAAAAAAAAGH building you get huge units of cheap orcs, it's as simple as that. Essentially, the WAAAAGH! is what the Orcs call their huge hordes who then go and pillage the lands of feeble humans etc.

I think all bugs like the one you've reported are now fixed; please correct me if I'm wrong when the new version comes out.

I would post WIP pictures, but I'd rather spend the time getting the mod done faster. I should be able to keep to the time-frame I said, judging by current progress.
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.