Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FotS: Proper Languages

aiyaka's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: FotS: Proper Languages

Quote Originally Posted by Civilopedian View Post
    DarthMod compatible?
    yup.

Great Mod, but I dont understand one thing: Does it also do the same thing like Wind's japanese correct speeches mod, so do they say the right command in the right situation or is "forward" still "retreat"?

aiyaka's Avatar Libertus

akp posted an update of his fix on this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=544896, i only did some basic checks tho so im not sure if everything is fixed

Quote Originally Posted by aiyaka View Post
    akp posted an update of his fix on this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=544896, i only did some basic checks tho so im not sure if everything is fixed

Thank you, will give it a try, but sounds great. So this is a combination of spartan's and wind's mod, right?

aiyaka's Avatar Libertus

yea. i had to fix uk/dait_abuchi tho, just 2 lines werent added in by akp (if i remember correctly it was yari ashigaru 3 and single click move), but after i did that it seems to work properly. just compare akps uk folder with winds original mod and add in the missing files. also make sure to add it to userscript
    Last edited by aiyaka; June 26, 2012 at 05:17 PM.

Im guessing this makes multiplayer with vanilla games incompatible then?

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    I created this mod for those who prefer the immersion of hearing the appropriate native languages for units and characters, over the bad "Engrish" which was supplied with the English version of FotS. What I did was take the French localisation files and implemented them into the English version (some 10,500 files have been replaced). So now all Japanese units and characters will speak Japanese, while the French, English, and American units and agents will speak their appropriate respective languages. My mod does not alter the adviser or the diplomatic speeches, so they are still English.

Please report any instances where you hear English from your units or agents, I double and even triple checked as many files as possible, but due to the sheer volume of files I had to sort through and reorganize there may be something I missed.

Note: This mod does not use the movie pack type (I tried using it but the audio files would fail to load) so I had to save it as a mod pack file, so make sure you add this mod to the user.script

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    FotS Proper Languages

SW
    Nice one. Such a shame you couldn't mod 'Mr Shameful Display!' back in. Oh by the way, it's ages since I went anywhere near the user.script - where is it, and what line do I have to add to it?
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Just type %appdata% into the explorer address bar, and then go into The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts\user.script.txt (you should create the .txt file if you don't have it already)
    To enable the mod just type in mod "audiofix.pack"; Make sure to save the notepad file in Unicode, or the game won't enable it.

So after testing I can say the mod works fine, but is there a way to get the japanese speech fixes only, the thing WIND'S mod did?
    Because those proper languages are only needed for the english version of the game.

Doesn't seem to work with Sinfonia Semplice. I click on my Shinsengumi agent, there's no sound, and the game crashes.

This mod is just what I was looking for.
    Perhaps now I will have the willpower to actually finish a FotS campaign.
    Thanks

can someone please reup this mod. the links are broken

please gamefront says webpaage is not found when i try to download, i want this mod so badddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

thanks for the mod
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

How'd it
    Work for u it's wont load the link for me....

so how do you install this?

Quote Originally Posted by shnukshnuk View Post
    How'd it
    Work for u it's wont load the link for me....
    It works perfectly here, it's obviously a problem on your end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwantssugar View Post
    so how do you install this?
    Download and copy/paste it to the shogun 2 data folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakanade View Post

Download and copy/paste it to the shogun 2 data folder.
    youre going to have to spell it out for me, whats the proper file path for the correct folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Lwantssugar View Post
    youre going to have to spell it out for me, whats the proper file path for the correct folder?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data

somehow or rather, i'm hearing Republican infantry/guard infantry calling themselves teppo/hinawajuu. (arquebusiers)
    「戦場廻り、運命決まり、生死しらない」

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast