Thread: How to change the color of the faction on the map?

Default How to change the color of the faction on the map?

Any help? Thanks.

I try to change colors several fractions on the map. But where is file/line with this parameters?

And last question, I want to change body/armor Kachi units, for use "Samurai" armor/body. I change it, but.. units image was also changed. I change only One parameter So, its possible to change body but, don't change unit image?
    I'm using PFM 2.0.5
    Sry for bad english.
    Last edited by legoras; April 02, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

MacVega's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: How to change the color of the faction on the map?

I am actually experimenting with this right now. I can help with the faction colors part but I am afraid I am currently ignorant on the second part. I haven't experimented with things like that. Since you use PFM, I will assume you understand it's mechanics. You need three files to change faction colors. They can all be extracted from the patch17.pak file if you have the newest fots version. If not grab the latest patch.pak file (highest number) to get these files.

Here are the Summary of my results of editing faction colors so Far.

Factions_Banners_Tables: Here you edit in battle banners.
    You will need to edit both boushin_(faction name) and cb_(faction name) for Fall of the Samurai
    You will need to edit both (faction name) and gem_(faction name) for the other releases {I am not 100% sure on this but it appears to work the same way.}

First Set of RGB Values (First 3 Columns): Appears to change the border of the in battle banner.
    Second Set of RGB Values: Might change center color but have not had success with this part yet.
    Third Set of RGB Values: Appears to change central icon color

Factions_Uniforms_Tables
    You will need to edit both boushin_(faction name) and cb_(faction name) for Fall of the Samurai
    You will need to edit both (faction name) and gem_(faction name) for the other releases {I am not 100% sure on this but it appears to work the same way.}

First Set of RGB Values (First 3 Columns): this and the second set of colors should always be the same value don't worry the main color changer is in the third db file i have listed below. This is your primary color.
    Second Set of RGB Values: Same as the first.
    Third Set of RGB Values: Make this your secondary color.

Factions_Tables: Most important

RGB1: This alters the color of the province belonging to the respective clan on the mini-map.
    RGB2: Changes the main cloth color of the unit. This is the primary unit color.
    RGB3: Changes secondary color
    RGB4: Changes secondary color (haven't tested yet keeping it the same as secondary color but might actually be tertiary)
    RGB5: Appears to be tertiary color but haven't yet changed it form the base value of white
    RGB6: Appears the same color as RGB5 but may be yet another set of colors.

As I said I am still experimenting but this should help you on your way.

Default Re: How to change the color of the faction on the map?

Thanks for this long post