Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [FoTS] Gator Marine's Western Marine retexture project

Default [FoTS] Gator Marine's Western Marine retexture project

By request I've decided to upload my work on recoloring the Western Marines to look more "accurate".

UPDATE: I'm calling this 1.0. Updated USMC and French Marines as well as provided quick recolors for Red Bear Infantry and Shinsengumi (this unit is a beta, feedback is appreciated).

I still have my old Royal Marines, but since there are two other packs that include RMs that are superior to mine, I'm keeping them out of the pack. I'll bring them back if it's requested, but I highly recommend either:
    SirDCC's
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=532374

or JFC's
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=532237

Both are superb!

Screen shots in posts below.

The USMC; I've given them their ACW Summer Uniform, like so:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Updated US Marines with correct USMC Kepi Badge and Summer Uniform

In the future I plan on making a variant of the USMC with the light blue trousers.

I've given the French Marines new uniforms based on this pic. They will be updated further in the future.

And Red Bears: every picture I've seen had them in all black. I don't know if that's accurate, but I thought I'd give them this more unique look to more closely resemble how I've always seen them depicted.

Just drop the pack in your data folder and check out your Marines' new clothes
    Last edited by GatorMarine1833; April 04, 2012 at 05:05 AM.

Default Re: Gator Marine's Western Marine retexture project

I tried it,really high quality retexture,thank you!

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Any ingame screenshots please good Sir?

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Dileos's Avatar Decanus

Excellent work on the USMC, it really makes them stand out on the battlefield

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Really good job, took a couple of screenshots of the British marines when testing for those wanting to see it in-game.

Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Brilliant mod! Downloading!

Thanks for the feedback!

I plan on touching up the British hat and the French overall, but this may take me some time (The wife and I are throwing a GoT season 2 party tonight, so I'll be out of action for a couple days).

I DLed this and it looks nice. I swear the Infanterie De Marine still had the reddish coloured trousers though :/

Nice job so far!

I posted this in another thread, but maybe this reference picture (attached to the post) might be more helpful for the infanterie de marine.
    The paletot jacket shown in your picture would be more likely worn overseas over the greatcoat shown in mine though.
    “a poor model can be saved by a great texture, but a bad texture will ruin even the most detailed model. - James O'Donnell, Forgotten Hope mod artist

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Very good, +rep

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

Sadly my french marines wont work =P
    they just have the same uniforms as usual and i have it installed correctly.
    And i dont have any mods that could/should conflict with them.
    The brits and us works just fine but not the french.
    Witch is sad since the once i wanted the most where the french =P.

I'll have a new upload tonight, and I will make sure to get the French included in this. Another note though, I will keep my British Skin, but I'm going to discontinue updates on it as there are two Royal Marine Skins out there that are far superior to mine and I highly recommend them.

Proud americans
    SCREENS

V.E.

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

FIRST POST UPDATED:

I've got some updates for everyone.

The new upload has new French Marines and updated US Marines as well as a recolor for Red Bear Infantry (every depiction I've seen of them had them in all black or very dark clothes, so I gave them a unique look to match. They look pretty intimidating now).

I'm also going to contribute some textures /variant models for the next Radious Unit Pack that will feature extra foreign troops. You'll need to download his mod to get them, but I'm going to preview them here.

Updated US Marines with correct USMC Kepi Badge and Summer Uniform

Updated French Marines, based on the resource pic posted earlier

Tosa Red Bears:

BONUS: Try out the Shinsengumi and let me know what you think. From the resources at my disposal (which are extremely limited) I have seen that they were relatively uniform and mostly wore Yellow or Light Blue. Consider this a suprise bonus beta unit

The next two units are previews for work I'm doing for Radious Unit Pack. Again, they won't be available for download here.

US Infantry

US Cavalry

Last edited by GatorMarine1833; April 04, 2012 at 04:51 AM.

SCREENS

V.E.

OLD SIG

The US Marines look dashing. Are you planning to do more foreign units for the Radious pack?

Would there be any way to give the French infanterie de marine their trademark jonquil epaulettes?
    “a poor model can be saved by a great texture, but a bad texture will ruin even the most detailed model. - James O'Donnell, Forgotten Hope mod artist

Unfortunately, there are no models in S2 that look like the epaulettes. The best I could do would be to give them shoulder boards the USMC Officer has, but I'd also have to give them the USMC Officer Shell Jacket. There will be foreign units for GB, France, and USA in the Radious pack including cavalry and line infantry for all three as well as light infantry

Nice work on the Red bears! I was hoping for some crafty fellow to give em black uniforms! Thank ye +REP
    If I am using Sir Digby's Royal Marines and your pack as well will there be any conflict?
    Last edited by GERMANICUS; April 04, 2012 at 05:53 PM.

They should work fine together, but I haven't checked his latest version with mine

V.E.

OLD SIG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast