Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: NOIF's Boshin War Mod (NoBWN) - HISTORICAL FLAGS, BANNERS & UNIFORMS 22.3.2013

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Noif's Alternative Clan Colours (NACC) - FOTS uniforms project V2.0 (Playable + DLC factions, Now 10 Minors)!

Quote Originally Posted by smatussek1 View Post
    so does this conflict with demokrito's alternative faction colours?
    Yes, I have talked with Demokritos and followed his thread. At least it cause conflict because he use same file like but for Shogun 2 and mine for FOTS. So if you want play shogun 2 on ACC mod, then remove my fots mod and same with fots on mine, but remove demokritos's ACC.

Default Re: Noif's Alternative Clan Colours (NACC) - FOTS uniforms project V2.0 (Playable + DLC factions, Now 10 Minors)!

Ah yes of course what am i saying ...boshin and normal factions share the same faction_uniform_colours file...maybe i was just hoping you incorporated them since he's your mentor...Ill just have to switch each campaing no big deal. Great mod! +rep

I like what you've done here with the exception of the Satsuma; I thought their vanilla scheme was more or less dead on, which is bloody terrifying considering CA's track record for uniforms.

I especially like the Tosa scheme you've done, and both of the Choshu incarnations you've posted; the current one is quite similar to the 20th century Japanese uniform, which I imagine was the intention.
    Therefore, I conclude, that Valve should announce Half Life 2 Episode 3.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MajorStoffer View Post
    I like what you've done here with the exception of the Satsuma; I thought their vanilla scheme was more or less dead on, which is bloody terrifying considering CA's track record for uniforms.

I especially like the Tosa scheme you've done, and both of the Choshu incarnations you've posted; the current one is quite similar to the 20th century Japanese uniform, which I imagine was the intention.
    When I started working with Choshu, Tosa and Satsuma. I got many ideas for those factions and some recolors has come for accidently. If you watch those Tosa pictures Before and After... in Before, there was vanilla and then i suddenly make this color choice grey-blue. little bit recolored version it bring me step closer what I have wanted. Then I decided made dark red trouses and small details and between dark grey and normal grey version.

Then Satsuma and Choshu i have found nice models from internet:
    For Satsuma (dark blue jacket and blue trouses)

For Choshu (this picture looks more like WWI,WWII uniform), but I think dark red details and green-brown color fill better to uniform. Also it fit well with Yellow banner.

Looking to historical uniforms, what I have seen. Choshu and Satsuma had similar uniform colors, Tosa have not sure information. Shogunate Tokugawa (Edo) they used black and white admiral uniforms like what France used after Napoleon's war. I know here people like and don't like so, so I hope that I can make good recolors for myself and for other players too.
    Next mod I haven't named yet, but next minor factions come for 11 factions (what I have already named on early post). I hope that I can get it finish it before Wednesday, because next week Thursday I will start my work so my project will slow down.

♔Noif♔

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

RADIOUS MOS + NAAC + NOIF'S MODERN JAPAN ARMY

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

RADIOUS MODS + NACC + NOIF'S MODERN JAPAN ARMY

V.E.

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Content Emeritus

If all goes well with testing and recoloring. New update for NACC will release at Sunday or Monday. Also Next week I will have busy times with my new job, so project will slow down, but I will continue working when I have time again. When I will working with these NACC, then beside it I will start "NACC Historical Uniforms", where including Satsuma, Choshu, Tosa and Edo. Also banners change to historical flags and sashimonos.

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif♔ View Post
    If all goes well with testing and recoloring. New update for NACC will release at Sunday or Monday. Also Next week I will have busy times with my new job, so project will slow down, but I will continue working when I have time again. When I will working with these NACC, then beside it I will start "NACC Historical Uniforms", where including Satsuma, Choshu, Tosa and Edo. Also banners change to historical flags and sashimonos.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Content Emeritus

This evening and night I have made historical searching and I had found really much documents about flags for plenty factions and uniforms colors for Satsuma, Choshu, Tosa, Shogunate Tokugawa, Aizu and some more. I have suprised about results, what I have found and researched. Maybe soon I can start working for NACC Historical Beta version.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif♔ View Post
    This evening and night I have made historical searching and I had found really much documents about flags for plenty factions and uniforms colors for Satsuma, Choshu, Tosa, Shogunate Tokugawa, Aizu and some more. I have suprised about results, what I have found and researched. Maybe soon I can start working for NACC Historical Beta version.
    This my friend, would be a very worthly addition to your moddong endevours
    A true visual overhaul of the units based on a historical perspective would bring the Boshin war period to life!
    I for one look forward to any such work that time permits you with great excitement.

Content Emeritus

Last night I had made some fruits and this morning I made small test on historical

Historical Satsuma "Test version" in campaign
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

this is not perfect, because it have problem when i move camera bit far away from army or city.
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; April 22, 2012 at 04:30 AM.

The new flag is much much better than vanilla's one

V.E.

OLD SIG

I agree with V.E. this will be even more so with the change it provides for unit standard bearers on the battlefield!

Eheheheh, Noif can do EVERYTHING!

V.E.

OLD SIG

Content Emeritus

NACC MOD v2.1A/B
    - Bring 11 New recolored minor factions:

Shikoku Island: Tokushima, Ozu, Marugame and Awaji-Sumoto
    Southern Kyushu Island: Tanegashima
    Middle Mainland: Takatsuki, Sayama, Tatsuno, Wakayama, Okayama and Matsuyama

Releasing soon...

Content Emeritus

Default Re: Noif's Alternative Clan Colours (NACC) - FOTS uniforms project V2.1 (Playable + DLC factions, Now 21 Minors)! 22.4.2012

NACC MOD v2.1A/B is released out!

Default Re: Noif's Alternative Clan Colours (NACC) - FOTS uniforms project V2.1 (Playable + DLC factions, Now 21 Minors)! 22.4.2012

I'm the first downloader
    Amazing job (as always) noif

V.E.

PS +rep when possible

OLD SIG

Whats the Difference between 2.1A and 2.1 B?
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Gorhaax View Post
    Whats the Difference between 2.1A and 2.1 B?
    A = All factions recolored, B = All factions recolored except Aizu + Choshu on improved vanilla colors.

Content Emeritus

I have got good news.
    This day I have got my historical banners working well without any problem. This evening I have made a test for Satsuma and Choshu historical banner and all looks well now. This is really good news, because now I got this problem solved so I can keep researching NACC FOTS Historical banners for game. If all goes well, I can release [BETA] NACC FOTS Historical banners for Fall of the samurai, but this is in begin, so this might will take some time.

these historical banners is still incomplete
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; April 24, 2012 at 04:57 AM.