Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bayonets, tips from modders of ETW/NTW?

Default Bayonets, tips from modders of ETW/NTW?

Hello,

I've been trying to figure out what makes the game "Add" bayonets to a unit. In ETW, researching technologies eventually adds a bayonet to units that can field them.

What entry makes it happen? Seems that in the unit_stats_land table of ETW and NTW the column "melee weapon" seems to make the distinction.

For example, a unit that can use bayonets will have "plug_bayonet" as the entry in the column. Light infantry would have "rifle_butt" and in other cases "sabre".

In Shogun 2, almost all units have "Sabre" in the column, which means they use the sword model in melee. I changed it to "plug_bayonet" and unfortunately it didn't do anything to the units in-game. They still use katanas.

What am I doing wrong? The bayonet models must be somewhere if they have them in the cutscenes....

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: Bayonets, tips from modders of ETW/NTW?

You have the following problems:
    1: No bayonet animations
    2: No bayonet models (cutscenes are pre-rendered)
    3: Different equipment system in game to ntw/etw

Essentially what I'm trying to say here is its impossible, you don't have anything you need.

Ah, that's a shame. I was hoping I can find something since they had models for the cinematic characters (farmers, straw hats, etc...)

Was going to fix #1 by giving them yari animations.

Thanks for the answer.

I wonder why CA don't bring bayonet model and animation combat to Fall of the Samurai. A tech said "Thousand bayonet protect Emperor" but in combat all modern and elite unit use katana even the Western mercenaries .

ähhhm this is more a question than a suggestion.... is it possible to put the melee animations of naginata/spear units in place of the sword animations for rifle infantry, so then they would use their rifle like a naginata/spear????

Quote Originally Posted by Georgi Schukov View Post
    ähhhm this is more a question than a suggestion.... is it possible to put the melee animations of naginata/spear units in place of the sword animations for rifle infantry, so then they would use their rifle like a naginata/spear????
    Considering how the yari animation looks...I'm afraid it would look a bit ridiculous with a rifle.

Considering how the yari animation looks...I'm afraid it would look a bit ridiculous with a rifle.
    well, no one knows for sure until it`s been tried.
    i could live with a decapitation through bayonet..... i think.
    when considering the history, starting in the 18th century "sword bayonets" where mainly used.
    link:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

these bayonets had a size of of quote: "58 centimetre (23 inch)" and where puposed for infantry fights against cavalry.
    and also considering the rifle size (from wiki)
    In 1886, the French Army introduced a 52 cm (20 in.)-long quadrangular épée spike for the bayonet of the Lebel Model 1886 rifle, the Épée-Baïonnette Modèle 1886, resulting in a rifle and bayonet with an overall length of six feet (1.83 m).
    so when thinking that the yari animations would be problematice because of the larger size of the yari compared with the rifle, there might be an excuse for just enlaring the size of rifle and bayonet to 1.83m.
    (and yeah i know that 1886 is not 1868)

if no one wants to try and if there is a toturial on how to change animations and weapons skins here, please show me the link, and i`ll try it

Well I can try to make them use rifle models with yari animations in melee one of these days.

of course there is in this game a rifle with a mounted bayonet .... , you just need to learn how to put it in game

See, that was what I was talking about on first post. I didn't know how to put it in-game. Can you teach me, kungfuserge, please!

open your mod with PFM
    bring these 2 files in it

warscape_equipment_items_tables
    warscape_equipment_themes_tables
    open the first file ; make a new entry and write in both column
    chassepot_b
    open the second file "warscape_equipment_themes_tables " make a new entry ID and call it whatever you want (like riflebayonet or whatever ...
    on the First column which is labelled "Primary weapon" write
    chassepot_b
    now go back in your mod to your unit in the Stat_land file " unit_stats_land_tables"
    look foward the column labelled
    Warscape Equipment Theme IDRef
    and put the very same name you gave in the last step " exemple :riflebayonet

of course that means that you have the correct animation I guess
    shogun_man_musket_trained
    ;

If you want your unit to use the Bayonet as a second weapon " Hand to Hand " that's another story .... doable ( could be with the animation of the lance or mixed with Nodashi stances ...but that needs a little work)
    Last edited by kungfuserge; April 30, 2012 at 10:13 AM.

THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Hey kungfuserge, where do you find the names of all the models? I want to see exactly what the .pack files have.

STW2 chassepot_b

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuserge View Post

STW2 chassepot_b
    Wow, it would be good for a mod on the franco prussian war of 1870! Have you a project for FOTS?
    Last edited by panzerschreck; May 01, 2012 at 01:19 AM.

there's no problem extracting it ; I can send you the mesh model ; it's only 86 ko

there's no problem extracting it ; I can send you the mesh model ; it's only 86 ko
    No, I just wanted to know if you planned something for FOTS. I am working on maps for WW1, I have made some big progress on my technic on mapping since we worked together.

Great find guys!

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

@ Panzer
    yes I'm updating my Kojiro mod for the FOTS ;

I can also make USA playable

( maybe 2 weeks)
    I'll get back the the Alamo mod after this
    Last edited by kungfuserge; May 02, 2012 at 05:39 AM.

@ Panzer
    yes I'm updating my Kojiro mod for the FOTS ;

I can also make USA playable

( maybe 2 weeks)
    I'll get back the the Alamo mod after this
    Whoa... You are a god of modding right now, could you show me how to make then playable?

Icon3 Re: Bayonets, tips from modders of ETW/NTW?

of course there is in this game a rifle with a mounted bayonet .... , you just need to learn how to put it in game

Nice tool that you used to look the mesh! I see that you made mods for Fall of Samurai, too! Maybe you like Napoleon Weapons for Fall of Samurai! I have upload Models/Mesh/Texture that worked with Fall of the Samurai!

Maybe you could use your nice tool to look & test what I have uploaded at IGdood thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=538081 Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast