Thread: New Building, Pre-Arena

Default New Building, Pre-Arena

I personally think there should be a building before the arena that allows gladiatorial games to be held, with much lower rewards than a Arena would give....even in cities without a "proper" arena there would still be gladiator matches wouldn't there?

Default Re: New Building, Pre-Arena

Not without the facilities and infrastructure to support them, there wouldn't. Has someone been watching the Spartacus TV series, by any chance?
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Theres a building limit in the EDB, Im not sure if RS has reached that limit though.

Deberoth's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by rory o'kane View Post
    Not without the facilities and infrastructure to support them, there wouldn't. Has someone been watching the Spartacus TV series, by any chance?
    Yeah, I am watching them. Watched episode 10 of season Vengeance today. Very good series.

well actually yes i have been, but i was under the influence that the early games started in the 3rd century BC, and it was most prominent during the 1st century CE....in this game theres been cases in Italy where i havent built a Arena till the 1st century BC and i feel like 200 years people all over Italy would of adopted gladiatorial games regardless of having a true "Arena"

also finale of spartacus was pretty damn cool

Stainless Steel for M2TW Kingdoms doesn't have an Ash Williams unit that fires shotguns and has a chainsaw for a hand because people really like Army of Darkness.

All I'm sayin

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by CTD_or_Bust View Post
    Stainless Steel for M2TW Kingdoms doesn't have an Ash Williams unit that fires shotguns and has a chainsaw for a hand because people really like Army of Darkness.

All I'm sayin
    We would have it if we could.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Who wouldn't?

In any case, not every place would want nor could support gladiator games.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Touché sir.

One of the most epic television series of today... my personal favorite
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- too bad batiatus is dead.... he was very funny, Ashur dead.. finally. Glaber dead.. didnt see that one coming, Lucretia dead...hope she's happy with that child in Elysium

On topic: I would like to see some pre arena building yes...
    Last edited by Lt.Speirs; April 01, 2012 at 07:50 AM.

Deberoth's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Speirs View Post
    One of the most epic television series of today... my personal favorite
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- too bad batiatus is dead.... he was very funny, Ashur dead.. finally. Glaber dead.. didnt see that one coming, Lucretia dead...hope she's happy with that child in Elysium

On topic: I would like to see some pre arena building yes...
    I wonder how the new episode is going to look. Now they have to search new enemies for Spartacus.

Quote Originally Posted by Deberoth View Post
    I wonder how the new episode is going to look. Now they have to search new enemies for Spartacus.
    Rome lost one of her praetors... Romes epic and inevitable wrath aint good enough for you eh?

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Deberoth View Post
    That will be Crassus and Caesar.

And by the way, if were going to use Spartacus as a historical guideline, there would indeed be a kind of pre arena.
    You know the shady places somewhere in the lupanarium district, where they fight in this small sandbox divided from the onlookers only by wooden banisters.
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."