Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FotS: Proper Languages

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Default FotS: Proper Languages

I created this mod for those who prefer the immersion of hearing the appropriate native languages for units and characters, over the bad "Engrish" which was supplied with the English version of FotS. What I did was take the French localisation files and implemented them into the English version (some 10,500 files have been replaced). So now all Japanese units and characters will speak Japanese, while the French, English, and American units and agents will speak their appropriate respective languages. My mod does not alter the adviser or the diplomatic speeches, so they are still English.

Please report any instances where you hear English from your units or agents, I double and even triple checked as many files as possible, but due to the sheer volume of files I had to sort through and reorganize there may be something I missed.

Note: This mod does not use the movie pack type (I tried using it but the audio files would fail to load) so I had to save it as a mod pack file, so make sure you add this mod to the user.script

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    FotS Proper Languages

SW

Nordmann's Avatar Senator

Default Re: FotS: Proper Languages

Superb! Thanks a lot, that must have been a real nightmare to sort through. Hats off to you for doing it.

Just want to say that I simply LOVE your mod! The game is so much better now! Now, is there a way to mute that cowboy's voice, or perhaps bring back good old "Shamefur Dispray" guy?

Thank you,it works great!

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah, I really, REALLY love FoTS...much more so than S2TW, and I feel like it's improved in just about every way possible, except for the God awful decision to revert back to mock native accents spoken in English. It was so nice when they changed this in NTW, but going back to hearing British guys trying to fake a Japanese accent...UGGGHHHH.

So thank you so much for this mod. +rep

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

Thanks
    Will check later...but I was wondering why the French get Japanese Audio but English was kinda abused.

edit: AMAZING! works like a charm
    Last edited by valky; March 31, 2012 at 07:38 AM.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Awwwwwwwwwwwww YEAH. Now I dont have to hear ON DA DOUBRU spammed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by M2TWRocks View Post
    Yeah, I really, REALLY love FoTS...much more so than S2TW, and I feel like it's improved in just about every way possible, except for the God awful decision to revert back to mock native accents spoken in English. It was so nice when they changed this in NTW, but going back to hearing British guys trying to fake a Japanese accent...UGGGHHHH.

The thing is that when I was comparing the 'Engrish' with the actual Japanese files is that they used the same voice actors, so the terrible accents in the English version weren't done by British guys but by the same people that did the Japanese for the original Shogun 2 audio and for the foreign versions of FotS. I just don't get why CA went with this, if this is truly what many fans wanted.

On thing making this mod has allowed me to here multiple Japanese phrases over and over again... I don't know how many times I had some variation of "Tono!" yelled at me.

Excellent! implementing this excellent immersion right away, my thanks SW for correcting THE most annoying aspect of FOTS, and with the noble Noif dealing with clan recolouring soon all will be golden,
    +REP!

Thank you spartan_warrior.

Unfortunately, GameFront is blocking access from Japan since February.
    Could anyone mirror this mod to any other site?

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Quote Originally Posted by M2TWRocks View Post

Actually, those are not british voice actors. Why? Coz those voice actors also did an english narration on the Japanese campaign of Battlestations Pacific.

The guy screaming about the Kotetsu repaired in the historical battle of Miyako was one of the dudes screaming at me at engrish at Battlestations Pacific while I was bombarding USS Iowa with IJN Yamato.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    Just want to say that I simply LOVE your mod! The game is so much better now! Now, is there a way to mute that cowboy's voice, or perhaps bring back good old "Shamefur Dispray" guy?
    Oh gods, please do this. I can't stand the announcer. "The enemy is running like heathens from a preacher" if I hear that one more time I may go insane.

BRING BACK SHAMEFURU DISRPAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceciro View Post
    Oh gods, please do this. I can't stand the announcer. "The enemy is running like heathens from a preacher" if I hear that one more time I may go insane.

BRING BACK SHAMEFURU DISRPAY!
    That can be done, but I don't think I will get to it anytime soon, I've already got a few other modding projects started. Also replacing the FotS adviser with the original guy won't totally work either, as the new adviser says things about Gatling Guns, Torpedoes, etc and they don't have an equivalent with the original adviser.

When they bring in Gatling Guns you can always have the adviser complaining how the battle is soon over and you've lost.

Hmm, for some reason this mod sort of ruins my sound for me. What I mean is, I can hear the unit sounds in native Japanese just fine. However, I have to turn up my speakers WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY up to even hear the campaign map unit saying whatever he says after I order the stack somewhere. Messing with both my soundcard EQ and in game settings does nothing to fix this .

-edit-Okay scratch that. Uninstalled the mod and deleted my user script and the issue is still around. Wtf.

-Edit again-
    Fixed my deleting preferences.script and verifying the cache. Whoops.
    Last edited by Lokgar; March 31, 2012 at 09:03 PM.

To Op,

Your mod seems to conflict with the encyclepedia in the game. Im unable to open the encyclepedia while in game; it only shows a white screen. Must be that its not able to recognize the english encyclepedia when you have modded it. Are you able to fix this? Does anyone else with the english version of the game have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    That can be done, but I don't think I will get to it anytime soon, I've already got a few other modding projects started. Also replacing the FotS adviser with the original guy won't totally work either, as the new adviser says things about Gatling Guns, Torpedoes, etc and they don't have an equivalent with the original adviser.
    Tbh, anyone who just made Cowboy Pete shut up would be a hero, much less replacing him.

Spaxspore's Avatar Campidoctor

As promised + rep to you..!

Steforian's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    To Op,

Your mod seems to conflict with the encyclepedia in the game. Im unable to open the encyclepedia while in game; it only shows a white screen. Must be that its not able to recognize the english encyclepedia when you have modded it. Are you able to fix this? Does anyone else with the english version of the game have this problem?
    That's odd, for me i do not have this problem. And i do have the English version as well. Perhaps you did not edit/replace the user.script file? Or maybe another mod is conflicting with this one, because for me this is the only mod installed, and the only one Ive ever installed for fots.

Quote Originally Posted by Steforian View Post
    That's odd, for me i do not have this problem. And i do have the English version as well. Perhaps you did not edit/replace the user.script file? Or maybe another mod is conflicting with this one, because for me this is the only mod installed, and the only one Ive ever installed for fots.
    Hmm that is weird. I thought it was the mod because right before i DL the mod, the encyclepedia worked, so I was guessing it might be the mod. I ll have to double check. So, you are able to open up the encycledia during your campaign or even during a battle? And, yes I have my user script directed to the mod.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast