Thread: Solved issue: Activating Shogun 2 (core game) after installing Fall of the Samurai

Default Solved issue: Activating Shogun 2 (core game) after installing Fall of the Samurai

This issue is plaguing players of Fall of the Samurai who did not first acquire and install Shogun 2.

If you install Fall of the Samurai, Shogun 2 is installed as well. However, the content of the Shogun 2 core game is not accessible.

To access the content, you must find the Shogun 2 product key (for those of you with gamestop's Impulse service, install the service, redeem your code, and right-click on the title in Impulse and select Product Code). Go to Steam and click on the Games drop down menu option from the list at the top of the screen. Select "Activate a Product on Steam." Enter the product key (including dashes) into the field provided, and click activate--be aware that Shogun uses a rather long string, so make sure you get all of it correct! Click Activate. After a few moments, the game should activate within Steam. If Fall of the Samurai and all related Steam update files have already downloaded and installed, no additional files should download. You can enter the same Fall of the Samurai link you already use and the content will now be available under "Start new Campaign," and any other menu option where the normal Shogun 2 game options would be found.

It is highly disappointing that this info is not made clearer by Steam, Gamestop, or Creative Assembly. Stickying this info would help new or rejoining members of the community.
    Last edited by thecactusman17; March 30, 2012 at 08:36 PM.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Solved issue: Activating Shogun 2 (core game) after installing Fall of the Samurai

Stuck.

Default Re: Solved issue: Activating Shogun 2 (core game) after installing Fall of the Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17 View Post
    This issue is plaguing players of Fall of the Samurai who did not first acquire and install Shogun 2.

If you install Fall of the Samurai, Shogun 2 is installed as well. However, the content of the Shogun 2 core game is not accessible.

To access the content, you must find the Shogun 2 product key (for those of you with gamestop's Impulse service, install the service, redeem your code, and right-click on the title in Impulse and select Product Code). Go to Steam and click on the Games drop down menu option from the list at the top of the screen. Select "Activate a Product on Steam." Enter the product key (including dashes) into the field provided, and click activate--be aware that Shogun uses a rather long string, so make sure you get all of it correct! Click Activate. After a few moments, the game should activate within Steam. If Fall of the Samurai and all related Steam update files have already downloaded and installed, no additional files should download. You can enter the same Fall of the Samurai link you already use and the content will now be available under "Start new Campaign," and any other menu option where the normal Shogun 2 game options would be found.

It is highly disappointing that this info is not made clearer by Steam, Gamestop, or Creative Assembly. Stickying this info would help new or rejoining members of the community.

So that means i will have to download 20gb of the Vanila beside 9.5gb of the Fall of Samurai?

Yes, you will.

I bought FOTS from steam and i cant look at my product key help?

It should either be on your sales receipt or in a separate email. Another online company I deal with puts the keys in a second email. Check your spam filter.

Hi everyone,

I read the first post however, i'm currently not able to use gamestop's impulse service (I don't even have a gamestop account).

Now the situation is: I installed FotS from DVD. As y'all might easily guess, on Steam it shows that I have Shogun 2 however, I can only play FotS. I've researched all over the Internet and couldn't find a solution. Furthermore, there is not a separate option to download a Sengoku Jidai campaign. Now that there is a sale going on, perhaps I could contact Steam to remove the game from my library and then I can buy and download Shogun 2: Collection.

What are your suggestions?

EDIT: I did it exactly as I wrote and contacted Steam Support. Luckily, they gave a quick answer and removed my Shogun 2 subscription. Now I could buy and download the Shogun 2: Collection with a whooping 75% discount.
    Last edited by Gokturk; August 15, 2015 at 05:39 PM.

I bought the "Limited Edition" shogun 2 & FOTS, 3 disc set. I installed disc 1, it then asked me insert disc 3, bypassing disc 2. Without asking for disc 2 it said, install complete. Once I activated it on Steam, using both product keys, it says, I have FOTS & Shogun 2 installed. I can't run Shogun 2 campaign. I've tried to run the mod, "acw", as well but no soap. I'm wondering if there is something on disc 2 that "acw" needs. Can't figure out how to get the info from disc 2. Anyone else have the "Limited Edition" pack and found a way to get install it so that "acw" works? Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by duffys tavern; February 15, 2016 at 08:12 PM.